Author Topic: Star Wars Customs by Glorbes (Li'l Black Series Yoda p. 5)  (Read 14924 times)

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
Re: Star Wars Customs by Glorbes (Older 6" SW Customs P. 2)
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »
You know what? I love them.. they're not film/TV/comic/etc accurate, but they have their own coolness too them, almost like life-size sculptures or something... I really love that Yoda.. kinda reminds me of Yogurt, lol..

I'd love to see some more, especially some Mandos or Bounty Hunters... I think the rag-tag armor look might go perfectly with your scratch built look.  Oh, and Han and Chewie are just killer.. and 3PO? I'd hit it...  :o

;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:18 PM »
only wonky because they are (I'm assuming) based on mcquarrie concept paintings.  Which when compared to the traditional finalized versions of the characters they do look wonky.

HOWEVER.

your figures are brilliant, they far surpass anything I've ever done.  They are pure genious.  the use of the 6inch scale allows for so much more details, and a more efficient use of soft goods.
your work is very similar to the customizer "sillof" who also does alot of work in the 6" scale, he mainly focuses on steampunk figures and other sci-fi figs.

anyway, I degress.  I love the mcquarrie concept figures the best.  I love the c-3p0 and r2 especially.  I like the chewbacha too, I actually have that marvel 12" figure... I've been thinking about using it to make a huge wampa figure... lol

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
yes, your work far surpasses spudafett(which I know, is not really a sought after accolade).  :)

I love this stuff, C3P0 is my favorite, but they are all brillant.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
Re: "Concept" Star Wars customs
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 09:05:42 PM »
Here's a selection of my older 6" scale Star Wars customs (some are a bit wonky).  Most are from '06, except for the second Yoda which is from '08.

Chewbacca
Han Solo
Quite simply two of the coolest, most unique Star Wars customs I have EVER seen.   I LOVE that they're fresh and your own artistic interpretations of the characters , I love how mythical and purely swashbuckling fantasy they both are.   Absolutely gorgeous work!   

^-^   wowwww

Yoda (Version 2) with McQuarrie 'Luke'
hmm, I'm not sure what it's like to fall for a 6" tall toy woman in all honesty but if I ever did, she would be the one.   Dude, that's amazing!

all of them are primo stellar works of art though, NOTHING wonky about any of your work, bro!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »
Great to see you over here G and teh newe Mando looks awesome, and great to see your older figures as well mate.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 05:36:57 AM »
Glad to see you dusted these off for us Glorbes. I love all of them as much as I did years ago when you made them. Simply brilliant!

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 12:57:01 AM »
DUDE! Holy Wow! I love them all but my faves are Han And Chew. Then There's that "Luke" ( Leia) Holy Cow Man !
Great looking figures, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 12:19:20 PM »
Man those customs are freaking awesome!!!

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
Sandtrooper 2008
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 08:12:02 PM »
your work is very similar to the customizer "sillof" who also does alot of work in the 6" scale, he mainly focuses on steampunk figures and other sci-fi figs.

Sillof and I have collaborated in the past on a series of Star Wars Customs:

http://www.toymania.com/customcorner/cc19/sw2.shtml

Vader, the Stormtrooper, and Fett are my contributions.  I'm actually working on a couple of projects with him at the moment. 

Anywho, here are a couple more customs:

SANDTROOPER

This stormtrooper was my first real attempt at making the full body armour from scratch.  The latches are all pretty chunky and obvious, and the articulation was really hindered, but the main attraction for me here is the accessories.  The trooper I posted previously was made after this one, and incorporated many of the lessons I learned from making this, and I think is overall a better figure.  The head sculpt on this one here also has some serious isues, but like I said, I figured I'd showcase this one for its details and as a point of interest to see how I've refined my finished products. 

WIP of Accessories

The completed rifle

This particular rifle from the film was a barely converted German machine gun that was used as a defensive weapon on board Luftwaffe planes (an MG-15 or something).  I love the double magazine, and I like the fact that it's different from the usual Stormtrooper equipment.

The completed backpack

This is actually pretty close to the film prop...I'm particularly pleased with how it turned out.

With his little brother

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking.

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
Artoo 2007
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 08:16:14 PM »
Artoo:

Made from a vending machine dome, a loctite super glue container, and some sheet styrene.  He's perfectly in scale with 6" figures (I've been working a threepio overhaul for a year now...I may just revisit both of them).

The legs are articulated at the shoulders and ankles, the middle leg  is retractable, and the head rotates.

Insides:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:28:54 PM by glorbes »

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
General Grievous WIP
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
Thought I'd share the build-up pictures from 2006 of my Greivous custom:

WIP

The final figure (after I reworked the armour using styrene)

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Star Wars Customs by Glorbes (Few More Oldies p. 3)
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
These are beautiful works of art, they belong in a museum! All of them! I just don't know what else to say...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2010, 08:58:52 PM »
Glorbes, I honestly think you are trying to melt my brain with all of this sculpted magic. You sir, are a truly talented builder on an entirely different level. I am so glad you decided to join us here.

For the life of me, I can't decide what pic from your latest posting should go on the front page. They all look so cool.
That Sandtrooper gun is quite over the top, though. I may be leaning towards the Grievous but I'm not sure.

That first shot of Grievous' build up reminds me of the 4 armed martians from the John Carter Warlord of Mars series of books.

That other page you directed us to was full of glorious figures as well. Now, those were all yours or yours and sillof's together?

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »
My jaw hurts....cause it just hit the desk.

That Grievous is amazing.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »
HOLY SHIT!! BROTHER THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOST CREATIVE THINGS IVE EVER SEEN ARE YOU AN ARTIST BY TRADE? If not you should be.