Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48806 times)

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 11:06:52 PM »
Thanks again guys! I would like to make several of these into kits or preassembled vehicles.

DocOutlands:
As a sign of how far behind I have fallen, I am JUST NOW finding this thread.  HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!  That is some INCREDIBLE work!!  Where'd you get the 6-wheeled armored car in the first pics?  It is based fairly closely off the French VAB armored cars, definitely an unusual subject to find as an action-figure sized toy!

That tank... my oh my!  Lots of Terminator-esque ground hunter-killer styled goodness, but oh so nicely UPGUNNED!!

Thanks! The 6 wheel armor car was a chap mei vehicle. It had a police light bar on back at one point. I modified the  vehicle by cutting the bar and other junk off the back. Then used sheet plastic to rebuild the rear section and created hatch for troop access. Made a hatch to cover the cab opening. Put windows in.

The tank was original concept. Could not avoid seeing the hunter killer tank coming out after building the bridge section lol! As construction is completed, weapons, lighting, consoles/displays and all other detailing that it will take on a more unique look. Will get back to work on the tank at beginning of year. Goal to complete by May 12.  Working on about 100 smaller missiles and guns for the TOVREX.

Very nice work! I didn't know the scale of your large scratch built until I got to the picture with the trooper in it.. WOO! that is one large piece! 

It is one of my larger scratchbuilds. It's approximately 3ft long! The other build concept is of a alien airship, that will be about 4 to 5ft long.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:15:36 PM by C130IM »
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 05:44:14 AM »
Simply outstanding and the Rabid Bear is now on our front page.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »
As a sign of how far behind I have fallen, I am JUST NOW finding this thread.  HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!  That is some INCREDIBLE work!!  Where'd you get the 6-wheeled armored car in the first pics?  It is based fairly closely off the French VAB armored cars, definitely an unusual subject to find as an action-figure sized toy!

That tank... my oh my!  Lots of Terminator-esque ground hunter-killer styled goodness, but oh so nicely UPGUNNED!!

lol i thought i was  the only one that used holy guacamole !  O0
May the Force be with you !

Offline Jakartha

• Ensign
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
  Very interesting piece. Nice work!

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »
Awesome vehicles!
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »
that mech is the best use of the ATAP I've seen yet.  I've never liked that thing very much... but you've shown that it has great potential.

Your vehicle building skills are phenomenal.  I love it.  amazing work incorporating the LED lights into the mix as well.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
that mech is the best use of the ATAP I've seen yet.  I've never liked that thing very much... but you've shown that it has great potential.

Your vehicle building skills are phenomenal.  I love it.  amazing work incorporating the LED lights into the mix as well.

Thank you  spudafett! Same here. What I liked about it was the leg stability. So as these went on clearance I bought a few of these to create different types of mecha. The LED lighting brings more realism to the model. Once it primed and painted hopefully the project will still turn out great.

I'm looking forward to finishing the TOVREX-S tank model. This will have all the bells and whistles: LED, light up display screens using adhesive print paper, fan pushed smoke generator (simulate reactor venting), and in command section working LCD screens that will have random photos installed possibly videos.

Its invader aerial counterpart (called "Zarfaren" for now. Human designate: AR-VREXS airship) is going through design and will start building as soon as TOVREX-S is done. This invader airship will be larger than the tank and will combine scratchbuilding and parts from existing vehicles to complete.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
I know I don't get on the forums much. Know that I appreciate the support as I become more comfortable with presenting my work. Still feel subpar to many here that have presented excellent work. Those who are on my FB page I appreciate it. I have found a way to work around this status update issue. For those I interact in this community and others to see all updates: select "friends" and click "close friends" and change "subscribed" to all updates. Seems to be the only fix that allows others to see posts that may not have seen due to the FB changes.

Also, although I am still trying to complete certain projects. I may be forced to take a 3 week break from the hobby if I have to get this surgery done. Not looking forward to this and hope other treatments will take affect negating need for surgery.

Thank you again for the kind support for the work posted so far.
Chad

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles (update pics 9 Jan 12)
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
Applied coat of Krylon Grey Primer to the Mech. Thinking of using standard olive drab paint as the basic color of the mech.

Any suggestions on paint scheme are appreciated?  Right now I'm thinking woodland camo pattern, applying detail parts to the exterior, and weathering the model.

Comments, suggestions are appreciated.

The flash gives primer kind of a bluish hue. But at least now it's all one color vs collage of styrene, kit parts, and epoxy colors.

Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »
Lets just say I have a thing for walkers, but this one is really looking more awesome with each update.

Back on the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »
Oh yea man it looks great with just the base coat! Can't wait to see what you do with the paint scheme.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
Jiminy Chrsitmas! That's amazing! Blown away! I've always liked mechs myself and that looks like it packs a hell of a punch! What is it from? Or is it completely original? Kinda reminds me of the robotic mechs from RoboCop and Tomb Raider. I hope my vehicle builds come out half as good as this!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 07:31:59 PM »

Thank you, Tamer, LukeSpryWalker, and ActionFigEmpire for the recognition!

Tamer, appreciate the posts on the front page! I'm aiming to complete the paint job this weekend. Once completed I'll post the final updates for Rabid Bear. Then back to TOVREX-S ground destroyer to have assembled, painted, and detailed before May 2012.

ActionFigEmpire

Jiminy Chrsitmas! That's amazing! Blown away! I've always liked mechs myself and that looks like it packs a hell of a punch! What is it from? Or is it completely original? Kinda reminds me of the robotic mechs from RoboCop and Tomb Raider. I hope my vehicle builds come out half as good as this
!

Thanks ActionFigEmpire! Appreciate the confidence in my builds. I atill feel like a amateur but trying to change the perception. Designed to do basically to do just that; pack a punch into enemy armor or infantry.  This is one of my concepts. Combination scratchbuild with styrene, model kit/vehicle parts, Aves Epoxy Sculpt, LED's for nav/sensors, and phosphorous rope light for cab lighting.  The modified legs and base are from the Star Wars AT-AP. This is one I'd like to replicate to sell.
Chad

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »
That is possibly the best scale action figure vehicle I've ever seen

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »
I have to agree, great stuff there!!!