Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135596 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs
« Reply #360 on: February 26, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »
clint, it's not copper, although it does have a coppery tint in the photos.  It's not a mix either.   I first painted all the armor with silver then covered that silver with a coat of clear red.  Gives it a nice shiny and metalic look to it.

thanks for the props, I'm looking forward to finishing both visla and bo-katan... but it'll probably be a week or so before I get time again to customize.

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
the iron widow is just great man.. Nice idea and im sure Tony enjoyed putting that suit together..  :P

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »
clint, it's not copper, although it does have a coppery tint in the photos.  It's not a mix either.   I first painted all the armor with silver then covered that silver with a coat of clear red.  Gives it a nice shiny and metalic look to it.

thanks for the props, I'm looking forward to finishing both visla and bo-katan... but it'll probably be a week or so before I get time again to customize.
ahh, I used to use the clear red on chrome model car parts to give it that anodized look. very nice! Oh man, you mean we have to wait to see more??
On the front page, buddy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:42:09 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2013, 03:56:29 AM »
I agree with Clint, I think your Iron Widow is a knockout and a comic should be made. Interesting progress on your new Mando too.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2013, 04:56:59 AM »
Stunning Iron Widow. I'm in agreement with other comments and am surprised marvel hasn't done something like this. Also I'm loving the progress on the mandos.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2013, 07:21:27 AM »
Wow that Iron Widow is off the charts !! I too think that would be an excellent crossover.  I also like how the mandos are turning out. great job

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
Nice Bo Katan, can't wait to see more of her! And I really like the Black Widow, the paint scheme on her is pretty sweet!

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2013, 05:51:02 AM »
Black widow looks nice! Cannot wait to see the mandos done!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:31 AM »
Iron Widow= a work of art. I need to make one! What paints did you use?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #369 on: March 01, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »
Iron Widow= a work of art. I need to make one! What paints did you use?

i used testers acrylic paints.  as to the colors, flatt black, gloss black, silver and clear red.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »
Work in progress on vizla. 

I got some of the mandalorian armor pieces that clonehead have been making and they will come in really handy on vizla here.  As you can see I've decided to super articulate him with joe pieces.  I'm happier with this since he is supposed to be pretty skinny/ spindly legged.  These parts look a lot better.

I used some of clonehead's shin pieces for vizla.  I have the rest of the armor from the jango style armor set clint did, but I will probably only use the cod-piece for vizla as his thigh armors are different than jangos.  I believe I'll wind up sculpting those.... 

I also got some of the female armor:

not sure how I'll use those yet... but believe me I'm formulating some ideas!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2013, 03:59:08 AM »
Looks good. On the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Pre Vizla is looking good but that Iron Widow is a knockout! Nice job Devin!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #373 on: March 05, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »
So I got a good question in my message box here today about the iron widow that I felt was better answered for everyone to see as it's a really good question:

I was curious... the thighs look like baroness'...how did you get the iron man legs attached?  Do the iron man legs unscrew from the figure..like they do with Joes...then just easly connect (like swapping joe legs) with the baroness ' thighs?

That's a great question... one I hope I'll be able to explain the process about.

The joe thighs and iron man thighs are very different.  We all know and love the fact that joe legs come apart into two halves with the simple removal of a screw!  That's so great for customizing!  But the iron man thighs are different, they are the soft plastic with peg/swivel joints in the hips instead of true ball and sockets.

So how did I attach the gi-joe thighs to the iron man lower legs?  The great thing is that both style figures have very similar knee joints.  The double jointed knees connect the thigh to the calve and use a peg to hold them together at the pivot points.

now, in joes the top pivot point in the double knee is inside the thigh, and when you take the thigh apart the peg is built into the sculpt of the thigh...   The calve joint for the knee is in the soft rubbery plastic and is a peg.   

In contrast the iron man figures have a peg at both the top and bottom of the double knee that has to be removed so you can dissasemble the leg.

What I did to splice the two together is very simple.  You want to keep the knee joint for the gi-joe thigh that you want to use because it is specially made to fit the peg sculpted into the thigh piece.  So remove the peg from the lower point of the double knee and get rid of the calve and feet on the joe leg you want to use.   Then, take the iron man calve that you want to use, remove the peg from the lower double knee joint (keeping the peg handy!!!!!), remove the calve of the iron man figure, and then using the iron man figure's peg, simply put the gi-joe knee joint into the iron man calve's socket and hold it together by pressing the peg back into place.  Voila, spliced together legs with gi-joe thighs and iron man calves!

you can find this similar process in other figure's I've done using iron man and gi-joe parts spliced together at the knee joint.  You can also utilize this process to make almost endless possibilities with GI-joe figures by switching the lower legs!

In almost every case the knee joint itself MUST stay paired with the gi-joe thigh it is attached to... sometimes you can modify them by trimming with an exacto knife or dremel...  usually though, the calves can be swapped as long as the knee joint stays attached to the thigh it was originally on...  but there are exceptions, you just have to test fit things to see if they'll work!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
update on pre-vizsla's armor and sculpting....

also started an interesting project:

I thought the spare lambda shuttle cockpit I had laying around looked a lot like the cockpit of the missile boat from star wars: Tie Fighter (and also x-wing).  So... I started a scratch build.  Unfortunately I'm not happy with the direction I took it and will be ripping it apart and starting fresh again later... 

But, before I do that I plan on finishing viszla and bo-katan.