Imperial Creative Engineering > Dioramas

Raylen's Dioramas

<< < (2/8) > >>

Tamer:
Wow, nice dio. It looks great to me.

Off to share it and your dio store on the front pages.

Starchaser:
That looks great. I like the red doors. What are the columns made from?

Darth More:
Very nice diorama pieces there! Are you going to add some panels for texture to the floor of your last one? I think the walls look superb! Can't get more starwarsy than that! Thanks for sharing and thank you for joining this forum!

Raylen:
Here's my Star Tours diorama. Originally I wanted to more closely duplicate the layout from the ride itself but the control tower would be roughly from where the viewer would be looking, so had to take artistic license. Main construction is wood, along with PVC, sheet styrene, some kit bashed parts, 3D printed parts, and some crates and door from Hole in the Ground Productions http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html

I have lights installed but the ones in the overhead gantry weren't getting enough power so I cut em. The control room lights up along with a few wall lights. If you've been on the ride, there are conveyors moving stuff around overhead so I included that idea at the back. I even cut one the the crates so it appears to be going "through" the wall. The crane for the gantry slides back and forth and the claw pivots. It's designed to be able to hold the R2 figure outside the Starspeeder.

Starchaser:
That looks absolutely amazing. It totally captures the ride. The conveyors are great and the cut crate was an excellent idea to convey motion. I'm impressed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version