Author Topic: Mr. Black's customs: K2SO repaint for charity  (Read 82829 times)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Incom's Customs: Female AT-AT Driver for Tamer WIP 12/07/11
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2011, 01:40:12 AM »
No, haven't considered that part, didn't know it existed :lol: ! Thanks for the excellent tip, pm sent! :D

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »
very nice; can't wait to see how this one comes out when it's all finished.

The shoulders look a little 'buff', but I guess the Empire's not too interested in wimpy chicas in its forces... ;)

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »
very nice; can't wait to see how this one comes out when it's all finished.

The shoulders look a little 'buff', but I guess the Empire's not too interested in wimpy chicas in its forces... ;)

I agree, the shoulders do look a bit off. But with that chest armour Ars30's sent my way (thanks, again Allen  0/ ) and some shoulder plates, it'll look much better.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »
So er.... painting's pretty much done, waiting for that excellent Bultar Swan part to arrive. Found another Scarlett head (25th. with the pony tail), which imho looks better. You decide, Tamer :D

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
I'm feeling the first head but they are both rockin it! Looks really good!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »
I have to admit that the picture below has the head the really makes her look like a stunning beauty imo and doesn't swallow the neck as much.

I am thinking this head will be awesome for helmetless, but am wondering if perhaps the Illum Padme head might still be useful for the helmet on version or a combination of the Illum Padme head for the back with a cast and cut off chunk of the front portion of the Scarlett head for a helmet on version? Did that make any sense? Or perhaps you have another idea entirely.

I don't mess with the artist who works the magic so you do what you feel looks best and thank you for allowing me to give my opinion.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »
I have to admit that the picture below has the head the really makes her look like a stunning beauty imo and doesn't swallow the neck as much.

I am thinking this head will be awesome for helmetless, but am wondering if perhaps the Illum Padme head might still be useful for the helmet on version or a combination of the Illum Padme head for the back with a cast and cut off chunk of the front portion of the Scarlett head for a helmet on version? Did that make any sense? Or perhaps you have another idea entirely.

I don't mess with the artist who works the magic so you do what you feel looks best and thank you for allowing me to give my opinion.
Shawn, now you are starting to think like a custom builder. Perhaps I should send you some paints for Christmas?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2011, 04:12:00 AM »
Shawn, now you are starting to think like a custom builder. Perhaps I should send you some paints for Christmas?

LOL. I am experimenting with the idea Clint. If I can get my new entertainment area / bookshelf and then my other display cabinets finished I think that will be my next project, a true customizing area.

I really liked that set up with the fan that Incom showed us how to make a few months back. That was pretty slick.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2011, 03:24:46 PM »
Yepper, I am liking the second pic with the pony tail. She just looks prettier to me Incom.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »
Yepper, I am liking the second pic with the pony tail. She just looks prettier to me Incom.

if you can do it right, and make it look good, you can trim the top of that head sculpt's hair down so that it's not so larger to make it fit beneath a helmet...  but I think you'd have a better chance of hollowing out the at-at drivers helmet some more to accomodate the head/hair.  The at-at and tie pilot helmets are so thick they can stand to be opened up a bit for larger head sculpts........... I think.......

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
I think the scarlet head is too small for the neck.does not look proportionate,it just won't look well on that bodytype either.the arms might also be a little big for a female character,i'm only basing these observations from the photos though,may look different in person.hope you don't mind me throwing my two cents in,and you know I'm a fan of all your work remco.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »
Not at all, buddy, I'd rather have honest criticism than misplace praise. And I know what you mean. Lady Jaye does have some large parts on her body, her neck being on of 'em ;) And indeed, the female Rebel pilot's arms remain a bit buff, despite the fact I sanded off the shoulders quite a bit. But with the armour and shoulder plates in place, I'm positive it'll work out for the better.

Thanks for the advice on the helmet too, guys. I'll go down a different road though, one I've travelled before. I'll sand down the Lady Jaye head (which isn't of any use to me anyway), so that it'll fit inside the Saga '06 helmet. I think women will put up their hair underneath the helmet as well, not letting long hair come out from underneath it. Safety first, right?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Incom's Customs: Sithstalker and Heavy Mando WIPs 12/17/'11
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Went back to sculpting again. Here's an overview of some SW projects, including a Sithstalker head for Darth Phantom:

More info on my Facebook page!  ;D

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »
Dude!!! Those customs are going to be sick! Can't wait!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »
Wow Remco. You are on fire. I like both of these. On the fp too.

Back to the AT-AT Driver. I did like that same head you did. It just looks more feminine to me that the other. I guess the other does fit the neck a bit better. Oh well, you are the artists and I am feeling all we are doing now is muddying already murky waters. I think it looks brilliant and love the sound of the helmet on issue too. Thanks for making it.