Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135609 times)

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
Re: SA Jango Fett (page 12)
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
Awesome remake spudd love the Joe star wars customs dontja know!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2012, 11:28:12 AM »
It's already on the front page (thanks tamer!) but here is a link to my shorter tutorial video on the jango fett figure.

I didn't go into the entire process... for 2 reasons.  1: this was a commission and it would defeat the purpose of me doing the figure if I just showed everyone how to do it... and 2: there was a lot more involved in puting the final figures together and I didn't want another 6 part video.

here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/v/10100100165419874

Offline Dstar1616

• Cadet
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
Hey guys I'm new to the yards but I'm the guy that ask Devin to make me a SA Jango Fett. I just got him in the mail today and I have to say he's pretty sweet!
If any one out there is looking to get a custom figure Devin is the guy to see. On top of being really easy to deal with he makes a great custom for a very fair price.
Thanks alot Spud!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2012, 12:25:25 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to the yards but I'm the guy that ask Devin to make me a SA Jango Fett. I just got him in the mail today and I have to say he's pretty sweet!
If any one out there is looking to get a custom figure Devin is the guy to see. On top of being really easy to deal with he makes a great custom for a very fair price.
Thanks alot Spud!

Thanks Dstar, I'm glad you like him!  I'd love to read your in depth thoughts about the figure!  And of course, thank you so much for the kind comments!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2012, 02:53:15 AM »
Nice work and tutorial (As always!) Devin!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Downsizing
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2012, 01:57:26 AM »
First of all, I'm not leaving the Yards, or the hobby....  but here's the deal.

I've been offered (and accepted) a position to return to Wyoming and work for the National Park Service again this coming summer.  I will leave late april and be gone for 5 months.

Last summer I wasn't able to take my customizing supplies with me.   And, here lately I haven't had time to customize at home with juggling work and my time spent with my girlfriend.  So I have the feeling that I won't be making many customs this year...  I just haven't the time, and I've frankly just ran out of steam.

I still love the hobby though, and don't plan on quitting completely!   I'm sure I'll have the notion to start a project every now and then... (especially with the new GI-Joe movie figures being released this year)...

But... here's the real dilemma.  My finances are tight, super tight.  I will be gaining a great deal of experience this summer in a job I know I love to do... and I hope that experience will lead to a career...  But I won't be making a lot of money.   I need some funds in the bank to get me started this summer.

I'm currently making enough to make ends meet, but a little extra would go a long way...  Travel costs to get me back out there, plus various other expenses will make it hairy for me.  I'll be living by the skin of my teeth I'm afraid.  And, Unfortunately, there's the chance that after the 5 months are up, that I'll be unemployed for an unknown amount of time! (Let's hope not).

and remember the girl friend I mentioned?  She's not super excited about me leaving for 5 months... so I'm really wanting to get her something nice before I leave... maybe even a diamond ring... and that's where selling my customs comes into play more than anything.  I'd like to take what I have invested in a hobby I've loved, and give back to a new love that I hope will last me a lifetime (I know... super cheesey...)... and I hope will forgive me for leaving her for such a long time! 

SO... LONG STORY SHORT:

I will be selling a good number of my customs and offering deals for commissioned pieces for the next 3 months before I leave.   I will start a thread in the star wars sales section, here:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7600.0

within that thread will be more information regarding what I will have available... details such as cost and tradeworthy items will be outlined here.

Thanks for your help guys...
(sorry for posting this here... but since this is a catch all update I wasn't sure where to put it)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Re: leaving, selling, downsizing (page 13)
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2012, 04:16:42 AM »
sorry to hear that you won't be able to keep doing the customs for awhile spudds,we know it's a true passion of yours,but sometimes other things take precedence over the love of a hobby,like family,work,and other duties.I'm sure if we could,we'd all love to keep doing this for a living.i myself find it hard to keep at it with the cost of everything being so high.I've said it before,but you are a pioneer in this field,and have shown us all how our customs can be superarticulated.good luck,hope to see your work here again soon.may the force be with you.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:39:38 PM by JediMindtrix »

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2012, 05:33:43 AM »
hmmm, this is sad news but on the other hand also exciting good ones. I am very happy for you to get a chance to do work you love and I wish you all the very best. I fully understand that you have to do what you just have to and its good and right you do so, despite all the bad circumstances around.
Good luck, my friend, till next time :)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2012, 07:35:37 AM »
Devon,  I know that you will do well in your ventures and can see that any passions that you possess will drive you towards the goal of happiness.
"did I mention that I was to remarry this spring?"

As a custom builder, yours has been a large influence to all of us. Don't forget about us and don't be a stranger.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »
Glad to hear you are not leaving, but focusing. I have gone there myself and made some collecting changes due to life's priorities. Lets see if a front page posting can help sell some of these.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »
Well we hope to see you commenting in the forums when you can and good luck with your future endeavors. We have to keep our priorities straight and it looks like you are on the right track. I know you won't be able to stop yourself from customizing again, it is in your blood. Your desire to make things better and fit your own purpose and personal whims will come back around. Take care buddy and don't be a stranger. You have some great items for sale and the prices are very affordable.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2012, 03:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the support guys.  I love the hobby, but lately my creativity with it has fizzled... I sit down at my desk and stare blankly at all the works in progress that I have and don't ever wind up finishing them...

I guess I've been running on empty lately.  I've not had much spare time, and the spare time I do get I am sleeping!...  I try to spend as much time with my girl friend as I can on the weekends, which doesn't leave me any time for customizing.

But, that being said...  I am up for doing a few commissions if anyone is interested.  My main problem at the moment is that I just don't have any ideas that are sparking my creativity... If anyone has some good ideas they'd like to see me work on... I'd love to hear them! 
And of course, if anyone is interested in any of my finished already completed figures let me know... check out my thread in the sales section for specific info.  I'm not really trying to make a lot of money on these, just get back some of the money I have sunk into them, so I am trying to make the prices as low and fair as possible!!!

Again, thanks for the support.  I'll be lurking.  And hopefully a few more customs will be finished before may! 

Tamer, thanks for the FP mention of the items for sale.  I appreciate it. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2012, 11:03:08 PM »
Great news guys... I've been pouring over my finances... and finally got my tax information settled and sent off.  Looks like I'm actually going to be well in the black, even with the traveling I'll be doing this summer for the job.

So, I'm not in as bad shape as I once thought.

I still don't have any time for customs though :(  I spent this entire weekend with my girl friend... and work during the week takes up all my other time.  I am going to try to finish a few more projects before the end of april though.

A few projects I want to accomplish:

Finish the concept boba fett helmet (check out the props and costumes section)

Finish a Gungan bounty hunter custom.

Super-articulate the new aura sing figure (picked up this week)

re-paint and re-build a destroyer droid into the "sniper droideka" seen in a relatively recent episode of TCW

Finish a commisioned super articulated kashyyyk trooper

Customize and super articulate a darth maul figure (maybe)

Customize and re-paint a darth maul sith speeder to be more movie accurate.

Other WIP customs that seem to never reach completion....

and finally list a few items on e-bay...  Which, I am still considering selling the figures I listed in the star wars for sales section!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2012, 06:25:04 AM »
Sounds like a great plan to me. I have been enjoying your helmet build. You are one crafty fella Devin.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2012, 12:35:59 AM »
thanks tamer.  I have really enjoyed the helmet build.  I feel like every now and then my creativity just hits a wall and I have to shift gears and start a different project...  that could mean I get out my oil paints... or start a carving... or start on a project like the helmet.  now that I'm almost done with it I'm getting the itch to get back into my figures...

Does anyone else get that problem??