Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135595 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: spudafett: p52: Ahsoka and Bo-Katan
« Reply #780 on: December 14, 2020, 06:57:00 PM »
Excellent work buddy.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #781 on: December 14, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »
Simply fantastic job on these figures. They turned out really well, you should be proud. I agree with Tamer on Ahsoka's helmet.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #782 on: December 15, 2020, 06:35:05 PM »
These look great!

Especially love Ahsoka’s armor!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #783 on: February 15, 2021, 05:58:52 PM »
Sith Lord Jar Jar, the mastermind behind everything...

The only figure at walmart was Jar Jar... I knew if I got one this would be what I made with it.  The majority of the figure is just the stock Jar-Jar with a few bits cut from his ears. I repainted with "clear red" in order to keep the skin patterns on the arms.  I cut up and repurposed the spear into his lightsaber.  The added armor bits are the belly armor off a first order jump trooper and bits cut off the legs of a solo range trooper.  Shoulder pads from a scout trooper. The cloak was cut from a pair of dress slacks I can't fit in anymore due to covid lockdown weight gain. lol

See more on my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/spudafettcustoms
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:00:26 PM by spudafett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: spudafett: p53: The Great Sith Mastermind
« Reply #784 on: February 16, 2021, 03:30:14 AM »
Huh, now a lot of stuff they did in the new movies makes sense. At least a bit. LOL. Good one.

Off to the front pages.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #785 on: February 16, 2021, 06:01:02 AM »
Huh, now a lot of stuff they did in the new movies makes sense. At least a bit. LOL. Good one.

Off to the front pages.

I love the fan theory that he is a "drunken master" style mastermind.  If anyone doesn't know it: It all stems from obi-wans quote; "In my experience there's no such thing as luck." And Jar-Jar is either extremely lucky, fumbling into success, or he is secretly the puppet master.  There's so much evidence for it and Lucas even hinted at it in interviews, but everyone hated jar jar so much he re-wrote him for the rest of the prequels.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #786 on: February 16, 2021, 06:35:34 PM »
My evil lord jar jar...
Great mix of parts buddy, I would have to scroll back to check, I would imagine you have already tackled a Mando Jar Jar?

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #787 on: February 19, 2021, 12:20:32 AM »
May I just say...BRILLIANT! :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #788 on: April 27, 2021, 05:54:00 PM »
My evil lord jar jar...
Great mix of parts buddy, I would have to scroll back to check, I would imagine you have already tackled a Mando Jar Jar?

I haven't... but mainly only because I can't figure out how to do the helmet!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #789 on: April 28, 2021, 03:59:16 AM »
I can see the back part but not the front yet. With his long snout, it would be an odd looking bucket.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #790 on: June 06, 2021, 05:41:49 PM »
I've been really liking Bad Batch so far and I had to go ahead and get the Hunter and crosshair figures in the black series line (I've got tech and wrecker on pre-order)... but I realized that Hunter is essentially a republic commando body (duh, they are special clone commando force!) and I've had it in my brain to do a 6" scale republic commando ever since getting the hunter figure. So, I got lucky and found a second one at Gamestop and started getting to work.

I have gained access to a resin 3d printer that my fiance's brother left at her house and I've been slowly learning how to use it.  So I figured I'd try 3d printing a Republic Commando helmet for this project.  I found a suitable file from thingiverse and scaled it down to 1:12 scale and gave it a go.  It came out just a hair smaller than I'd have liked... But I used up the last bit of resin I had for this so it'll have to do (DOH!). 

I decided to go with the clone commando Gregor since he was actually made cannon in the clone wars and I loved his armor and the tally marks on his helmet... I had to fudge the digital camouflage and do the best I could with a brush, but I think it works.  For reference, here is the concept art from his episode:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/c__/images/e/ef/Gregorconceptart.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20180102225404&path-prefix=clone

So here it is: Republic Commando Gregor in 6in scale

As always, more pics are on my facebook page! Go check it out.
https://www.facebook.com/spudafettcustoms

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 05:43:37 PM by spudafett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: spudafett: p53: Clone Commando Gregor 6in scale
« Reply #791 on: June 07, 2021, 03:37:37 AM »
Nice, very nice. How hard was it to figure out the printer?

I am seriously considering getting one. Folks are just making amazing things with them. I think the hobby is seriously leaning that way.

Your Gregor looks great to me. Off to share on the front pages.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #792 on: June 07, 2021, 11:55:26 AM »
Nice, very nice. How hard was it to figure out the printer?

I am seriously considering getting one. Folks are just making amazing things with them. I think the hobby is seriously leaning that way.

Your Gregor looks great to me. Off to share on the front pages.

It took some trial and error.  The instructions that came with it were absolutely useless.  I had to watch a few tutorials online before I could even get it set up.  It also didn't come with much resin, and the build plate/area is very small.  It'll be perfect for doing small projects like this though and the UV resin has much better definition and resolution than the filament printers I've seen.  It takes a while to print still though.

This one was around 500 layers and I set it up and let it run over-night.  It averages about 2 layers per minute...

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #793 on: June 07, 2021, 09:35:33 PM »
Nice! The helmet doesn't look too small in the pictures, I think it turned out well. I gotta say that your handpainted attempt at camo turned out pretty awesome. The whole project looks outstanding. 

My son uses a resin printer for 28mm and 32mm, he's pretty good at scaling already (only been at it about three months). We have yet to tackle anything in the 1:18 or 1:12 scale, but maybe this summer. The whole process seems a little daunting to me, but he is mastering it pretty quickly (he did a lot...I mean A LOT...of research before he ever even bought a printer - dozens of hours on Youtube tutorials and talking to some of the independent mini producers). We are both pretty excited about creating our own stl files, so we'll see how that goes.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #794 on: June 08, 2021, 05:54:03 AM »
I noticed this one didn't leave the print lines I was used to seeing. I would definitely prefer one without the lines even if it takes longer and has a smaller print area I think.

And I agree, I don't think this looks too small at all.

You think you will tackle Delta Squad? That would be killer. I would think you could do the same exact thing except for their backpacks. Big investment though.