Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135653 times)

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
Re: Spuda's customs
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2013, 08:44:28 PM »
Tony and Spidey look super awesome! I've been doing a bit of Marvel myself lately, and I'd have to say, I wish I had that Tony Stark head cast. Great paint work and very cool magnet mods. keep 'em comin'!!!!

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20:26 AM »
Plain clothes Tony Stark turned out great.
If you gave the Tony Stark head sculpt you used, a hair cut, it would almost look like you. Sort of !!!! LOL

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments.  Yeah, I've been getting more into the other 1:18 scale lines like marvel and joes here lately... and less into star wars.  I really loved the iron man and avengers movies, and Iron Man is an awesome concept and yeilds so many awesome customizing opportunities that it's hard for me to stray away from thinking about what to do next regarding a new armor...

I also recently purchased the helmetless war machine based on IM2 with Rhodey's head sculpt on e-bay.  The iron man ones were just too expensive to get one and thus the reason for grabbing the second hand cast, but I got lucky with war machine.  I'll post pictures of them together eventually...

Thanks again guys.  It'll probably be a few weeks before I get anything else worked on.  I've started taking classes on top of a full time job so time is tight...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2013, 07:34:08 PM »
need yall's opinion...

I really would like to do a pre-vizsla and bo-katan set of customs based on the most recent episodes...  but I only have one complete TCW pre-viszla.  I would do like others have done and sculpt onto the TCW mandalorian figure to make bo-katan but I just don't feel like it'll be feminine enough....

So I threw some preliminary wip's together...

On the left was a combo of jango waist and legs with boba torso and arms that I thought might resemble Viszla... but I really hate not having ball hips so I think If I go with doing a realistic style viszla I will go ahead and give him the joe hip super articulation treatment...

As for vizsla I think I might piece him out to give parts to the WIP of bo-katan there on the right.  She needs arms.  I will use viszla's shoulders, a set of gauntlets from a cad bane figure, and then viszla's hands for her.  I'll probably sand down the scarlett torso and sculpt her armor over it from scratch...  As for her helmet... I am hopeful I can modify the one you see in the image to match hers, but if not, then I might try sculpting it too...

that is of course if my sculpy is still good... :/

anyways, so what do yall think?  should I risk ruining all these parts and go for it and hope my sculpting puddy is still good....  or should I just simply re-paint the viszla and build his new helmet and jet-pack and be done with it?    Do you think the scarlett body will look good as Bo-Katan or should I aproach it differently?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:38:50 PM by spudafett »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2013, 08:08:23 PM »
GO FOR IT! I love where your'e going! KEEP DOING IT!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
Yeah, devin, I do like where you are headed with the scarlett figure. Is that a cw mando helm on her shoulders?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2013, 06:04:29 AM »
Devin, it looks like you want realistic styled figures rather than CW style. So I would go with the Boba parts mix on the left for Vizsla. Then use Scarlet with CW Visla arms for Bo. You should be all set.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
Devin, it looks like you want realistic styled figures rather than CW style. So I would go with the Boba parts mix on the left for Vizsla. Then use Scarlet with CW Visla arms for Bo. You should be all set.

yeah that's where I was leaning too.  I hate the spindly look of the clone wars mando figures.  It makes them all look like teenagers! 

I think I'm going to scrap the lower half of boba (the jango legs) and go with a super articulated joe style in my normal fashion... that way this viszla will be able to stand up next to my other super articulated mando figures.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2013, 08:05:41 PM »
some progress, if you're not keeping up with me on facebook...

Good news is that my apoxie sculpt isn't bad... the last figure I used it on (abe lincoln vampire hunter) never set up correctly and remained soft.  I made sure to use slightly more of the hardening compound this time and it set up rock hard!  yeah!  after re-evaluating the initial work on the helmet I decided to add some sculpting to what I took off and re-sculpt the "eyes" of the visor as well as the cheek details and added some unique bo-katan helmet details to the back of the helmet.  These little odd shaped back details are something I noticed while looking at screen captures and reference photos. 

IF I get a buddy of mine whom i'm assisting with some casting work to agree to it I might use some of his molding supplies to do a quick mold of this helmet to better facilitate making a durable copy of this for the resulting figure... and a slight possibility for using it for trades.... that's a huge maybe though!  I might not be able to get use of his silicone and I can't afford any of my own right now.

for now, because I might be casting this piece, I'm not adding the range finder.  It will cast better without it.  But other than that detail i think it's pretty much finished!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #339 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:41 PM »
Devin,I love it! Buddy, your sculpting looks great so far. Which sculpting compound are you using?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #340 on: February 01, 2013, 04:34:51 AM »
Great project so far. On the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2013, 07:10:02 AM »
Looking good Devin! If you want some really accurate pics of this helmet check out the build at the Dented Helmet. The guy posted his screen shots and you could get the eye area truly accurate after seeing his pics. Can't wait for the next update!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »
Awesome, cant wait to see more.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2013, 10:51:41 AM »
Clonehead; thanks.  Im using Aves apoxie sculpt.  Its s great product, ive had the same 1lb set for almost 2 years now though, i obviously dont do a lot of sculpting!

Luke; i did come across the dented helmet build thread.  I used those reference photos for most of the details.  Im fairly happy with the helmet as it is now so i think i wont risk messing it up with any more modifications!

Thanks everyone else who commented.  Im probably going to wirk a little more on it this sunday so check back for more updates, and as always likd me on FB for more updates!  I usually pist everything there before picking what to post here. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »
with leftover parts of viszla and an old clone wars obi-wan I threw this together based on the previews for tomorrow's episode of TCW

also went ahead and painted bo-katan's helmet.  I didn't feel like sculpting any tonight, but I went ahead and added the range finder and decided to see how it'd look painted.  I can see after adding the paint that my sculpting wasn't as crisp as I'd liked, but oh well.