Imperial Surplus Sales > Online and Retail Stores

Gamestop

(1/3) > >>

Clonehead:
(Rant below)
I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a thread created about this place yet. They have been leaning more toward carrying pop culture collectibles and action figures in the store and on their site for several years and have been spitting out some interesting Star Wars video game Themed black series figures for years. This year, the have been offering a simple assortment, a wave of vc figures and a wave of retro figures to hit soon.

I’m guessing each store may get a case each if they order them.

I had visited the Raytown Mo store a couple of times in the last week and had brought home these two figures. The VC Mando has some card wear and is probably why it was still there.

Rant time

The real reason I was visiting this particular store was because I had pre ordered and pre paid for some Cara Dune figures that should have been in by now.
A different store that I had made the same pre order for the same figures from had called me last week to tell me they had arrived. No such call came from this GameStop 149205 Raytown Gregory square store .

So when I went in last Friday and the girl working claimed they had arrived but were not there anymore. She even acted like they had put em on the shelf to be sold.  No manager that day, a note was left and the Manager was Supposed to call me with instructions on how to proceed.
No call
I went in today and the person working said he was from another store as this stores staff wasn’t there??
  He penned an email to cooperate to ask how to procede.
No cara dune, not one for 100 miles says a worker at another store who looked over the phone for me.

I got to wondering that if it was normal store procedure to call a customer to report of their preorders arrival when it got there that there was a chance that the person who was supposed to call me may have been the one that took my 2 vintage collection Cara Dune figures home.

That was the first set coming from that store. A retro Cara Dune set of two figures was also preordered from this store. They are due to arrive this month, anytime possibly.

What do you think, Shawn?
The first girl said I was the only one who had ordered that figure.

I might hold off on the GameStop preorders for the time being.

Remember how the pinball machine preorders went?

Tamer:
Yeah, I almost started a Gamestop thread awhile back after I had a similar experience at my local Gamestop store. I had pre-ordered a figure and it supposedly never came in. I got a refund, but like you figure an employee or a manager took the figure for themselves. They also have a horrible habit of putting huge sticky price tags on the vintage stuff so I have pretty much sworn off them. I am glad the one your ordered through actually gave em to you (the Cara Dune figures).

My local store went out of business (I wonder why)!

Clonehead:
Update:
I went back today to see if there was any progress and got a note on the door. No one present during working hours I guess.
The whole staff quit and took my Cara Dune figures with them and now, GameStop  can’t replace the stores staff or my figures. What a world

Darth More:
Now that sounds like a hard pill to swallow. Read some comments today about Walmart employees doing the same: taking home rare and exclusive items for themselves just to sell them off on eBay. Yikes! My condolences for that GameStop.
I'm sorry you have to witness stuff like this.

Tamer:
Wow, those are some tools Clint. Such a load of rubbish! Sorry bud.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version