Author Topic: Holiday Plans?  (Read 2242 times)

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
Holiday Plans?
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:54:56 AM »
It might be a bit early, but I was wondering waht you guys are doing for the Holidays?

For myself, nothing much is planned as of yet.  We might invite some friends over, have a Christmas Dinner here, but that would be up to my parents.  I will update as more becomes available.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Holiday Plans?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »
For me since I can't get out of Christmas like I did for Thanksgiving, I will be going to my Dad's Christmas eve, then we will have Christmas diner with my Mom at my brothers house, he is the only one with kids so it will be a nice tradition of the family gatherings for them to grow up with., Christmas night will be spent with Sue's family and then it's relaxing until I go back to work after the New Years.  On New Years Eve, Sue and I may go out or just sit home, that part is still undecided.

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »
Ti's the season to be merry!

divorce is a pain in my ass. LOL. I go to my mothers the night before for dinner, ( Santa comes early there for my 2 boys ) Sit there and listen to my sister ( me, me,me and look at what my kids are doing) and her 3 little ones, which I love to death. Next day(my favorite part) my wife and I wake early to my 2 little boys SCREAMING  Santa's been here!
Open presents and eat cinnamon rolls (tradition) I love watching them open their presents, that's my favorite gift is watching them. especially when its something they really wanted. (star wars toys, yea, LOL) Then its off to my dads house where I have two half brothers and another half sisterand of course my  sister (me,me,me and my kids, LOL)
Love my dad, he's just not much of a kid person (to bad for him, he's missing out) My step mom plays favorites to her kids, trys not to but she does. Guess when my 2 bros. and sis have kids. mine will be on the out. There to busy being into them self's right now. Love them all, but a pain in my ass. LOL

Almost give anything to be back in California with my wife's family.
she has 5 sisters, crazy bitches when they are together. could almost say I love them more than my own family, LOL

SORRY  for being so wordy,   it was  kinda like therapy.   LOL,   LOL, LOL

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 01:58:38 PM »
May I ask what your guys favorite Christmas memory and/or favorite part of Chrismas is.

For me, I remember that every single time for Christmas, I would wake up earlier than anyone else, and then when I walked past my mom's room at our old house, I would try and tip-toe down the steps, trying to look into the living room at all the presents.  I remember going down and seeing what presents were mind and trying to figure out what they were.  That was my favorite part when I was young.  Now I like seeing when others open up there presents and you can see the pure joy on their face as they gaze at what they've wanted.  Truly miraculous.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »
When I was little, I remember every year I was determined to stay up late, hide behind the Christmas tree and catch Santa Claus, I would fill my little lunch box with cookies and my Thermos with hot chocolate,  every year I would be denied in catching Santa as I was forced to go to bed or I would fall asleep early in the living room.  I also remember that my Mom would always bake a ton of cookies, and sweets. She would always make a big deal for us ( my 2 brothers and I ) to decorate the cookies with colored frosting,  that and we always help her decorate the house, It seemed like we had a ton of decorations.  I don't recall helping Dad outside outside with lights but we had a big old farm house and that was a heck of a height to string lights.

All in all most of the memories I have around the holidays as a young kid were great. If you could only go back, if even for a day.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
Me and my wife are having a Traditional Family Christmas.........

Well if you consider Ralphies Christmas Dinner traditional, yup we are going for a Chinese, lol.

However we have done up the house nicely with Snowmen, Gingerbread Men and a Pink Neon Tree, we are going to go and see the Christmas Parade at the Virginia Beach this weekend, and they have carolers who I have to admit if you haven't heard carols, then you ain't got Christmas.

As far as other stuff is concerned I don't know until it usually happens, I just go along for the ride usually.

