Author Topic: Walmart  (Read 39014 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Walmart
« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2021, 05:39:30 AM »
I am trying to decide if I have the patience as an old fart to try and figure this all out and deal with the maintenance of one of these things.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2021, 06:06:49 AM »
Collector Event starts in about an hour:

https://www.walmart.com/cp/collectibles/5967908

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2021, 09:48:16 AM »
Well I had one in my cart for about two seconds and when I tried to check out they were sold out. They also released these not all at once so I didn't even have a chance to to get the other two six inch figures. I don't know why these didn't hit their site all at once? I guess maybe they wanted you to keep checking back.

I will wait to see em in stores anyhow. I am pretty sure the six inch figures will just be the realistic style releases we already have, but just in the CW Anime style packaging. Kind of like they did with the Target Fathers Day special.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2021, 02:00:44 PM »
Look at this tamer

I happened across this Black Friday style cardboard action alley display in a local Walmart today.
   In one side, there were carded carbonized TVC Mandalorian figures for a less than respectable price. I went and had one scanned to make sure that price was marked correctly.
  Around $6 higher than the TVC carded price back in the toy section.
Highway robbery, for the holidays.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2021, 05:23:35 PM »
Yeah those crazy carbonized figures. Not only do they look dumb, they charge more for them.

I preordered 2 orders of 3 of the stormtrooper with E-web deluxe pack. Hopefully I'll get at least one order.
The Maldo Kries mando with spiders still isn't up yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2021, 03:59:06 AM »
Yeah, the ole carbonized silver foil cards. They got me a few years ago when they did this, not so much now. If I see one maybe, but doubt I will get it at those inflated prices. Feeling the same way about the black series deluxe figures now.

The vintage deluxe packs did go up for pre-order yesterday. I think the Ahsoka sold out almost instantly and the spider pack wasn't working. Wal-mart online has some issues.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2021, 04:18:56 AM »
While we're all still waiting for the first HasLab Razor Crests to be delivered, Zavvi run a dedicated promotion to all geeks and fans out there. Living in Europe I had to buy the Crest from Zavvi.
Since the first two orders I got from them were delivered in awful condition, I haven't bought from their site since.
But I think it's extremely interesting to note that the brand new Walmart exclusives are also available to pre-order on Zavvi here in Europe. Thanks Hasbro!!

Here's the link to the English version (UK):

https://www.zavvi.com/brands/hasbro/star-wars.list?settingsSaved=Y&shippingcountry=GB&switchcurrency=GBP&countrySelected=Y

« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 04:49:13 AM by Darth More »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2021, 04:55:45 AM »
The cardboard display did have that logo on it but I seen no sign of those deluxe figure sets.
  I didn’t know that the carbonized figures sold at a higher price point.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2021, 08:11:24 AM »
Maldo Kries mando is up. Says arriving Dec. 10.how can that be?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:09:56 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2021, 11:51:57 AM »
Love that Giphy, JD! I talked to a friend tonight after I had sent him the link to Zavvi. And he did not pre-order these deluxe figures mainly because he's just tired of pre-ordering. And he usually buys everything TVC at least twice. We're both waiting for the Crest to arrive. Hopefully in good condition!
He's waiting for pre-orders with a volume of about 1,500€ and is therefore tired of just throwing more and more money into the fire without getting any product.
Hasbro need to stop relying on advanced payment when they let their customers wait for up to 2 years!

Oh, and remember these days?

$7.99 MRSP back in 2010:

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2021, 02:56:44 PM »
    I don't buy EVERYTHING TVC, but I make up for it in army builders. I skip most repacks. Gladly skip the carbonized.
. I just have 3 cases from EE. Stormtrooper and Rebel army builders from Pulse. Walmart I have a few of the TCW figures, 6 of the stormtrooper deluxe, and the mando spiders.  Of course the razorcrest, i think that's all the outstanding orders I have.

I might be in the minority, but I think the new tvc figures are amazing. I gladly pay $14 for them. Every figure is like 20+ poa, hidden joints, great face paint, they just lack accessories. I don't mind paying $20 for a deluxe figure  i didn't get the deluxe ahsoka because I already have 2 in the wave 7 case, didn't want a 3rd, but the accessories are pretty cool. Btw the new stormtrooper has rocker ankles, that in my mind makes it the perfect Stormtrooper figure. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 05:45:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2021, 03:33:02 AM »
If you can believe it, I was able to order all these sets  yesterday minus the Ahsoka Set.

Now, to deal with how Wal-Mart will ship these. I think my order said these were coming the 10th as well. I think their site has some issues.

I think sometimes they also cancel pre-orders. Oh well, feels weird to actually have gotten the pre-order in. I put it on our FB Page when the Kries set went up, but by the time I got here it was already sold out.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2021, 09:00:54 PM »
Maldo kries is back up, saying shipping Jan.20. Mine said today, but obviously it didn't ship. I don't know when they're supposed to actually ship. Typical Walmart fumblings, they don't care.
Ahsoka is still sold out, but the rest are still available.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #269 on: December 11, 2021, 05:43:35 AM »
Hey thanks for the word on that. I need to go to the front pages to let folks know.