Author Topic: Kansas City Comicon 2013 April 6-7  (Read 6816 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Kansas City Comicon 2013 April 6-7
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 07:52:20 AM »
Looks like fun Clint. Wish I was there.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 11:01:21 AM »
It was. OK, finally got the last of the pics here. I am with the Sandtroopers crew in the one pic.
 A word about prices. The loose figure prices at the various vendors were pretty fair some of which went for the 1 for $4 or 3 for $10 option. I didnt see a lot of modern joes but saw some older stuff and lots of loose SW and Marvel figures. Modern MOC figures were averaging at $15 a pop while the older carded figures were cheaper.
This fuzzy pic of a Jinx i found was going for $75. I just took a pic and ran. Caught the one lady with that Godzilla that was in a line of Shogun Warrior toys that my Brother and I used to salivate over when we were kids and had to take the one shot.

The only $15 figure I pulled the trigger on was that x23 figure that I had been interested in. The wife had fueled my interest in the high end stuff and I bought a sideshow neyo 1/6th figure. She had seen this Darkhorse Game of Thrones Denares Targarian bust that she wanted that was already priced right and I coupled it with the neyo to get the vendor to knock off another $10 I am already going to be in trouble as I have not opened the Neyo yet but can tell he is pretty awesome. "I have since put in my preorder for the Wolffe figure"

Here are the shots of the rest of my haul. All of the loose figures were 3 for $10 each including a figure stand and sometimes an extra weapon, the two curved cantina bar sections were $5, that bag of BAD parts was $5, the rots atrt with driver was $10, that comic pack with Hett and Dark woman was $20, the x23 was $15, the Army of Darkness pack was $10, and the bust and neyo was a 2 with a couple of zeroes behind it.

Jay, I didnt really see any clone wars figures. Kind of surprising. Were they at the vendor where I got those other loose figures, I would have grabbed a pile of em.

those last two shots show part of the line we waited in getting into the show. In those shots you can probably see about 1/4 of the total line length. Later in the day, the line got longer. Perhaps it was 20,000 people in the hall by the time we left. Multiply that times the daily $25 admission, cheaper for kids and a discounted two day rate was available.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:08:02 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 04:56:01 PM »
Great images Clint. Gonna add em to the gallery.

Wow, do I remember having one of those Godzillas. Good shot with the ST Crew too.

And my man takes his first Sideshow item. I knew when you got your hands on one the rest would slowly be accumulated. Welcome to Sideshow my friend.

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 05:39:31 PM »
I wish I could have gone this year but didn't have time off work it looked like it was a blast! sucks too is its only an hour and a half away from me  :-[

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12:41 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun! Great haul from there as well. I really wish there was something like this near me...