Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52286 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2010, 06:44:41 AM »
sweet!!   ive just posted the red y-wing   have 2 now they are awesome
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
Good to hear they helped you out. I would prefer the Y-Wing ove the stealth ARC any day.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »
Well, I really had plans for turning the ARC into pirate-busting bounty-hunter's ship, but getting a Y-wing instead ... I'm not exactly crying in disappointment!  ;D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/whatisnano

Spend the month of November, writing a 50K-word novel?  That'll prolly be crap?  I'm up for it!  Why am I bothering to tell anyone?  Well, that gem is hidden in the welcome letter:

3)Tell everyone you know that you're writing a novel in November. This will pay big dividends in Week Two, when the only thing keeping you from quitting is the fear of looking pathetic in front of all the people who've had to hear about your novel for the past month. Seriously. Email them now about your awesome new book. The looming specter of personal humiliation is a very reliable muse.

So, rather than admit to failing at an endeavor in which I have a modest reputation, I am now bound to WRITE!  And, we hope, finish.  All to avoid that nasty personal humiliation.  Well, and maybe if I actually FINISH one, someone will make me a cake.

It'll prolly be a Fixer story.

Go figure.

A whole NEW Fixer story, started from scratch, and novelized within 30 days?  Can Tamer handle that level of good-ness??  We'll see.....

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
Right now, my world is NaNoWriMo - go to the FanFic forum and check out my thread by that name for more, including a REAL shot at a Fixer novel.  It's on track and developing nicely - I can see a real story in it.

I've also been exploring the world of paper models as stress-relief - cut, fold, glue, poof!  Am getting some nice stuff pulled together and am looking at some of the models as inspiration for larger-scale construction.  I can see some of them turning into molds with 3D detail, later.  On that front, I caught a scrapbooking hole-punch on clearance the other day.  It makes 1/16" holes.  Friggin TINY!  We'll see how all that works later, as I clear ground on this book I'm writing.  Great time to be alive!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »
Ha, a novel?  Ambitious, my friend, I hope it doesn't suck....errr....I mean, I'm sure it will be great!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »
Hey, its a FIXER novel - I know of at least three people who will read it and love it!

It may suck, I'm not a novel-writer.  My thing is short-stories usually.  Buuuuuut - November is all about pound out the words!  Suckage be damned, get them written!  You can make it unsuck later after you recover from the horrors of JUST WRITING IT!!!

MWAHAHAH- er, yeah.

I hope it doesn't suck, too.

;D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2010, 09:24:32 AM »
In my quest to locate game-aids for Fixer's corner of the SW universe, I ran across Ryan Wolfe's "Future Armada" line of products on DriveThruRPG.  I bought his Argos III station and I was extremely pleased with the product.  You get a well-thought-out ring-style space station that can house about 500 people in its current configuration and is made up of modular, interconnecting "battle-tiles."  Now, these are sized for your typical 25-30mm minis, so there's no point in thinking you could stand action fig's on them. ;)  However, if you play mini's battles or RPGs, I encourage you to give the items a look.  Ryan includes D20 Modern stats for easy gameplay - and I think that should translate into D20 SWRPG pretty easily.

You'll recognize some of Ryan's influences pretty quickly - SW (the Falcon, a Sith Infiltrator, and an upcoming bounty-hunter ship), ST (a Klingon Bird of Prey and the two stations), classic BSG, Firefly, and others.

So I sent Ryan fan-email this week, telling him how much I enjoyed his works and some of what I had in mind to do with them.  He was kind enough to respond with a couple of detail pics that helped me better visualize the relative size of a particular ship to the station.  I lamented the lack of hangar bays large enough to totally enclose one of the larger tramp-freighters and how I planned to add a second habitation ring to make Outland Station able to handle a thousand or so inhabitants.

In my in-box this morning were four of the MOST GORGEOUS pics I've ever encountered!!  Apparently, I tweaked Ryan's creative buttons, because he "whipped up" a whole new take on his Argos III based on our exchange (at the expense of a project he is *supposed* to be working on!) to show an enlarged model, dubbed the Argos IX and kindly labeled "DSTP-412," OS's official designation!  Two habitation rings, extra cargo ring and consumables tanks, and a docking ring with six large enclosed bays!!  (one pic even has the aforementioned freighter emerging from one bay)

My jaw literally dropped open when I scrolled and saw the first pic!  He totally captured the feel I was going for and made it look GREAT!!!  So, for those who have ever wondered, here's a small look at the exterior, as designed by the very awesome Ryan Wolfe!!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:27:23 AM by DocOutlands »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
WOW! This looks vry cool. Would love to see a bigger picture.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »
Well now. That is pretty cool.

Offline commander william

• commander william 1 arftrooper battlaion
  • Ensign
  • when you mess with me perpare to lose
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2010, 01:25:38 PM »
we got 3 more ships coming in
its hard too say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
To quote the penguin Skipper from Madagascar: "Smile and wave, boys.  Smile and wave."

Yeah, so!  Since my blog got kicked up onto the "recent posts" list...

The lads over in Production Platform Three got a communique inquiring as to the possibility of setting up a particular set of molds.  Naturally they were all a-gaga over being approached!  They just almost didn't know what to do with themselves.  I thought a couple of times I was going to have to take them by the hand and walk them through the steps myself!

In the end, they are finally set up to produce tables and drink dispensers for cantinas.  They are still working on pricing, but they assure me they'll know that by the end of business today.  While setting up for making tables, they slid some smaller pet projects into the line-up.  They attached a holo to show me what they'd accomplished.

They tell me there are a good number of other items in the works, now that they are making inroads on their workspace.  Oh, and they are quite excited by the table, as it represents the conquering of a technical challenge that has been vexing them for some time.  I'm so proud of them!

(the first several tables are already spoken for, but once I take care of that commitment, I'll be ready to make them for other interested parties!)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2010, 01:19:47 PM »
Very nice looking casts. I see joe backpacks, tooth paste lids, marker lids, IG-88 heads, the tables, but what is that laid down in the back/ upper right?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »
Ahahaha!!  I *knew* that one would drive you crazy!!  I made that one myself from ... secret supplies!!  My business manager won't allow me to fess up as to what went into it!

I'll use really small print and maybe she won't catch on.  Its the blister from a pair of CR123 batteries and a plastic spacer from a boxed-set of figures.  I glued the spacer on the side opposite the post side of the batteries, then molded it and cast it.  I have an idea and some more pieces to add to it to get ... interesting!