Author Topic: SQUAD - Galactic Contention STAR WARS MOD  (Read 147 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
SQUAD - Galactic Contention STAR WARS MOD
« on: April 25, 2024, 12:52:23 PM »
My brother made me aware of this a couple days ago. I'm watching gameplay footage of this mod made by fans who obviously really care about Star Wars.

If you didn't know Squad before like me, it's a war simulation that aims for maximum realism like Arma 3.
Now if you already have Squad, download this mod for free, gather your Squad of friends and have the Star Wars gaming experience of your life.
This mod shows how passionate fans are about a Battlefront III that we never got.

Galactic Contention shows how the Clone Wars must've actually felt.
If this footage makes you want to buy a gaming computer, don't blame me! lol

See for yourself...

A Cinematic Masterpiece | Galactic Contention Star Wars
double-click for full screen view

The Perfect Era | Galactic Contention Star Wars

The MASSIVE Star Wars Mod That Proves AAA Games Wrong
t=2570s

Now please tell me, have you heard about this before?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:57:38 PM by Darth More »

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
Re: SQUAD - Galactic Contention STAR WARS MOD
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 04:48:15 PM »
I'm not a gamer. Never have been, but the color, clarity, animation and graphics in all 3 videos are fantastic!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 02:50:40 AM »
Wow, this is freaking gorgeous. Man, I could just watch this without even playing the game.

As I have gotten older I have found first person shooters like this give me horrible motion sickness, but man I am thinking about trying to set this up. It looks great.

Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 09:56:58 AM »
I'm not a gamer. Never have been, but the color, clarity, animation and graphics in all 3 videos are fantastic!!

Same here, never had the time to play intensively. But the games I played have a place in my heart and still give me much nostalgia for half my life now.
The inspiration I got from the original Star Wars Battlefront games alone is endless and priceless.

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at all 3 videos! There are countless more and my brother is actually going to build a new computer to install this game and mod.
SQUAD was on sale on steam 'til April 22 for 17,99€. I was tempted to get it, but I'll wait for the right time. There will be another good deal down the road.
I just need to take care of myself to live a little longer. I mean what a time to be alive and who knows what's to come in the future? 3D printing and gaming for me if I have more time some day.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 10:06:02 AM »
Wow, this is freaking gorgeous. Man, I could just watch this without even playing the game.

As I have gotten older I have found first person shooters like this give me horrible motion sickness, but man I am thinking about trying to set this up. It looks great.

Off to share.

Thanks for sharing it! Yes, I feel the same and watched footage of this game mod for about 2 hours yesterday. This puts all premium game developers to shame. Everything for Star Wars gaming under Di$ney and EA went fatally wrong. I miss the days of LucasArts.

Yeah, I'm not a good gamer, but get inspired a lot by those games. Whenever I play a videogame I'm busy exploring the maps for details and immediately want to go back to the workbench again.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 12:27:54 AM »
If you decide to buy SQUAD and modify it with the Galactic Contention Mod, which I hope you do, this guide will help you to get started:

GALACTIC CONTENTION | A Complete Beginner's GUIDE