Author Topic: Artistic Photomanipulations  (Read 4010 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: Artistic Photomanipulations
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 08:54:59 AM »
VA, I love the Blizzard force rendering, it's perfect seeing the vehicles with the insignia!

Not too sure about the oil rendering as you've blurred out a really good image. Try the dry brush tool and mess around with the sliders. Also try using the colour balance and the shadow/highlight tools they are my personal favourites.

I feel a Hangarbay Photoshop tutorial coming on....

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
VA, I love the Blizzard force rendering, it's perfect seeing the vehicles with the insignia!

Not too sure about the oil rendering as you've blurred out a really good image. Try the dry brush tool and mess around with the sliders. Also try using the colour balance and the shadow/highlight tools they are my personal favourites.

I feel a Hangarbay Photoshop tutorial coming on....

Thank you for the advice Hangarbay94, I'm a little new at this photo-manipulation thing, as you can tell LOL, I really appreciate the constructive feedback. I am going to take your advice and give it a shot! This is one of things that I LOVE about this fourm, the feedback, honesty, and tips to make things better. You guys and girls are the very best!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
VA, as I said in the mail I wrote to you, you are way too kind ;)
(I hope the poster file made it to your inbox)

the walkers together with the insignias fit perfect. I think this is the right way to go. What about skipping to model/figure shots form the forums? add a background photo to them and render this composite using the various filters to blend everything, then adding your patches...its sure a lot of fun and more individual.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »
VA, as I said in the mail I wrote to you, you are way too kind ;)
(I hope the poster file made it to your inbox)

the walkers together with the insignias fit perfect. I think this is the right way to go. What about skipping to model/figure shots form the forums? add a background photo to them and render this composite using the various filters to blend everything, then adding your patches...its sure a lot of fun and more individual.

Hello Art, yes I did get the poster and I want to thank you very much for it. I had it printed out in 16"x20" in photo quality framed and placed on the wall in my Star Wars room. It is the most impressive piece of art I have in there.

As for your idea, I like it A LOT, I'm going to start working on that very soon. Thanks again, you never disappoint.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »
Hello Art, yes I did get the poster and I want to thank you very much for it...

oh, you are most welcome, my friend!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 12:47:46 AM »
Creating artwork from customs and vehicles on the forums is very rewarding, I used to do it a lot and the feedback was awesome. No only does the artist get a great deal of satisfaction, the recipient gets a huge boost from being the focus of an artists attention.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:10 AM »
Creating artwork from customs and vehicles on the forums is very rewarding, I used to do it a lot and the feedback was awesome. No only does the artist get a great deal of satisfaction, the recipient gets a huge boost from being the focus of an artists attention.

yes, its indeed a WIN-WIN situation!