Author Topic: How did you pick your forum ID  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
How did you pick your forum ID
« on: November 07, 2009, 09:58:02 AM »
I am just curious as to how some of the IDs came about,

Mine isn't to hard,  I used this id everywhere even well before I ventured into the SW forums,  During my earlier days I was in the Army, one of my stints was with a recon team so it always just stuck with me and was something I could easily remember, I got out as an E7 so the Sarge title was set.

Yours?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: How did you pick your forum ID
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »
Back in the late 90s I joined TFN Jedi Council Forums to discuss SW. I thought of IncomT65 as my username, because I was still heavily into X-Wing and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter. As you'll probably know, the X-Wings were designed by Incom and their designation is T65.

Years later I discovered more SW communities and still used IncomT65 as my ID, but nowadays I try to have just Incom as my callsign. Although Sienar would probably fit better here at the ISY  ;D

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:40:27 PM »
I have a pond across the road from my house, and I had gone outside to ponder a user name. As I was tryin to concentrate, the local frog platoon couldn't keep quiet to let me think, hence.........

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
When I was thinking up a screen name on another forum before the shipyards came along, I had recently started casting clone heads so................clonehead seemed just natural.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »
well... lets see...

I used to go by "spudmasterofmtwashington" back in my spudgunning days...  everyone complained about it's length so it was shortened to "SMOMW"

but then I moved... and the spud gun forum I frequented was shut down by the owner... a new forum was created by a buddy of mine and my screen name there became : "SMOWK" short for spudmasterofwesternky...

my other screen name included "killer_of_spuds"
and my website was under "cherryspotatoguns"

do you see a pattern?...

back in the day I got a gag gift of a mr-potato head from a friend...

from that stemed a collection of potato heads... including darth tater and a spudtrooper...

so when I started here it was only natural for me to combine my love of star wars (especially boba fett) and my spud gunning hobby into my current screen name "spuda-fett"... it's just icing on the cake that "spudafett" is the name of one of the nock of mr-potato heads...

on an interesting side note... I don't have a spudafett potato head....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:18:15 AM »
Mine is actually part of my Starcraft online gaming way back years ago. Not much reason for it now that I think on it, but it sure stuck!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:26:30 AM »
Well, my name is Pat, and at work as a rookie, some of the guys called me Patty Cakes.  Then my rookie year ended and I put on a few pounds, so it became Phatty Cakes.  The "cakes" was dropped over time and I go by Phatty.  My wife calls me Phatty, all my friends' kids call me Phatty.  I rather enjoy it!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
I've used "Outlands" forever, it seems, based on the sector I created ages ago for our SWRPG games and my fiction.  Doc got appended when I started having to doctor animals and kids, up to and including the homebirth of our youngest kid.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »
I am an unimaginative soul at times .... and forgetfull too at times.
That is my name. I sure hope not to forget that.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »
mine came about as i was rereading the X-Wing novel "Wraith Squadron" at the time and liked the Wraith nine character and so i started on rebelscum with the name Wraith_nine ,which when i came over to the yards it became Wraithnine
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »
Luke Skywalker has been a hero of mine sine the release of Star Wars a New Hope. My first and last initials are LS and my last name is Spry. I jest meshed all that together. When I got the internet and found out forums existed for this stuff at RS and niubniub's I posted as Siuol Fett. My first name backwards combined with my love for Boba and all bounty hunters. I changed it up as so many people at one particular at RS went by something Fett. I also had been out of the hobby for a while and was getting back in it again.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »
My name came about kind of randomly.  When I was over on eBay, my dad asked me in the heat of the moment to pick a username for the account.  I noticed the election on TV, and that's how the UnitedStates part came about.  Since both of my parents are Democrat, it seemed fitting that this was for a name, so I added Democrat on to have the unanimous username ,"UnitedStatesDemocrat."  It has since been adopted into USD here on the forums, and I've grown proud of this name.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:40:42 PM by UnitedStatesDemocrat »
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 07:01:45 PM »
I was originally Red_Two (same at rebelscum, but can't remember my password). I used Red_Two because Wedge is my favorite pilot, the number 2 is my lucky number, and both of those together were at the Battle of Yavin, my favorite battle. I changed it to my current name, Goldleaderone, because that is my youtube name where I do Star Wars reviews, so it seemed fitting to change it on a Star Wars collecting site.

I'm still Red_Two in the chat room though.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 06:12:37 AM »
Goldleaderone you are gonna have to post some youtube links here somewhere and I can plug em on the front page. I love adding a youtube vid to the fp every now and then. W9, Jules, Doc, and Spud do some great ones too.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »
I've been Sten Hunter online for about 12 years now. I put the name together from too of my favorite characters.

Sten, came from the "Sten" novels. He's a bad ass with a crystal knife grafted to his forearm.
Hunter, came from Rick Hunter from the Robotech series.

Thus was born Sten Hunter who first saw light in Ultimate Online in December of 1997.  He's been my persona in every game I've played online since.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com