Author Topic: The Force Is Strong With Him!  (Read 51920 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Re: The Force Is Strong With Him!
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2011, 12:21:10 PM »
Just confirmed an order with Amazon for Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto and Cad Bane figures. They should be with you in a couple of days, though there might be a brief delay because of the different/international shipping address, my bank may want to call me up first to confirm it was me who placed the order. That's what they sometimes do when the shipping/billing addresses are different.

Either way, shouldn't be long!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »
She is quite welcome, maybe we can relieve a little bit of their worry (fat chance I know) by all the good wishes that I hope she knows we are sending her way.

I also added him to my church prayer list this morning. Not all the details, but the fact that there is a little boy who need prayers.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »
Thanks Kualan! Looking forward to receiving them! My bank is the same way. Very touchy security protocols.

All these efforts and donations and acts of kindness help to ease the fears and worries a bit I am sure. Thanks for doing that today Tamer. It's really amazing what we can accomplish through the power of people :) I know that if I were in his mother's shoes or even his shoes, I'd contact you guys first for help :)

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
From the information you gave me it sounded like he might like a shiny red paint ap. I used to work for a cuy that had a '76 corvette hat was red and chromed out so this is kind of reminding me of it/him. haha So I really wanted a gleaming paint job on this baby so I painted it chrome in 2 aps eack side. Did a very lite wet sand with 1000 grit paper then laid on 4 very thin coats of red. I have also started doing some detail work but still have more to do. I really can't bring myself to weather the body and wings as to mee it looks so hot! What do you guys think? Should I just make the chrome areas a bit more chrome/new looking?

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2011, 08:47:44 PM »
I think with a little bit of detailing in the cockpit and on the chassis itself it'll look perfect. Maybe some control handles and buttons in the cockpit? I think the exposed engines look perfect and that as much as I love weathering I think it looks great. Annie is after all a mechanic and so he'd find the best parts available or repairable. So I imagine Eli would too. I think Eli will absolutely love it!

"For the Empire!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2011, 03:22:41 AM »
Looks great to me L.E.

Eli ought to love that!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2011, 06:36:27 AM »
A small report:

The R2-KT figure that I put up for auction is already up to $41 dollars. Way to go Yarders!

I also recieved a very nice reply from Eli's mom who is allowing me to share this about Eli's condition

"you're welcome to put in that he has been diagnosed with a very rare and life threatening disease called Fanconi Anemia. There is one reliable website we refer people to for info which is www.fanconi.org. He begins chemo next week and will receive a bone marrow transplant on April 21."

God Bless this family as they go through this. Yarders I will say this, you are making me very, very, very proud of you this week. I am so glad I am associated with you through this hobby.  

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2011, 07:26:54 AM »
Well I went in and tried to edit the existing listing to include the information Eli's mom allowed me to share and inadvertently reloaded the same information two times over. Please ignore the redundnat information folks as that was not my intent.

Ebay does not allow an edit of the existing description only additions. I tried to call them and get them to remove the extra info. but needless to say got nowhere. I so wish there was another online auction site that had as much traffic and better customer support.

Oh well, it still doesn't change the cause that this is for so please once again accept my apologies for all the extra info in the listing.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »
That's ok Tamer! Thanks for the info anyway. I think you guys (and our other supporters) make me smile/speechless on a daily basis :) I was just happy when the very first box arrived and I included the first two figures I donated to Eli with it and sent it off to him. And now look at us! Way to Go!

So today I received Wookielover1138's generous donation of Space Suit Ahsoka (awesome figure! Eli will love it!), got Clonesniper's Custom Republic Commando Trooper for Eli (Unwrapped it to sneak a gander. It looks amazing!), received a shipment from Allen aka Ars30 (tons of figures and battle packs, really generous! Thanks!), a shipment from Yakface.com's own Webmaster Jayson (tons of carded figures! Eli will love these!), and a shipment from someone who calls themself Mak (maybe from here? or Yakface? Anyway he/she sent tons of carded titanium series vehicles!) Amazing work and incredible generosity here folks! Thank you! Eli will love each and every donation! Whether it's a single loose figure or a whole treasure trove of goodies, Eli will love them simply because his friends and supporters in the Star Wars community donated them.

Keep up the good work guys! You make me proud to have started this effort and insanely proud to be a collector!

"For the Empire!"

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2011, 04:31:17 PM »
This is your/our hard work paying off!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/photo.php?fbid=194175093953765&set=a.187242464647028.37448.187226984648576&theater

Thank you for your incredible support! Eli looks like a kid in a castle--a castle of awesome Star Wars loot!

"For the Empire!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2011, 04:35:04 PM »
Sweet! We ain't done yet!

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
One thing I have learned in life is that nothing beats making a child happy!!

I'm glad to be a part of the collecting world with all of you!!!

I am honored to be called part of the Yards!!!

Thanks
Rich

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »
Aw, that's an awesome sight to see. Good job everyone!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
Absolutely DarkNSour! Thanks for your awesome donation!

Yes as Tamer has said we certainly aren't done yet! Eli has a very long difficult road ahead of him and needs all the support he can get!

If you can't get the Facebook page to load check the photo out here:

http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/2011/04/thank-you-you-are-strong-in-force.html

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:14:24 PM by ActionFigEmpire »

"For the Empire!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2011, 04:59:08 PM »
I am trying to bring up photobucket to get an img code folks.