Author Topic: Halloween 2009 - What's going on?  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Halloween 2009 - What's going on?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »
Looks like she had a good time. It just gets slower and slower eachyear. We have only had 18 trick or treaters so far.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
Very Nice Shawn,  what memories are made of, 

As for trick or treaters, I tell Sue year after year, we don;t need to buy alot of candy, this year is no exception, ZERO kids came to the door,   we live in the country, in the woods,   so I guess my basket is full as well ;)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put the mask back on!!!  ,its 'orrible!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »
lol we actually had two trick or treaters... my parents made sure my neighbor's new we had candy... only one of our neighbors has kids... so we got an entire pot of candy to keep.  Best part of halloween...

I guess I never got into it very big because when I was a kid I lived in rural western ky in the backroads of calvert city (simon will know where I'm talking about) and my sister and I were the only kids on my entire street... which by the way was a dead end road with about 12 houses on it, mostly on the right side, with pasture on both sides of the road, behind the houses and vast streatches of woods and farms beyond that.....

so needless to say when my sister and I went trick or treating we didn't get much... and we wern't out long. 

I do remember making some crazy costumes... as a kid we never bought a costume, ALWAYS made costumes from scratch. 
when I was 10 I dressed up as a dinosaur.  I turned all the green clothes I had inside out, got a green baseball cap and glued white teeth to the brim, then made me a fake cardboard tail.  It was great.  I remember one lady asking me if I knew my clothes were turned inside out! her little girl who also answered the door said "it's part of his costume MOM!" lol....  good times.

I just got my cannon back up and running tonight so I'm sure I put the fright into the neighbors after shooting off a few rounds!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2009, 08:05:09 PM »
Dude, I grew up in Calvert, lol.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
lol so you know how it is....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
Well, it was a slow one as we only got 22 kids looking for candy. there were some cool costumes and I did see one captain Rex that looked pretty cool.

here is a shot of my pirate costume.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »
Adorable!!  Tamer, is she 3 or freshly turned 4?  My runt is coming up on 5 in January and just recent - and suddenly - seemed to lose a lot of the "baby chubbies" in her face in the last couple of months.

Offline clones are awesome

• Commander
  • fear! fear attracts the fearful fear is my aly.
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
For halowine this year I went out with my dad and set off some fier works.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
lol so you know how it is....

Actually, these days it has one of the best "small town" vibes around, they've really done some work there.

the news showed several hundred kids trick or treating, my friends say its better with their kids than we ever had it.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »
eggs, thats so old school. . .we bring bologna and sprite, :)

Chemistry is fun!

Dude, if you're gonna watch Wolverine, better make it a six pack, that movie. . .wow, just wished I been intoxicated.

Nah was a good three pack at least but we watched 300 after for the other three

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2009, 02:16:19 AM »
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put the mask back on!!!  ,its 'orrible!

LOL. I have been known to frighten the wary child now and then. All I need is to shave my head and put a few ugly scars on my dome and I could get the real look down pretty easy.

Spud, I can associate with the pretty poor trick or treat days. I lived in an even more backwoodsy place than I do now and there were only about six homes we could go to and then it was a driving affair. My mom didn't like to drive at night so most years no trick or treating. I will say she was good about making sure we got some candy though. It was fun to dress up and do the parade in elementary school though, back when they still let kids have parties.

Clint, good costume. I would love to see you in a set of clone armor. Well me too now that I think about it.

Glad to see Greg had a movie he could use the other three with. Lol. Three hundred is definitely one for that!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:20:28 AM by Tamer »

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2009, 03:44:03 AM »
we got a few kids surprisingly!!!! 3 to begin with then about 1/2 an hour later i answered the door and there were 4 at the door i started to hand out candy and then all of a sudden out of no where there where 20 kids pushing and shoving to get a candy and a cheap toy.... it was complete and utter chaos!!!!
so much for us aussies not celebrating Halloween!!!!
it was fun to see all the kids getting excited but if i can recall i only saw about 5 dressed up?? slackers!!! lol

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2009, 04:16:57 AM »
Had I of known you were handing out toys Trevor, I would have booked the first flight over. I've seen your toys." drool drool"

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 04:20:52 AM »
You didn't say you were handing out your collection Trev!...........sheesh, i'll be booking too!