Poll

should i get cod 5 or cod 6

cod 5 - world at war
3 (37.5%)
cod 6 - modern warfare 2
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Should i get cod 5 or cod 6?  (Read 1393 times)

droidbait

Should i get cod 5 or cod 6?
« on: March 14, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »
Hi guys, i'm struggling here ive got £40 and i want to now if i should get cod 5 or cod 6?

cod 5 - world at war
cod 6 - modern warfare 2

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
Re: Should i get cod 5 or cod 6?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »
Modern Warfare 2! The only thing good about World at War is Nazi Zombies!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »
Neither. World at War was good when it first came out, but I don't think there are too many players on it now. I could be wrong though. And Modern Warfare 2, that game was a piece of shit the day it was released. It's a terrible game. I bought it a couple of days after it was released, beat the single player on veteran, played some Spec Ops, and prestiged once in multiplayer. It's actual name is Camp of Duty 6: Modded 1887 Glitchfare 2

If you want a good game, save your money, and buy Halo: Reach this Fall. Or Fallout: New Vegas.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
That would all depend on what you are wanting to do with the game.  If you are looking to play online against others, go with COD 6.  If you are looking for gameplay on your own, I'd say go with COD 5.  I liked the campaign of 5 more than 6, and you can play 2-player co-op in 5.

Offline betobuster

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
Modern Warfare 2! The only thing good about World at War is Nazi Zombies!

You underestimate the power of the zombie side.  It's cool.  Come on, I mean it takes Nazis and zombies, both of which are fun to shoot.  Nazi zombies can be addicting at times.  I suppose it varies from person to person.

That would all depend on what you are wanting to do with the game.  If you are looking to play online against others, go with COD 6.  If you are looking for gameplay on your own, I'd say go with COD 5.  I liked the campaign of 5 more than 6, and you can play 2-player co-op in 5.
Exactly.  World at War has more co-op possibilites.  However,  there are some limits.  This is what I had to say some time ago in the WaW thread:

It's pretty good.  Online multiplayer is fun.  I hate that with CoD games, you can't play online multiplayer split-screen.  Everyone has to have a console and a copy of the game, or simply play offline.  There is also the fact that  certain maps are not available offline, unless using system link to connect two or more consoles.  With system link, only one person per console can play.  With World at War, the cheats cannot be activated offline.  There are some interesting looking ones, such as fighting zombies (in campaign mode), or having only a knife and rocks to fight with.  I like the Nazi Zombies minigame.  There is another zombie minigame available if you download the extra content for ten bucks.  From my experience, players tend to use automatic weapons mostly.  It can be difficult going in with bolt action rifles.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

droidbait

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 12:43:54 AM »
wow u all have helped me out alot i do enjoy to play online but people do say cod 6 has alot of glitches it is hard to decide

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 01:04:54 PM »
My first post was very biased, but this one will be a bit more serious. Infinity Ward takes about three months to fix one glitch, and those updates create more problems in the game. Also, Activision is just going to have another Call of Duty game released ths year (They have released one every year since CoD1), so a lot of players will likely migrate over to CoD7.

The matchmaking is also quite laggy, because Infinity Ward uses its own servers. After you prestige once in online, it gets very boring. It's the same thing every time you play. However, after prestiging once, I started to use different weapons which made it a little different. It still got boring to me very quickly. This game also has the most horrific spawn system I have ever seen in an FPS. Another thing, the game is always free-for-all. It doesn't matter if you're playing Team Deathmatch, it's still Free-For-All, don't let the titles fool you. All people care about is kills, so in objective games, don't rely on your teammates to take a position.

Basically, if you enjoy glitchy run and gun games, buy Modern Warfare 2. If you enjoy well designed FPS games that require team work and have amazing vehicular gameplay, buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2. (You get ALL of the DLC for BC2 for FREE. MW2 has five new maps coming soon for 1200 ms points....)

I know it's between CoD5 and CoD6, but in my honest opinoin, they are both terrible games.

lol Don't take my advice, I absolutely hate this game, and have nothing positive to say about it. Watch reviews and gameplay videos on Youtube, and you can probably get a better idea on which one you want.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:55:44 PM by James T. Kirk »

droidbait

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 02:38:47 PM »
well i must say o blown my mind then, u gave me such good detail. I do enjoy playing online and i now wat u mean after prestige it does get boring but on cod 6 i am really looking forward to new weapons, new perks, new camo i will think about what u have said and might get cod 6 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 thanks for the advice

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 05:53:26 AM »
Hard to say. I've enjoyed both and yes both have problems in game play, server difficulty and hackers. I'm yet to play BF2 Bad Company but it does look very good indeed.....

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 02:51:31 PM »
cod 5 is great and come on ya get to go in tanks sweet tha only problem is MAP PACKS  if you have ps3 or x box stiilll have to pay to play