As for my best memories for Christmas was getting new Pyjamas and watching all of the Brit Sitcoms Christmas Specials (Seeing I am originally from England).  Then Christmas Morning watching all the Cartoon Specials until Dinner Time then going upto me Grannies to celebrate Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:28:20 PM by Cimter »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 04:28:32 PM »
Well, let's see here.  This year, I don't have to work on Christmas day, so I'm trying to convice my wife to just be here at home.  We do Christmas with my family on the weekend before Christmas, due to all of our conflicting work schedules.  Then on Christmas Eve, the wife will go to mass at her church.  I'm not Catholic, and do not care for her priests' and church's views on those who aren't Catholic, so I am staying home. Apparently, we're supposed to go to some party that night, though that's when we usually do Christmas with my wife and I.  Christmas Day, she's wanting to get up and go to her parents' house, and then back to ours to have any family over who wishes to come. 

Sounds like a lot more work than I'm interested in!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
I am loving this thread too. CC Buy I laughed good at some of your description. I have a sister in law like that who is coming up week after xmas so I will deal with some of that too.

Lets see, this year Christmas eve will involve going to pick up my mom and bringing her over to stay the night. She will have spent all day making snacky type food and prepping the Xmas dinner meal. God bless her that gal can cook. Once we get her settled in we will probably watch a special or sit and share xmas stories. Mylittle gal adores that. She would rather sit and listen to family stories than anything. Then, it will be off the an evening church service that I would like to get out of, but my wife is choir director, so I deal with it and try to not to be a downer. I too just prefer the stay home all day thing. Then, it  will be home to eat the snacks my mom has prepared an then my wife reads the Xmas story. Then, grandma (my mom) tries to convince everybody to open presents as she is worse than any kid I have ever seen.

Then, the next day we get up and rip and tear and I will have my daggone multi-tool handy to put together all of the stuff the family has forgetten to tell me to put together. Then I make some good ole sausage biscuits and gravy breakfast while Grandma preps the turkey. Then, we clean up and get ready for Xmas dinner which involves my brother and his girlfriend, my mother and father in law, and the grandparents in law. We eat a big dinner and then my family will go home (my brother takes my mom home) and then we do gifts with the inlaws. Then, they go home and we just relax. I like the end of that day too.

The rest of the week will see me filling up the freezer with deer meat and then doing a dinner with presents for my sister in law and her husband and two kids.  I try not to stay long at that.

I have a couple best memories and will share those later. Good thread USD.

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »
Its true. Right Tamer!  You have to laugh at it thou.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.     LOL

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 04:33:22 PM »

sit and share xmas stories. Mylittle gal adores that. She would rather sit and listen to family stories than anything.

Good thread USD.

Thank y0u very much, Shawn.  I, like you daughter, enjoy listening to stories.  One of my favorites would probably be one that my uncle Sam tells (yes, his name is Uncle Sam, like the American Icon).  This story should properly be titled, "Super Steve", Steve being my dad.  Anyway, when my dad was little, he thought it'd be a cool to go outside and climb the side of his house, trying to be like Superman.   So he starts climbing and about 3/4 of the way up, his mom comes out and starts crying because she thinks he's going to fall.  When he starts climbing down, he falls, but isn't hurt.  From then on, my uncle refers to him as Super Steve when reminiscing the story.

Offline Clone_General_1977

• Commander
  • "We're Airborne, We're Meant To Be Surrounded"
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »
I am going to the UK with my family the week before Christmas to see an old army bud of mine.

Offline RedLeaderOne (00fire501)

• Star Wars YouTuber
  • Commander
  • I Love Talking Star Wars
    • Star Wars RedLeaderOne YouTube
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 02:52:31 AM »
 Christmas day  just going be with family. Lunch will be with my family and tea will be with my wife family. But I will be on call for the fire service so I hope its quite day.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 05:29:10 AM »
Xmas morning with the In laws then Lunch with my parents and sisters and families.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 09:16:27 AM »
I would love to spend one Christmas with family, however mine are in England and Teresa's we are at best civil to, at worst just can't stand.

Hence the Ralphie Christmas we do.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »
Wish you were closer Cimter, I would see if you could stand my in laws! ::)