Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48806 times)

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
Re: C130IM's Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 09:15:06 AM »
These have all the things I love about customs: big in size, big in ambition, big in features, big in heart... nice work there and can't wait to see more.  I love the military but DAG is that scratch build tank a behemoth!

Sometimes when people do big tank-like SW customs, they aren't very "Star Wars-y" - but yours fits right in. 

It is really great, and I can't wait to see it progress!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »
Thanks everyone for comments!! I enjoy doing this work. The TOVREX-S large tank is definitely a labor of love and patience. I took short break to get these other ideas out my head to recharge the model building batteries. 2 1/2 years of work on this required patience. Plus there are techniques that I intend to use based on lessons learned from the customs.

All the parts on my customs and scratchbuilds do move; the tracks do move :)  just looking forward to completing this model to begin detailing work.

It's a great hobby! I just need to brush up on photography and painting.

Thanks guys for the coments!! I will keep everyone up to date on the projects.

Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 11:12:49 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, when do you plan to make a SW Juggernaut Turbotank? ;D

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
WOOHOO! Awesome!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »
that is 1 helluva ambitious project.  and looks to be coming along smoothly, well worth the time spent so far

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »
Whoooa amazing vehicles!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 04:57:15 PM »
That big white vehicle with the tank treads is just a bad@$$ rolling death machine!!! I LOVE IT! I would love to see a Youtube video of that.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
I did some additional work on the Rabid Bear mech. should have updated pics soon.

I have new supplies specific for the TOVREX-S tank. With the positive feedback especially for this model will focus on completing the structural build. Need to get another 12 volt battery since the other I received weighs 5 lbs and is way too big.

CloneSniper78; you are absolutely correct this is literally a rolling killing machine! Designed specifically for ruthless and unstoppable destruction. Nothing on Earth can really destroy it. M1 Abrams US and Leopard A6's in Germany have succeeded in disabling them. But, long enough for forces to retreat.

It employs hover technology in the undercarriage. Allows it to traverse any terrain or fall back should the track system become disabled. When active its primary heavy weapons go offline due to power needed to lift and propel a vehicle this bulky.

Believe it or not, I have a larger variant in concept design. In my verse, the version pictured here was the first deployment of TOVREX class ground destroyers. The larger one in concept design is deployed on worlds with more advanced weapons/military than what they fight against on Earth.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
fantastic work, my man! Welcome to the shipyards!

Offline Silver Rider38

• Customs Padawan
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »
Was hesitant to post pics of this scratchbuild on any board. Mainly because even after starting in March 2009, I am still far from completion.  Apologize for poor picture quality. Used camera phone for the pics and had no flash. I'll take updated photos as progress is made with my regular camera. It gives an idea of where I'm trying to go with this vehicle.

It's one my largest ground based combat vehicles. Each step has been time stamped photographed down to each piece with dimensions. To date over 800 pics taken and still far from completion. Objective is to have the invader most lethal vehicle completed by May 2012. Weighs 35lbs without electronics and power supplies. I am considering casting and running limited production once completed.

Will have the most sfx of all my models. Standard lighting for each level, sound, removable engine/reactor core illumination, illuminated display screens, laser effects for dioramas, and smoke generator to simulate reactor venting or other effects. Multiple weapons that rotate and elevate. Cannons, rocket artillery, and hidden weapon systems. Opening doors, hatches, and access panels.

Will be adding more pics as project progresses. Interior, electronics, side panels and other hatches need to be installed. Then of course the paint job.

So may look, ehhh, right now but she's got a long way to go. Hope everyone likes the initial work. As always, suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Oh.My.Sweet.Jesus. I think I just nerdgasm'd. This is just... Holy... Wow. This kind of vehicle is like every kid/collector's dream. I can't wait to see updates, it's one of the coolest customs I've seen here, definitely top 5 hahah. There aren't enough dancing Chewbaccas to express how awesome this is.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:00:45 AM by Silver Rider38 »

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 08:13:02 PM »
that is a force to be reckoned with.great job.bet it looks a lot better in person too.I think,besides the newest millenium falcon Hasbro produced,that awesome vehicle could have me actually playing with my figures again,and i'm 31 years old by the way.LOL

Offline Silver Rider38

• Customs Padawan
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:51 PM »
that is a force to be reckoned with.great job.bet it looks a lot better in person too.I think,besides the newest millenium falcon Hasbro produced,that awesome vehicle could have me actually playing with my figures again,and i'm 31 years old by the way.LOL

I'm right there with you Mindtrix, but I'm not quite 31 yet lol. If I had this beauty, I would devote a room to it hahahahahaha.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
Sorry guys been offline! Wow! Thanks for the positive feedback! Not much progress on the large TOVREX tank but will start up on that very soon. Finishing up the 1/18 Rabid Bear Mech/Walker. The photobucket links work now! Here are updated pics, all is left to do is prime, paint, and finish detailing:

1/18 custom "Rabid  Bear" Mech/Walker

2 photos were taken prior to rivet other details:

These are latest updates:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:35:37 PM by C130IM »
Chad

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »
Very nice work! I didn't know the scale of your large scratch built until I got to the picture with the trooper in it.. WOO! that is one large piece!  [at1]

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »
As a sign of how far behind I have fallen, I am JUST NOW finding this thread.  HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!  That is some INCREDIBLE work!!  Where'd you get the 6-wheeled armored car in the first pics?  It is based fairly closely off the French VAB armored cars, definitely an unusual subject to find as an action-figure sized toy!

That tank... my oh my!  Lots of Terminator-esque ground hunter-killer styled goodness, but oh so nicely UPGUNNED!!