Author Topic: Cheap Vehicle Conversion - Captain America's Justice Jet  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Jon Dough

• Cadet
Cheap Vehicle Conversion - Captain America's Justice Jet
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
Hi All,

I'm not a customizer, but I do enjoy viewing all the creative figures and vehicles that you guys have made. With that in mind, I couldn't help but think that Captain America's Justice Jet would be a great vehicle to use for a CW conversion.  Target has been clearancing these things in my area for $13.95, and Ross is selling them for even less, $9.99.  I picked up two and was surprised how much they remind me of the CW Republic Dropship minirig which is supposed to be coming out next month. If you take off some of the wing and tail pieces, you end up with  a good basic, cockpit.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Cheap Vehicle Conversion - Captain America's Justice Jet
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
Not a bad idea at all Jon Dough, but why don't you give one a shot at conversion to a SW Vehicle. I agree with you it would fit nicely. I could see any Mando flying a ship like this. I bet it would be cool.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
weve had the scuba clone and sub  also anakin and recon fighter here, but weve not seen the dropship yet
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Jon Dough

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
Not a bad idea at all Jon Dough, but why don't you give one a shot at conversion to a SW Vehicle. I agree with you it would fit nicely. I could see any Mando flying a ship like this. I bet it would be cool.

I may just have to give it a shot Tamer.  Time to do a bit of research on paint and materials :-)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »
I agree and I bought one for $12 at walmart a few weeks ago. Someon here added a shuttle tyderium wing to the top of one of these and it looked awesome. The only thing i am not sold on is the way the pilot lays down head first to drive.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »
I can't wait to get my hands on one of these jets...

I've picked it up and put it back on the shelf several times at wal mart.

the avengers' quin-jet looks like a promising vehicle to customize into the star wars verse too...

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 11:11:30 AM »
I like the paint-scheme on the Iron Man version of the Liberty Jet (Thunderstrike Jet?).  My Lib is sitting in pieces, awaiting my attentions.

The Quin-jet is just ungodly awesome, imo.  One is sitting on my shelf, where I can look at it and settle its future.  And I may buy more. 

Offline RC0379.Marev

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:46 AM »
I agree and I bought one for $12 at walmart a few weeks ago. Someon here added a shuttle tyderium wing to the top of one of these and it looked awesome. The only thing i am not sold on is the way the pilot lays down head first to drive.

I don't think we are talking about the same jet, as the Cap Jet/Ironman Jet has a cockpit where the pilot lays back on his back...kind of a lounging position.

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 03:57:33 PM »
I just did a conversion on this jet, check out my thread, page 11
All of my customs in one convenient place ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/36398360@N05/