Author Topic: Black Series Anyone else having a hard time finding Waves 2 & 3 ?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
Ok, so I have been checking my local Target stores for the Black Series Star Wars action figures.  What they are doing is only stocking the shelves once every figure is gone but 2 of them left on the peg.  At least they are doing this for the 3 3/4 figures.  The Larger figures they have put out a bunch but only up to wave 2 this time, there are a bunch of princess leia figures on the pegs along with greedo.  I have not gotten a wiff of wave 2 or 3 yet in 3 3/4.  Was wondering if this was the case elsewhere.  Oh and I only saw wave 1 at Walmart and that was it.  Does Walmart even carry these?  Is it like this everywhere, or is it just my stupid area?  Thanks

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Black Series Anyone else having a hard time finding Waves 2 & 3 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:47:28 AM »
I have seen Wave 2 on the pegs in a K-mart right before Xmas. In my local stores I haven't seen anything past wave one.

For now I am blaming this on poor sellers for wave one (Anakin, pilot biggs, scout trooper) which means the pegs are too clogged for wave 2 or 3 instead of horrible distribution. Now after February (the time they normally reset and restock a bit) if this still continues I will scream Phatom Menace Wave all over again.

Why in the world Hasbro would continue to produce some of the figures they keep doing and at the start of a line at that just confounds me, it sounds like Hasbro is doing some resetting of future case waves so maybe they are finally learning.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:41:35 AM »
I've only seen wave 1 pretty much anywhere. Wait - was Cantina Han part of the 6" Wave 2?  I did see them at a TRU last week.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:41:26 AM »
I've only seen wave 1 pretty much anywhere. Wait - was Cantina Han part of the 6" Wave 2?  I did see them at a TRU last week.

Yes, Han was part of the 2nd Wave of the Black Series 6 inch figures. I am still kicking myself for not picking up the boba fett I saw in the wild when I did back around xmas.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:29:38 PM »
Oh wow, didn't know the sales of wave 1 were so dismal everywhere else.  I was trying to track down a Sith Lord.....looks like at the moment its an impossible feat.  And there is this guy who buys and resells toys who hogs on basically everything in the local area, so forget about getting a Boba Fett as well.  But that is all part of hunting in the wild, gonna have to deal with people like that.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 02:53:29 AM »
Yes you will need to deal with folks like this in the wild. I am pretty much thinking at this stage of the game I may go to a totally online storefront to do my collecting. It is less frustrating and even paying shipping costs is still cheaper than wasting a ton of gas.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »
I have to agree with you Tamer, especially with wasting gas trying to hunt down these figures.  Nowadays, when I look for figures I only check when I have to go shopping at Target.  When my mom needs me to go there and pick up groceries I go over to the toy isle to see if I get lucky.  One thing I'm doing is getting a sense of when the scalper dude comes in to look for stuff so I can swoop in before he gets there.  Anyway, hope you guys have good luck finding your figures.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 03:38:50 PM »
Waves 2 and 3 of the BS 3 3/4 inch have been showing up here in patches.  Wave 2 is really easy to locate now and wave 3 is showing up at my local TRU and Big W stores of late.  I purchased a few but they were all for trades because the only figure I wanted was Pablo-Jill...as far as wave 3 goes I passed on everything for my own collection...hanging for the Snowtrooper Commander.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK