Author Topic: Kelcken's customs: Kao Cen Darach  (Read 23389 times)

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
Re: Kelcken's customs
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »
That Rain Squad medic is awesome...  I love the shield!!

0/
Nice work on this collection of Clones!

Time to get this back on the front page.
That's some nice looking weathering on the clones...........looks like they've been through the mixer,dio sets them off just right.
Well done

Thanks everyone!!

For my next project (once I get home) I'm hoping to start on an Odan-Urr! Jedi Librarian of the Old Republic, on the planet Ossus!

Can anyone recommend a good base to start from, or do you think I should just do a lot of sculpt work?

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2013, 06:21:21 AM »
Well, If you want that shirtless look, I'd say try a Resolute Storm Shadow.  Here is a link. http://www.yojoe.com/action/10/stormshadow38.shtml

As for the head, You may need to sculpt that.

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »
Well, If you want that shirtless look, I'd say try a Resolute Storm Shadow.  Here is a link. http://www.yojoe.com/action/10/stormshadow38.shtml

As for the head, You may need to sculpt that.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Any idea on how I can do the lightsaber? That's the part im definitely most unsure about.

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2013, 05:35:20 AM »
Yeah, those emitter guards are pretty sweet. Are you wanting the saber to light up, or just wanting to sculpt the hilt to look like the pic, or both?

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
Both would be great, Although I'm more focused on having it visually accurate!

I think Having it light up would be pretty sweet, especially since he has a tethered lightsaber.

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »
To get it to light up, start here. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/through-hole/filter/Color,White,136,4627:LED_Package,3mm,18,166
Get the really bright ones and make sure you get 3mm (T-1) size.
These all are 3volt LEDs, which means that they will run on two AA or AAA batteries. You can also use two 1.5volt watch batteries. Don't run to much power to your LEDs, or you will burn them up.

Then read this tutorial. http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52
It will give you a good introduction to LEDs if you need it.

This should get you started. It will be up to you, if you want to completely sculpt a new hilt, or modify one from your fodder bin. The first step, however, is getting the right LEDs.

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2013, 01:17:46 AM »
Hey all! It's been a while. Summer's been crazy, I've been all over the country! Home for school now though, so back to customizing!

After a particularly devastating firefight, Major Nick Rostu has opted for hired help: A deadly trio of mercenaries, outfitted in advanced armor and stealth equipment.

Captain Shas Y'Kluna- Assault and Demolition

Hanoi- Scout Sniper

(as an after thought, I wished that the helmet was removeable. Luckily, I had another Sora head lying around.)

Kriz Tahel- Cybertech

Master Windu also decided to assign two Jedi to the unit to make it more effective, as well as ensure Nick's safety.

Jedi Master Vaton Rish

Padawan Tesoro Oyio

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:19:50 AM by kelcken »

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
Re: Kelcken's customs: Rostu's Renegades update
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2013, 11:33:55 PM »
Been wanting to do a custom using the Cesi "Doc" Eirress figure for a while,  and I finally got my hands on one!

Bounty Hunter Telana Rios

Some detail shots

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:41:11 PM by kelcken »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Kelcken's customs: Telana Rios
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
Nice. I like it. Time to go share.

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
Re: Kelcken's customs: Telana Rios
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2013, 11:36:44 PM »
Nice. I like it. Time to go share.
Thanks for the FP!

Going to try and do at least three new customs a week, to help me improve! Second of the week is Jedi Knight Skazine Trexo! Pretty much just a repaint of a Prince Xizor!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:15:57 AM by kelcken »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Kelcken's customs: Skazine Trexo
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »
Very nice group of customs you have posted recently! I too love Doc from Rogue Squadron, great figure. It is great that you want to create more figures to increase your skill set. I have one thought to offer, don't set a goal of 3 figures a week. Wanting to achieve this could make you rush your art, that will in turn decrease the quality and enjoyment of your time. In fact going at a slower pace and applying your paint in multiple thin layers will increase the quality as well. There are several techniques you can learn or if you have questions feel free to ask. Every one here is willing to help others. By the way, what brand/type of paints do you use?

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
Very nice group of customs you have posted recently! I too love Doc from Rogue Squadron, great figure. It is great that you want to create more figures to increase your skill set. I have one thought to offer, don't set a goal of 3 figures a week. Wanting to achieve this could make you rush your art, that will in turn decrease the quality and enjoyment of your time. In fact going at a slower pace and applying your paint in multiple thin layers will increase the quality as well. There are several techniques you can learn or if you have questions feel free to ask. Every one here is willing to help others. By the way, what brand/type of paints do you use?
that's a good point on not setting a goal. I use various brands of acrylic paints, generally either Anita's or apple barrel colors

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
Recently read the KotOR comics, and I absolutely loved them, especially the characters. So I've decided to make some of them!

Dr. Demagol, Mandalorian Scientist

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Kelcken's customs: Dr. Demagol
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
Wow, really like that new Mando. Off to share. I so need to get my hands on those same comics.

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
Re: Kelcken's customs: Dr. Demagol
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2013, 01:43:02 AM »
Some new editions to my KotOR Era, a Mandalorian and Republic Soldier!

Relay- Mandalorian scout sniper

Lieutenant Kir Tye- Republic Soldier

(Not super happy with the helmet, and I've had some trouble with the yellow paint, it's not wanting to cover very well. Any ideas?)