Imperial Creative Engineering > Dioramas

Don's Outpost 423

<< < (2/45) > >>

Tamer:
Great stuff. So gotta go share that link!

Don:
Last you saw of these pieces I had covered them in black. That's a sealing layer of Mod Podge mixed with some black paint. Next I sprayed on a primer color (mostly to get the 1st door color started), followed by the base building color.
I also built this throne thing for my custom Hutt. Gave it a base layer color, and some darker slop sprayed over it. This thing is going to get some heavy dirty wash and weathering.

This continues to be a HUGE learning curve for me building this shit, and using the airbrush. Speaking of which; my next project is a spray booth for the airbrush. The backyard just isn't working.

Here's with the black Mod Podge layer.

Here's the base building color.

Here's the throne thing.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm loving this thing, but with some HEAVY washes and weathering maybe it'll be cool...

Don:
Oh, if you're thinking about trying something similar; that door is a 3d print that I got from Ebay seller relivingthepastagain.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-CUSTOM-STAR-WARS-DOOR-for-DIORAMA-for-3-75-inch-figures-TATOOINE-Mos-Eisley/184176367310?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Don:
And a built a doorframe for this door from Diorama Outfitters. I hate the current (primer) color I used on the frame, but with some dark wash it'll look cool (or it'll get repainted). With this doorframe I'll be able to place this door anywhere on the big dio shelf without it being permanently fixed to one spot. Very fuckin' cool.

If you're interested I got this door from Ebay seller Dioramaoutfitters.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Award-Winning-Custom-Cast-Mandalorian-Doorway-Diorama-Free-Shipping/223973521346?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Don:
What some modular pieces might look like on the big shelf dio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version