Author Topic: windows 7 and video editing  (Read 777 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
windows 7 and video editing
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:16:11 PM »
anyone else tried it yet?

my new laptop came with it on it... so far I don't like it any better than the other windows systems, honestly though, it's not worse by any means...

I am a little frustrated that it didn't come with some of the standard windows programming...  I have had to basically download and install all the programs that I wanted on here...

but the thing that is bugging me most is that it didn't come with windows movie maker.  It's what I'd grown used to in making all my youtube videos...  I tried downloading the coppy of WMM that microsoft's website recomended for W7 and it worked up until I tried to export the movie... then it locked up! gah....

anyone know a good NON MICROSOFT free video editing program that is easy to learn?

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
Re: windows 7 and video editing
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:37:35 PM »
No.

Did you make sure the software was for the version of windows you were running?

I've heard of a lot of 64 bit systems not running 32 bit stuff correctly.

What made me sad about windows 7, they took the photo editing thing out of the gallery and you have to download it separate, lol, so I feel ya on the included software.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
Re: windows 7 and video editing
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 12:41:45 PM »
Yep Microsoft removed WM Maker from Windows 7.  I don'tknow, but I assume it's to sell it separately as a different package.

If you want a very robust see if you can pick up an older version of Adobe Premiere or use NERO Suite.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com