Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135630 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: spudafett: p51: Cobb Vanth (mando spoilers!)
« Reply #765 on: November 05, 2020, 09:37:48 PM »
That Boba is 1:1 accurate. Good freaking job!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #766 on: November 05, 2020, 09:46:15 PM »
Excellent work mate.

Ron

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #767 on: November 06, 2020, 12:01:23 AM »
Awesome! Love the removeable armor!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #768 on: November 08, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »
These are magnificent. I think the weathering on Boba's armor looks great (not too much). I like the way you thought through the missing armor pieces and added them to "Tusken Fett." Brilliant job on these.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #769 on: November 09, 2020, 03:31:55 AM »
Wow, I got so excited about Cobb I missed Ahsoka and your Boba. Man, that Boba is great. That Ahsoka is going to be good too.

Off to the front pages.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #770 on: November 11, 2020, 03:52:59 AM »
I agree with previous comments. And I'm absolutely amazed and most impressed by the speed some collectors like you out there create the latest characters in action figure form. Excellent work on all the materials, parts and most of all: the paintjob! I'm blown away!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #771 on: November 11, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
I agree with previous comments. And I'm absolutely amazed and most impressed by the speed some collectors like you out there create the latest characters in action figure form. Excellent work on all the materials, parts and most of all: the paintjob! I'm blown away!

A lot of it is just having the right parts and being able to put them together. The paint scheme needs some work, and I'm actually going to re-paint the pants and jetpack.  I also ordered a 3d printed/casted Cobb Vanth head sculpt to finish the figure out completely... 

What is more frustrating is wanting to see a character in figure form and not having the parts necessary to do it.  I'm going to get access to a resin 3d printer soon so I'm hoping that will help re-invigorate the hobby for me by opening up new avenues!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #772 on: November 14, 2020, 02:06:17 AM »
Your Cobb Vanth is a masterpiece. Can't wait to see it with the 3d printed head.
I can't even imagine what kind of epic figures we'll see in the future after you got your own 3d printer.
Excellent work as always.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #773 on: November 29, 2020, 02:16:44 PM »
I got a fresh container of apoxie sculpt so that I could finally work on some projects I've had in mind.

Here's some work in progress shots while the clay hardens...

Might be a few days before I get a chance to finish these...

Also,  I got engaged recently! She asked me, surprised me with a ring and everything.  She beat me to the punch as I had plans to propose within the year once I had the money to afford the supplies I needed to make the perfect ring (as a customizer/maker I felt that it would mean more that way). 

Unfortunately, money is tight due to covid related job issues on her side of things... and now that we are thinking about moving in together I'm giving thought to scaling down my action figure collections and custom supplies.   I have a TON of old 1:18 scale fodder that I'm planning on getting rid of as a way to scale down.  I've almost exclusively switched to collecting the 6inch line so this is stuff that's only taking up space...

I'll be working on bagging up like items and putting together "lots" and making them available through my facebook page first, then move any items that aren't called for onto e-bay.

So, stay tuned for more info on that.  I'll also make a post in the "parts bin" forum when the time comes.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
Re: spudafett: p52: WIP Ahsoka and Bo-Katan
« Reply #774 on: November 29, 2020, 09:57:54 PM »
Looking good!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #775 on: November 30, 2020, 03:58:52 AM »
Very nice and congrats on your engagement. That was a pretty cool way it was done.

Off to the front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #776 on: December 01, 2020, 12:35:39 PM »
Looks like a good start! Can't wait to see more. Also,

Definitely interested in that sweet, sweet 1:18 fodder.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #777 on: December 02, 2020, 09:16:39 PM »
Well...Congratulations on your engagement. I like the look of the new projects. Curious about the 1:18 fodder - always looking for new stuff.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #778 on: December 13, 2020, 07:40:19 PM »
Thanks all!  I listed stuff on ebay and then the week got away from me and forgot to post things here.  I kept some choice pieces that I'm looking through and may make available here, not sure...  Good news is that I got enough to cover the cost of the supplies to make the ring and now I'm neck deep in learning a new skill! 

But, before diving into that project I got these ladies finished up:

First up is Ahsoka in mando armor.  This is the walmart exclusive Ahsokla with sculpted armor and gauntlets from two sources.  The right hand gauntlet is the removable armor jango fett 1:18th scale figure, and the left gauntlet is a REALLY old 1:18 5poa boba fett.  I can't even remember which one... 

I then sculpted and filled in where I needed to.  The helmet is a resin cast of a 6in jango's removable helmet that has been slightly stretched then cut to fit over Ahsoka's head.  I cut holes in the top for her head tail tops to poke through and then sculpted over them and let it harden. 

Next up is Bo Katan.  She is primarilly a 6inch scale Sabine Wren with the armor removed and then resculpted.  Her gauntlets are a combination of pieces sliced off of resin copies of the bandai Boba Fett's Gauntlets and then finished out with sculpting.  The knee pads are also resin casts of the bandai fett's. 

I haven't finished her helmet yet, but that as well as getting decals of her Night Owl emblem is on the to-do list.

Of course I don't have a headsculpt that matches Katie Sackhoff, but this Scarlett Johansen Black Widow sculpt looks pretty good with a quick haircut and sculpted headband.  I went for a more clone-wars era look anyway.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: spudafett: p52: Ahsoka and Bo-Katan
« Reply #779 on: December 14, 2020, 05:41:03 AM »
These look great. I really like that Ahsoka. That Mando bucket you made for her is noice!

Going to the front pages with these.