Author Topic: Special Turkey Day Plans?  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Special Turkey Day Plans?
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:19:03 PM »
  Me I have the opportunity to stay home on Thanksgiving while Sue heads to her sisters for diner, so I will be watching the Packer game and the other special football matchups,  I got some special Brew wand treats in the fridge.  I know it's supposed to be about spending time with family but I am really looking forward to a "me"day. I will get the Christmas lights hung if the weather cooperates, and the dog and I will then loaf around the house.

Anyone have some special plans,

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Special Turkey Day Plans?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »
Well, despite my many protests, apparently we're doing what I hate: Traveling to 2 different homes for Thanksgiving.  We're going to my parents' for an early lunch, but then we have to go to my In-Laws so my wife and her mom can plan their Black Friday battle plans.  Personally, after my parents', I just wanna come home and watch football and be fat.

As for Christmas lights, I did what I HATE to do...I put them up today.  The weather is nice, and it's supposed to be crappy on Friday, so I put up the garland and lights.  I'll do the balls on the big tree later though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:47:43 PM »
As for Turkey day, I am cooking the bird and green bean casserole while the wifey works and after she gets home, we will have a little dinner to ourselves and watch the Packers game. We had thankgsgiving at my mom's house, last Saturday as they are going to be out of town this thursday.

Got my lights up and troubleshot, yesterday. There are a few more outside decorations to go and we will put up the tree on Friday probably.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:36:02 AM »
Having two kids and 6 stops is a logistical nightmare that I'm against.  So...we are both traveling to my parents for lunch, after which the boy and I will remain so he can take his nap, while the wife will take the girl and visit her family.  We are watching ST Blu-ray at my mom's since we always watch something after thanksgiving and sleep, lol.

Later in the day, gotta meet up at the wife's grandparents house, bleh!  After that, gotta get to bed early so I can go to black friday and start fights...errr, find the deals.

Packers fans, eh?  Didn't the packers just play the '49s?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:58:22 AM »
They did indeed play the 49ers on Sunday so its a short week for them, but a good turkey day for us Packer fans.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »
For Thanksgiving I'm heading to my Grandparents house (Dads side of the family). Before that though I'll probably visit my Nana (Mom's side). She's technically my other Grandma too but I've been calling her Nana since I was young. I'll probably be the only one visiting her cause my Dad doesn't get along with her, so I try to be the good one lol.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »
Nothing out of the ordinary, as my fmily gets together in large numbers a couple of times a week already.  (part of the advantage to most of us living within 1/4-mile of each other and most of us going to the same church - dinner "up the hill" on Sunday and Wednesday nights!)  But specifically for Thanksgiving, we're getting together across the road in dad's shop, being transformed from truck restoration to dining hall for supper on Thursday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »
It is neat to read about everyone's plans. Mine is pretty usual. I woke up this morning and went hunting, let a little buck live a little longer and came back to get the house semi ready for everyone to come over to eat. My brother has to work night shift this year so won't be coming, but everyone else is due here at about 1pm. My mom is doing most of the cooking and my wife will be making green bean caserole. My only duty will be to carve the bird.  I started something new this year by doing a little "gourd smashing" and will follow up with a few pictures. The ole ATAT smasher was commandeered by a monk though.  After dinner my father in law will try to talk me into going back up to his hunting camp, but I am gonna opt out so I can watch some games. We even have a forecast of some snow tonight so I will be glad to see a few flakes even though it seems a bit warm now. I like the sound of Wayne's day. Pat I lived the two meals a holiday routine and couldn't stand it either.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 09:20:56 AM »
That all sounds great.
We are just going to stay home and enjoy the turkey induced COMA that is sure to follow every Thanksgiving feast.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
I'm just going to my uncle's house for thanksgiving.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! 

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »
thanksgiving is a bit of an alien concept to us brits   
but i wish all our american cousins a happy thanksgiving !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 03:58:58 PM »
Well, m'friends, I'm about to walk away from the puter and head across to dad's place for the "feeding frenzy"!  I may come back and start on the detail-paint on the UCAV later tonight.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Don't eat too much, buddy. My bird turned out good, as did my stuffing and Green Bean Cassarole. Got some orders packed and got some resin poured. Watching the taped Packers game with the wifey now. I know the outcome but she doesnt. She is going to be happy.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
I had a well-cooked meal for Thanksgiving.  My favorite part was most-likely the turkey.  I would like to commend my dad for a job well done.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 11:20:44 PM »
I hope all you guys 'n gals out there in the US of A had a great Thanksgiving and an enjoyable day off.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf