Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135628 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Shadow Scout tutorial videos (page 10)
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2012, 07:56:05 AM »
All right, finally got the videos uploaded and figured out.

Super articulating a Shadow Scout:

Part 1:
embed code:
<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/985232713964" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/985232713964" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

direct link:
http://www.facebook.com/v/985232713964

part 2:
embed code:
<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/985033288614" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/985033288614" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

direct link:
http://www.facebook.com/v/985033288614

and the final product:

let me know what you guys think, and if you are liking the videos.   I have a few more figures that I think I might showcase in tutorials, but If no one is really getting much out of them I'll quit filming...

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
Great work but I have to sound off being an old school 80s cartoon freak like I am...Love that Old Snake!!! You have done the character justice in plastic - Excellent!!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »
Looks awesome Devin! I am thinking Luke and Han in Hoth gear could benefit from this treatment. I bet they would look better sitting on those Tauntan's!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2012, 07:19:21 PM »
Looks awesome Devin! I am thinking Luke and Han in Hoth gear could benefit from this treatment. I bet they would look better sitting on those Tauntan's!

I wouldn't have any idea where to start with those since I've never seen the figures.  They might work well.  I don't know how their mid torso joint works though, this process is very dificult if they only have a swivel waist... and even then if the figure has a swivel waist the chest half has to be the soft flexible "rubber plastic" for the process to even be feasible.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »
Another awesome tutorial spuds.that is a cool looking biker scout.Hasbro needs to pick up on having their biker scouts super articulated,and hopefully if we see one for TVC they will add in that feature.keep up the great work.

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »
Great Tutorial. The shadow scout turned out very nice.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
Great scout!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2012, 12:53:38 AM »
I have re-visited my romantically apocalyptic "snippy" figure with an entirely new figure as the base, a new coat and hood, and a custom clear cast resin head...

I utilized the unique properties of the clear cast resin and drilled a hole in the back of the head, inserted an LED, hid the wires under the hood and got a cool light up goggles effect.

The new figure also has "pose able" goggle covers to reflect his various "moods"

with the light:

without the light:

:|

:(

>:(

what do you guys think?   Cheap gimick or cool effect?   I don't really like the wires showing, but I don't really know how to hide them at this point and still retain the posability of the figure.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Light up Snippy (page 11)
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:15 AM »
Spud you are crazy! Leave it to you to figure out how to put a led in a figures head! I think it looks really cool with the goggles lit! Bravo!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »
Devin, that is one of the coolest things I have seen in awhile. Leave it to you to figure out how to LED anything. Bravo. On the front page.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2012, 08:06:14 AM »
Awesome!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
Watched the tutorial of the SA Shadow Scout. Awesome source of information, Devin, very well done. I have this Speeder Bike Patrol project on the backburner for a long time now and this will definitely kick it back in gear soon!

Gotta ask, though, are you sure it's the 25th. Iron Grenadier torso you used? I always look up source figures at yojoe.com, which has the most awesome figure database, as you probably know. I see the 25th. IG body is the same as the Cobra Commander (Battle Armour), but it seems your torso is different.... Just a detail, I think and I could be wrong, of course. But basically, I'll need a "soft goods" lower torso to go with the armoured upper body of a Biker/Shadow Scout, right?

But again, thanks for taking the time to make these excellent vids  ;D

And er... those pesky harnesses become very pliable when emersed in hot water for a minute ;)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:02:17 PM by Incom »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
Watched the tutorial of the SA Shadow Scout. Awesome source of information, Devin, very well done. I have this Speeder Bike Patrol project on the backburner for a long time now and this will definitely kick it back in gear soon!

Gotta ask, though, are you sure it's the 25th. Iron Grenadier torso you used? I always look up source figures at yojoe.com, which has the most awesome figure database, as you probably know. I see the 25th. IG body is the same as the Cobra Commander (Battle Armour), but it seems your torso is different.... Just a detail, I think and I could be wrong, of course. But basically, I'll need a "soft goods" lower torso to go with the armoured upper body of a Biker/Shadow Scout, right?

But again, thanks for taking the time to make these excellent vids  ;D

And er... those pesky harnesses become very pliable when emersed in hot water for a minute ;)

these are the figures I've used in the past that work well with the scout trooper upper torso:

(your right incom, it's destro as the Iron Grenadier leader... my bad)
25th aniversary "Destro Iron Grenadier Leader"
http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/destro16.shtml

25th Destro:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/destro19a.shtml

or one that I used heavily in the past,
the Resolute Cobra Trooper:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/cobratrooper16.shtml   (which has a blue or red variant)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
Thanks, Devin! The reason I often use YoJoe, is because parts of highly popular (= expensive) figures are often used in other less popular figures. I wish more action figure lines were categorized like that (www.tfu.info is a great one if you're into Transformers, by the way).

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
Thanks, Devin! The reason I often use YoJoe, is because parts of highly popular (= expensive) figures are often used in other less popular figures. I wish more action figure lines were categorized like that (www.tfu.info is a great one if you're into Transformers, by the way).

rebelscum is ok for stuff you KNOW your looking for... but it's dificult to find things sometimes.

I just wish more toy lines re-used parts and had the "swapability"  (interchangability?) that joes do.