Imperial Bulletin > Conventions & Events

Hasbro PulseCon 2023 - HasbroPulse online Convention Sep. 22, 2023

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tamer:

Day 2 is now live. JOE Panel is going strong. I have the video loaded at the top of the front pages.

Starchaser:
I continue to be underwhelmed by Hasbro ' s TVC offerings. They clearly favor the Black Series, with numerous new offering and even being silly with it (Holiday Troopers?). Yet they offer odd repacks (black dress Padme?), overpriced favorites (Arc 3-pack, over $16 per figure, whatever happened to a price break on multi-packs). They've done great work in TVC - Hondo, the Mandalorian figures - but there is a slow trickle and distribution continues to be a problem (the Incinerator Trooper to Walmart - really?).

I'm really happy for collectors who cherry pick what they like (not line specific) and for people who buy TBS and can genuinely be excited for the new stuff being produced. But, due to budget and space, I've limited myself to 3.75 inch and honestly feel a bit conflicted. I want to support the TVC line, but I'm not an impulse buyer, so can't justify buying figures I already have just to encourage Hasbro to sell. I really wish that Hasbro would just get into TVC all the new TBS figures they've done and I'd be willing to take them at their word that they want to support the line, but it doesn't really seem that way. I won't quit the line, like some do. I'll be a lifelong 3.75 Star Wars toy enthusiast, but it's a bit discouraging to feel like everyone else is getting new and we're getting (mostly) table scraps. Just my perspective.

JDeck:
 I agree. I won't be buying repacks unless it's a hard to find figure, or would make good custom fodder. The ones revealed are neither of those, so I can't reward Hasbro's bad selections. If they select hard to find figures I'll even pre-order them. Like Tarkin, ugnaughts, even Willrow Hood, I can use that figure for a number of customs, and he comes with a camtono. They could repack the bounty hunters or AT-AT driver on TESB cards, just any number of  of figures would be better than the ones they offered. All they have to do is go on eBay and see what figures are going for crazy prices, and get a piece of the pie. If they repacked the Rebel Trooper separately from the one included in the Tantive IV that would be awesome, because you can't have a proper T4 display with one trooper. Good luck finding him on eBay.  The Walmart Exclusive lines repacks were great! Royal Guard and Ponda Baba were genius! Even General Lando, was a great choice, the third time was too much though. Admiral Ackbar another great choice. Those figures are still cheap on eBay, but before the re release they were crazy expensive, especially if using for custom fodder.

I did pre-order the Flame trooper, even though I have the custom one I made. With shipping and taxes, it was almost $20 Watch in about 6 months the shelves at my Walmart are going to be packed full of these guys for $12.99.

Starchaser:
I ordered the Incinerator trooper as well, but I wish that Hasbro would get these troop builder type figures out of exclusive land. Exclusives should be - well exclusive - the head of acquisitions at Walmart has a nephew that really likes bounty hunters, so do a three-pack of background bounty hunters (I can think of three great ones - Chussido and Auromae Iselo and the female human in red armor). Those kinds of exclusives might generate real collector traffic for Walmart and feel genuinely exclusive. But what do I know?

JDeck:
Those would be good mainline figures. Hasbro is very cautious. Like the Razor Crest could have been mainline, but they're like, yeah we're going to need money upfront first. They do these trooper variant exclusives with 6" too. I think 6" has more scalpers than TVC, from what I've seen. I've been lucky enough to find most or all of the Walmart Exclusive figures in stores. It might be several months after the release date, but when they hit they are in droves. Target exclusives are hit and miss. Evidently the one closest to me got the Galaxy's Edge exclusives,  but I got there too late. The one closer to work, didn't get them at all. I really don't know which is worse. I hate all exclusives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version