Author Topic: down for the count..  (Read 12276 times)

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
Re: down for the count..
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »
I read through your whole situation and some of that I can understand.  For example, you said your computer screen is broken.  We used to keep ours in a case on top of the fridge and one day my dad went to get it down the case was open and it fell out and broke the screen.  Besides that, as it goes for you back condition I too have experienced pain before.  Being only 13, I've already had one surgery in my life and they claim I might need another.  But, I always get through well in the end.  I hope you get better, too.  Good luck.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 02:48:08 AM »
to add insult to it all I got a $30 parking ticket at school yesterday.... I hadn't bought an updated pass and I guess they noticed my old one was expired.  I guess that one's my own fault realy.... 

well I'm down to my last darvacet so if the doctor doesn't prescribe me any more I'm going to be having even more crappy days the rest of this week!  I won't be able to push myself to get to classes if I'm not on pain killers.

at least the customs do rock... however I havn't been able to paint cuz the medication is making me shake worse than I usually do! lol

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 04:32:25 AM »
Sorry bout the ticket, spud. When I was in college, I used to draw up bootleg passes for peoples cars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 06:13:11 AM »
Well I hope today goes better.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 07:38:35 AM »
know how ya feel spud ive got a slight curvature of the spine and sciatica(hurts like hell) and due to a m/cycle accident it excacerbated it and i lost 30% of the lateral movement in my legs so i hear you on the back problem mate as for your other issues i can relate (i think everyone can at some point) its like for a period the gods instead of smiling on you ,have decided to s*it on you at every oppotunity ..yep definatley bin there dude ...well chin up mate keep a stiff upper lip and you'll get thru it .... :)

all the best

jay

R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 08:09:58 AM »
lol It's more like a stiff left leg and a limp...

eh I've been focusing alot on all the bad right now cuz it's easier to feel sorry for myself right now.  You know how it is I'm sure. 

I always joked at work that the lowly worker at the bottom was called the "pee-on" for a reason, and they realy should call us the "sh*t-ons".... 

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »
we have a saying "somedays your the pigeon ..somedays your the statue..."
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 05:18:46 PM »
sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield.. either way your screwed.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 07:44:06 PM »
Keep flying mate and chin up. IT WILL GET BETTER! ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
well the weekend's been relatively ok.  I got alot of customizing done staying up all night last night....  I couldn't sleep for all the pain and had to keep myself ocupied.  I'm out of pain killers and I think I might have been experiencing some withdrawl semptoms today from not taking any saturday.  I've been freezing and yet sweating bullets as well as had a slight twinge of a headache all day.  I've taken tylonol PM's but they don't do anything for me right now and they usually nock me out.  Hopefully I will be able to talk to my doc tomorrow and get more pain killers.  I doubt I'll be able to go to school without them.

gah... school!  So I've been working on a project for 3 semesters now as a directed study credit and have saved everything to my flash drive so that if something like what has happened to me happened i'd have back ups...  so I have almost everything together and all I have left is to flesh out the paper (probably will wind up being a 10 page paper with graphs, charts, and photos pluss references....) and everything for the paper was on my drive.  I plugged it into dawn's new computer and started working on it the other night and halfway through my corrections a screen pops up and says something like "microsoft office cannot read from this file, please check network connections or replace floppy disk" it gives you an ok box and I click it and then it says "this program needs to shut down, all data will be saved." you click ok and it shuts down.  BUT HERE is the kicker.... I go and try to reopen my files and they won't open... the damn program corrupted the files...

I think the problem lies in how my drive was formatted.  It's an old cruzer sandisk u3 4gig drive.  I believe it was formated in FAT style and not the newer style of formating that newer vista programs require.... 

anyone know how I might be able to retrieve my data?  do you think if I put it on a computer at school that still runs xp I might be able to get it off?

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »
Sorry to hear about all that, spud! Maybe you can get someone to take notes for you and talk to your teachers about not being able to do the tests or whatever right away, I'm sure they'd understand... hope you get it all figured out and that your back gets better soon!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 12:23:53 AM »
I've got several people taking notes for me.  I'm lucky in that I've only got the three classes to worry about that's for sure. 

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 07:53:47 AM »
Dude, I'd be plugging that drive into every computer I could find...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 09:00:49 AM »
I will ask my wife about that usb drive. She might know a trick as I had that happen once and she went through some big rigamaroll to get stuff off for me. I still threw the drive away afterward though. It is something about it changes the format of the drive to only audio or video files, but I will ask her.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 02:09:08 PM »
well i got the data off the drive.  Wound up I was able to open the file into wordpad but not office word.  Wound up there was an immage in the file that corrupted and then screwed it up in word.  I was able then to create a new word file by coppying the text and pasting it into a new file.  I think what happened is that it was just too much data in one file.  I'm going to save the photos in a different file and print the whole thing off in seperate parts...

well I went up to the doctor to get my prescription for the darvecets refilled and get a form for a handicap parking sticker at school filled out by the doc.... I did all this at the time the place opened, at 9.  I went back up there at noon and tried to get the stuff and they said no one had gotten to it yet... dawn went back up there at 6 and they told her that I would have to get another appointment and have the doctor see me before they refilled my prescrip.  and then they said that they hadn't gotten the form filled out....

then they call me and leave a message on my phone that I'll have to make an apointment to get the form filled out to.... wtf!?  WHY couldn't they tell me all that crap when I went there the first time!?!?!  gah... it's times like this i'd rather be in pain that dealing with the doctor.