Author Topic: Arcade 1up 3/4 scale retro coin op cabinets  (Read 39102 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Arcade 1up 3/4 scale retro coin op cabinets
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2021, 06:43:57 AM »
You wouldn’t keep it in the box, I hope?

Depends on if it was vintage or had really great art on it. DH

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »
I doubt it

Got the joust cab up in its custom riser now. I only lack putting the large side graphics on.

I did get a note from GameStop the other day. Apparently at least one of them, Star Wars, I think, will arrive this week

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2021, 05:29:47 AM »
looks great with all those other cabinets. Nice work.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2021, 06:41:24 AM »
Guess what, Shawn? I got up in the night and found this on the front porch. I was supposed to sign for it so it must have been late when it arrived.
  I had gotten another delay email about the Star Wars version just the other day. Middle of next month, possibly.
  I’m going to put this bad boy together today

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »
Very nice Clint! That looks outstanding! I can't wait to see it put together. Bet you are working on it right now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2021, 10:24:07 AM »
I really didn’t get it together until Saturday night.
Assembly wasn’t too difficult as the lower body of the beast is pre assembled and all you have to put together is that top marquee/score board back box and bolt the legs on. My one glitch was that one of the hepatic feedback solenoids wasn’t working and I ended up opening the table up to tap on the solenoid a couple of times until it started functioning again. The table is designed to open up that way for servicing.
   That hepatic feedback as delivered by 4 different solenoids built into the cabinet body, is what really makes this virtual pinball so convincing. You feel it when you key the flippers, you feel it when the ball is bouncing off of bumpers.
    This machine is certainly built solid enough. At 95 lbs, it can take a shake or two which is good as the internal accelerometer allows you to tilt the machine to affect the ball while in play, like a real pinball machine.

More later but wow, Shawn, this blows my other arcade machines away in quality, presentation, and just plain fun. As cool as this one is, the Star Wars version will be even better.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:31:58 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2021, 03:36:12 AM »
Looks pretty sweet to me Clint. Nice build. I look forward to seeing your Star Wars version.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2021, 05:47:04 PM »
By now I have an enthralling respect for that Marvel machine. It is truly a thing all its own and replicates in an enjoyable and brilliant way, the excitement and thrills of the real thing. I was never a big real pinball guy because the video games had me so excited back in the day. I feel I understand now what I was missing.
  We had some friends over last night and I had a four player Ghost Rider game going on that was an absolute blast.

This one showed up at the end of the porch, in between rain storms, on Sunday morning. The required signatures were ignored again, I was lucky to have poked my head out the door to find it.
     Kind of like the marvel machine, I will grow to favor a few of the ten offered tables more because of table design than subject matter. Those few tables I love the heck out of. This Star Wars machine will be even better, I’m betting

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2021, 02:21:45 AM »
Nice Clint. Can't wait to see that one go together. Good thing it looks like it showed up in one piece as the delivery folks sure ain't doing their job it sounds like. Glad you are having fun with the Marvel machine too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »
Shawn, I am ready for final assembly. This one is to go downstairs so I will put the legs on and throw on that back DMD box and plug her in down there. At 90 lbs and full of sturdy legs, I wasn’t sure how it would fare down the stairs. I would say possible but awkward fully assembled and at least the DMD box should be removed.
The marquee box with the dmd and speakers is the only component that you need to assemble as the main body is already together. I’m itching to play Ghost Rider on the Marvel table even as I approach putting this one, which will certainly be better, to its initial test.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:42:03 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2021, 02:31:27 AM »
That looks awesome Clint. Man, you are really getting the whole Arcade Feel in your house now I bet.

Off to share the latest on the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2021, 03:00:08 AM »
Got some shots here of the main body with the legs on and attention brought to just how sturdy the leg attachment points are with stainless steel hardware of a heavy duty style. This machine was meant to be knocked around some because of the accelerometer and ability to tilt or nudge implemented.
  Got the back box on and everything appears to function properly. I was busy yesterday so I only had time for a quick round of Han Solo and I loaded up the Empire Table to see it and let me tell you, the John Willams soundtrack is the immediate star of the show, presented in tight crisp stereo sound that seems mixed in a way that almost separates the instruments for you with those two channels. One of the problems the video reviewers would experience with this machine is how bold the soundtrack is and how it’s copyrights would get their videos taken down because of infringement.
   Very awesome so far. I will get a chance to really play it today.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2021, 08:45:39 AM »
4 tables into it now. I am already calling 3 of them the stars of the show but I’ll have to play em all to be sure. The soundtrack and various Star Wars universe sound effects are really tugging my heartstrings here and the alternate voice talent isn’t bad and for two or three of them, there quotes are pretty convincing. This is very cool and like the marvel table, I’m wanting to connect this unit to an actual stereo system with a sub. Don’t get me wrong, the presented set of speakers do a great job of delivering a loud stereo experience. I just think that if a juicer sound system was implemented, to work simultaneously with the stock speakers, may make an already killer experience that much more jaw dropping.
I took a few more shots a while ago. We did re arrange the arcade last week and you can see it’s new configuration in the background. I had strung a color changing strand of LED lights behind a few of the machines to add to the flavor.

Oh, I had been trying to track my order through GameStop’s site before it arrived and as I had said, it showed up unexpectedly.
      When I track the order now, it claims it’s still awaiting carrier pickup and that it’s supposed to arrive next Wednesday.
They had changed that date twice since I got it.
Silly posties, they have me nervous now. I keep checking the front porch at random, thinking I might find a pinball machine out there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 09:09:33 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2021, 02:31:40 AM »
Daggone that looks nice Clint. So awesome. Thanks for the quick review. Sounds awesome to me.

Off to share this on the front page. And yes, I have created a "special box" at the end of my driveway for big packages that my posties seem to use better, but its still not a lock by any means.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2021, 01:06:46 PM »
Very cool, beans,buddy.
I believe I have it narrowed to two favorite tables but still haven’t tried at least 3 yet still.
  I picked up a little 50 watt Logitech 2.1 pc sound system with a sub at walmart and some connectors to give our Star Wars tables existing sound system an extra layer of punch.

Here are some more shots of the arcade