Author Topic: June - Custom Create a Wookielover1138 Contest  (Read 29337 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: June - Custom Create a Wookielover1138 Contest
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2011, 05:46:55 AM »
I know one thing, when the poll goes up for this I am gonna take a few days to vote. These are all just outstanding.

Offline KesselRunImports

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2011, 06:06:13 AM »
WOW! This is getting so awesome! I can see what Tamer is talking about, it looks like voting on this one is going next to impossible.

Thanks to everyone who is participating, it's so great to see all the well thought out and original ideas. The entries so far are so amazing, I just don't know what else to say...

Oh yeah, @Stefan, great idea, how could I not make a card set, or two, or whatever it takes to showcase all this super cool work.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2011, 06:23:40 AM »
I know one thing, when the poll goes up for this I am gonna take a few days to vote. These are all just outstanding.
Amen to that brother...amen to that! :D

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2011, 06:26:12 AM »
oh my, new levels of coolness here today. Ron, your entry is stunning! Is that a Marion Ravenwood head with some sculpting? If so it looks so much more like Jenn than the Baroness head, good call! Then the idea for the tuscan clothing draped over her, even cooler. Amazing weathering and details my friend.

Botw, that anime style Jenn rocks man! Very well done and I love the joe parts you have meshed together with the CW parts. Very sleek and sultry, nice touch with the neck tattoo.

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2011, 06:27:20 AM »
I agree with KRI, I'm just speechless!!! Ron and botwt great work and best of luck :D You can bet we will be doing a show at the end of the contest featuring all these awesome customs 0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2011, 07:04:27 AM »
Wow Ron, that looks fantastic.

You took your favorite character and made a Jenn out of it. Spot on!

I will have to do another contest update later on this week and use that one.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »
Thanks guys...and I agree AFE, the entries for this should all be winners, very tough to judge! 

botwt you must tell us the recipe and what paint you used. That flat black looks perfect.
Flat black...well it is pretty simple sort of...black paints tend to have different tints to them...some more blue and others lean toward grey. To get the best looking flat black I find is to use Ceramcoat Black then use Testors Dullcote to protect it and add an extra layer to help suppress any shine that is left (which really isn't much). Hope that helps! :D

Thanks man, I always want to gather as much knowledge as I can.

Offline theyrenotdolls

• Cadet
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
THIS IS MY ENTRY!

This is a recent, but not new creation.  Originally intended as jaina solo with lowbacca, i think it resembles wookieelover1138 a bit, and she's hugging on a wookiee.  maybe this can be "Custom of Jen Cosplaying Jaina"

Love the Kessel Run Review though. Lots of fun. 

Enjoy

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2011, 04:10:12 PM »
I loved Chad's Zombie Jenn and was mesmerized by first Ron's rogue sandtrooper Jenn and then Botw brought the theme to a whole new perspective with his animated version "love the tattoo!"
Not TND comes in with his great creation "welcome to the shipyards by the way"

Man, this is turning into some contest, folks!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
TND great entry and a unique idea. Very well done, I am a big fan of the Rebels.

We have seen Jenn hanging out with Aurra Sing in her black bounty hunter outfit. There are a few tales about her time with Aurra but one not many know, as most were never seen or heard from again after seeing her. To join forces with Aurra Jenn had to train, fight, practice shooting and live with her until her skills matched Aurra's. At that point to show her loyalty and mark the moment she had achieved her goal, Aurra shaved Jenn's head leaving only a narrow strip on top. Durring her training she learned to make many gadgets and collected things to incorporate to make herself a better, quicker, more equipped bounty hunter. You may notice she has boot rockets and a knife hidden on the back, 2 custom blasters, custom sniper riffle with soft strap, wrist gauntlet she has improved herself, hand held scanner and communicator, detention cuffs and a hologram projector. If you know anything about this bad girl you know her pet, companion, guard beast Buudaah is never far behind and she does have a leash to keep him from getting too wild.

This is my entry.

Through a special collaboration with Luke Sprywalker and Sideshow Collectables, we present the ultimate Fan Girl, WookieLover1138 of the Kessel Run Review in Bounty Hunter gear. She has been immortalized in plastic in The Clone Wars Style. Ultimate Collector Edition comes with Buudaah and leash, only 200 available. Collector Edition is limited to 500 pieces so get 'em while they're hot.

More pics in my custom figure thread.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »
That's awesome! She looks wicked badass! I really like seeing you guys play with the cartoon versions! hats off Spry!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
Nice entry LE! Everything you do turns out awesome.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »
what an cool idea, spry!!! yeah, wicked badass are the right words  ;D

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »
Damn guys the ole noggin is just in overload mode at the moment with all these exceptional works.

Ron

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2011, 04:00:34 AM »
These entries are incredible.  The pressure is on.  I'm breaking a sweat here.  I just made my first custom in a long time this weekend after a few weeks of no customizing.  I've been getting by on posting old projects, but now that I'm back at it, I have to figure out what to do.  The competition is fierce in this one.  I'll get started after I pick my jaw up from off the floor.