11 (42.3%)
The Red ARC trooper
3 (11.5%)
The Blue ARC trooper
2 (7.7%)
The Yellow ARC trooper
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Vintage Collection 2011  (Read 20039 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vintage Collection 2011
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »
I had heard rumblings of things like this. Looks like a pretty easy collecting year for an TESB guy like myself. I will need some time to build my funds back after this year!

I would love to see a vehicle list too. I am really interested to see what the next big vehicle will be.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »
I had heard rumblings of things like this. Looks like a pretty easy collecting year for an TESB guy like myself. I will need some time to build my funds back after this year!

I would love to see a vehicle list too. I am really interested to see what the next big vehicle will be.

You only collect ESB characters?  Here's to hoping that Bespin Han is everything he should be.  I know I am.

I believe another site's Q&A might have revealed the next big vehicle is Clone Wars related.  Take this info with a grain of salt though.  I may have my sources confused--i.e. more speculation or rumor than fact on someone else's part. 

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
Yeah, that's an interesting avenue of speculation, Tamer!  What vehicle, indeed.  We got our ESB goodies this year, with the AT-AT, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, and TIE Bomber.  They just dropped a Slave I through the CW line, so I'd be willing to bet a repaint/repackaged Slave I *could* be it, if the CW vehicle was a new mold.  But if we accept the idea of Hasbro wanting to move on from ESB after the anniversary year and NOT wanting to tread on ROTJ's 30th too soon, What else is out there?

EpI - Could a new Naboo Starfighter (N1, I think?) be in the works?  What about a Trade Fed transport (MTT, I think?)?

EpII - *ARE* there any EpII vehicles that haven't been done yet?

EPIII - um, I haven't watched it yet, so I have no suggestions.

TCW - as above.  They've recycled a number of older vehicles into TCW packaging - AT-AP, Fighter Tank, AAT - and dropped a few doozies on us - swamp-speeder, droid bomber, (did the droid gunship release yet?) and the radio-controlled Hailfire droid.  Is there a Jedi General figure who doesn't have their own exclusive Jedi Starfighter yet?  If so, this could be their year!   ::)  But we're looking at the Vintage line, so I'd leave TCW speculations out of this.  (assuming of course that the next big vehicle is a Legacy and not a TCW-specific selection)

SW - We're about due for a new "Luke's Landspeeder," I think.  I can't think of anything else, as we've had a nice Y-wing and X-wing and the BMF; Vader's TIExI is out on local shelves as a repack/rerelease.  *Maybe* we could see a rerelease of one of the standard TIEs?

ESB - nothing new from this, see above

ROTJ - again, with ROTJx30 coming up in 2 years, I doubt we'll see anything from this movie until 2013.

So... that's my take on the playing field.  Other thoughts, anyone?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 07:34:27 PM »
Doc, I think you hit the nail on the head as far as new vehicle offerings. I would bet that perhaps we will see a new Slave I in TESB color scheme if this first one does good. I just hope when they do it, they don't pack in some useless vehicle and figures and slap a one hundred dollar or more price tag on it.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 08:05:12 PM »
*IF* they repack TCW Slave I (but as they have wrapped up the Year of ESB, it would surprise me), I'd bet they pack-in the Mandalorian Speeder mini-rig.

I'd like a non-exclusive re-release of the Crumb Bomber larty mold, myself.

Or a Rebel Transport.

:o :o

;D

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010, 06:31:33 AM »
rebel blockade runner ! yipeeee i've been waiting too long for this !

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 08:17:17 AM »
Hm.  That's a possibility.  I put it rather lower than a Slave I repack, as they already had an electronic Blockade Runner a few years back.  Granted, I don't believe it was a figure-sized playset or had figure-sized features.  That would be a good candidate, for sure!  Do a Blockade Runner like the Queen's starship.

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »
no doc ... i mean the rebel troopers from anh they're making a new one

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
OH!  Yeah, an updated Rebel Fleet Trooper would be great!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 09:41:43 AM »
I have heard rumblings of a new fleet trooper which surprises me a bit as they released a pretty good battlepack with a pretty good mix of these a few years back.

As far as new vehicle releases I would assume the Slave I would probably be easiest (bascially just a repaint) and would probably meet the ROTJ criteria as far as being movie related with the anniversary. We might get some type of ROTJ pack in though. My gut tells me this is the first one we will probably see.

We have asked repeatedly for a new rebel troop transport, but they keep saying its low on the priority list (why I don't know), but Pat sure did ask hasbro a good question related to it, but check out the Hasbro Q and A to see about that.

As far as the Blockade Runner I do believe we will need another anniversary of some sort to see it. I am once again just guessing, but if we do get a new large vehicle I do think it will probably be a ROTJ offering and there has been a need for an updated Jabba's Sail Barge for some time and that would be pretty cool.  I am also thinking there are a few bps they could relate to this too (Sarlaac Pit) so cross your fingers.

Now if I could snap my fingers I would love to see some type of new Star Destroyer type playset, but don't ever use the playset word with Hasbro or they won't even look at it.

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
I have heard rumblings of a new fleet trooper which surprises me a bit as they released a pretty good battlepack with a pretty good mix of these a few years back.

tamer that battlepack only had two of the blockade troopers and they were potj versions , you know ? the ones with weird knee articulation

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
Re: Wave 5 --January of 2011
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
if your an ewok fan i'd buy loads of those wickets i.e diff paintjob diff scarf/turban one without scarf/turban with pouch ( so many ideas )

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »

tamer that battlepack only had two of the blockade troopers and they were potj versions , you know ? the ones with weird knee articulation

Yeah, check out the latest issue of Toyfare.  They've got pictures of the upcoming rebel fleet troopers.  They look great. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2010, 06:07:07 PM »
I only subsribe to SW Insider (good article on some customs this time out too), but perhaps I may try to subscribe to this.

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 07:06:26 AM »

Yeah, check out the latest issue of Toyfare.  They've got pictures of the upcoming rebel fleet troopers.  They look great. 

DO YOU HAVE APIC??