Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52302 times)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »
Ok Doc.
Add a TrenchGun to your .45 and the thieves will think twice about coming back...
Still, take care buddy.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »
Well, we finished moving stuff from the trailer-house today, so now I can sit down and ... have a long talk with my pickup about this throwing drivelines business.  Yes, tomorrow's task is to patch up the strained relationship between the truck's driveline and u-joint.  Then maybe I can get on with the serious business of conducting trades & customs research!!

But for now... I'm crashing.   :grin:

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2009, 02:23:21 PM »
warning...general griping ahead...   :P

I'll prolly break *my* back AND ruin the roof Monday.  Assuming it doesn't rain before Monday afternoon, I need to either slather tar, add shingles, hang a tarp, or some combination of the three.  We've had RAIN here lately - Flash Flood Warnings, Flood Warnings, Wind Advisories, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Warnings...  I have a leak of some sort over the living-room and overnight Thur night and until mid-afternoon Friday, I caught TEN GALLONS of water!!!  That doesn't count the three NEW drip-spots that started up sometime during the night that I didn't get buckets under...

But considering I had a really GOOD run to HL today - Quick-set, HSIII, mold-release/conditioner (for the epoxy resin castings), and something new from the train aisle - "Weathering Markers" by Testors - and a fair run at only one local WalMart where I found five new Skinnies (see the Louisiana Local Finds thread for a pic) and brought home the Clone Gunner, well shoot!  I'm in a fine mood now!

Reckon I need to go check those existing molds and start a new one or 12...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
I've been scarce the last week or so, folks.  Backed away from my figs for a while to focus on some other stuff, kinda let the customizing cells recharge.

The clear R2 dome effort has continued to make me pull my hair out.  BUT!  I am still working on it.  I've got another idea to try, so that should happen in the next day or so.  The BAD thing is, it takes SOOOOO LOOOOONG for the clear resin to set up!!  I'm seeing some set times of up to a week for a good set.  That's part of the frustration - I have to wait DAYS to find out if the idea even worked!

My sculpey disappeared after the 2-part night I posted about.  That means... I have nothing to use to hold my parts for more 2-part molding.  *sigh*  I know it is here SOMEWHERE, I just have to find it.  I'm really getting close to screaming and ranting and just unloading the shop and desk so I can get the desk into the shop where little fingers don't borrow my supplies on a whim.

Most of the fodder I've picked up recently has been of the Joe variety - hey, $5 beats $7.50 every time.  Slowly seeing new items hitting the shelves.  I saw the "new" carded Boba but - like I said, $5 wins.  I need the Boba arms for a project, tho, sooooo.....

Wonder how many beer cans I'd have to collect off the side of the road to score $7.50?   ;D

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2009, 08:30:49 PM »
Depending on current prices in your area, but based on prices in mine ( $0.48/lb)  and going by the new "average" of 34 cans per pound you would need to pick up close to 544 cans, depending on local sales tax :)   

Good to see you back online.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »
Depending on current prices in your area, but based on prices in mine ( $0.48/lb)  and going by the new "average" of 34 cans per pound you would need to pick up close to 544 cans, depending on local sales tax :)   

LOL i have about 90 if you want them  ;D.......... joking

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2009, 10:46:40 PM »

Lessee... 544 cans... divided by the number of beer-drinkin' rednecks that use my road on a weekly basis to do whatever it is rednecks do out here... times the number of beers a single specimen can drink... then multiplying by an arbitrary value representing how long it takes me to pick up a can and reach the next...  equals I should be able to pick up enough cans in any given mile of road out here on any given Monday to buy a figure.  Per mile.  Every week.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ;D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2009, 10:48:01 PM »
LOL i have about 90 if you want them  ;D.......... joking

Hey, that's a buck-fifty right there already!  I'll be right over.....   8)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2009, 07:23:31 AM »
LOL. Maybe we can all start turning em in to get some SW spending money! Good to see you around Doc.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2009, 07:27:56 AM »
Doc! Where the heck have you been? I
Think that it's that slow cure time that's kept me from trying the clear stuff yet. There has got to be a quicker version out there.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2009, 10:32:36 AM »
LOL. Maybe we can all start turning em in to get some SW spending money! Good to see you around Doc.

You know...we have our own graphic artist, why  not have our own community project?

Think of the fun getting t shirts made and spending a few idle hours collecting cans...all the while squirelling away funds for toys.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »
I'm back.  Long, dark winter.

Am back out on a pipeline job, which helped my mood considerably.  Anyway, I've got a lot of PMs and threads to work on catching up on and new people to get to know.  I also have some new projects to share with the crew here, once I figure out WHY photobucket and my new network don't get along well enough to let me upload.  Anyway, I'm back even if it will be at a much-reduced level of activity.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
good to hear from ya doc  was getting worried my friend ..thought the seppies had got ya! ..lol
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2010, 08:48:27 AM »
hey Doc  Jay and i where only talking  about where you were the other day, great to have you back buddy!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:51:37 PM by TheCloneCommander »

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
Doc, great to hear from you. I had missed you and seriously been thinking for the last 2 weeks what happened to the DOC? great timing and welcome back!