Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52312 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2009, 07:01:55 AM »
Sgt. Major for life! I did notice that nice work on the garage. It really is looking quite nice Doc. I hope we get to see some pics of the cutter in action too. LOL. Sounds like it ought to work good though.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2009, 12:46:25 PM »
Oh dear, I've had an idea.  I discovered Windows Movie Maker on my computer.  I am now strongly tempted to not do a photonovel, exactly, but more of a slideshow.  So then I find this gent on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/heroicpose, making radio-dramas.  So...an idea exploded.  I should - someday - make a "still-movie" with complete audio cast!!

Yes, my brain is still hurting.  I suspect it would require a HUGE effort.

Rebe suggests I don't set out to tackle this project as my first photo-novel.

I also have a story to go along with it, setting it on Outland Station.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2009, 02:51:28 PM »
i use windows movie maker an awful lot on my vids its bloody handy i can tell u visit   http://www.typenow.net/themed.htm  to download lots of cool fonts to use on it
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »
Awesome!!  Thanks for the heads-up!

And, as a juicy tidbit, here's today's fooling around WMM output, "The Babbling Bounty Hunter"!!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:37:46 PM by DocOutlands »

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »
Some days you win, some days the Flux wins.  I think today the Flux outscored me by a significant margin.  I had wanted to sit down at one of the Assembly Platforms and turn out some work, but chores around the 'Station kept me busy.  Rebe got shafted today on work-scheduling and ended up with a 12-hour shift.  Got another one coming up next week, too.  Thankfully, that particular manager has been moved to another department since performing so poorly on scheduling assignments.

I was in the galley most of the day, primarily on clean-up duty.  I did manage to get in a workout with increased weights first, then I started in.  Sheesh.  Of course, I also did schooling with all three of the kids, so there went a chunk of time.  Then I cooked lunch for the crew.  Thankfully, I had a holoproj and some 'discs handy, so I was able to stay entertained.

Spent over two hours on the holocomm with various people who had nothing better to do than just talk.  Had to unload and sort the latest shuttle-load Rebe and I hauled from the deep-storage facility.  Got the kids off with family for a while tonight and sat down to sort and stack credi-chips.  Yes, the 'Station-owner, counting credi-chips!  Sad, isn't it?

Laneena Sh'Fallon, the Twi'lek swoop-racer, visited the 'Station last week.  She was in-system for a race.  She placed a close second, with us cheering her the whole way.

I've got some ideas for furniture pieces that I think would go over well.  I'd intended to sit down and work on translating some of them from ideas to actual designs today.  So much for that.  Maybe in the morning, while Rebe is out for her run and everyone else is still asleep.  Hey, a geebee can hope!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »
Bad storm here - just lost power.  Gonna shut down and go to bed...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »
Well, I made a sad sad discovery today.  When you make your 1350th post, you get demoted from SgtMaj to Lieutenant!!  Arrrrgggghhhh!!   ::) 8)

I've been on the bloody phone all dang day - was getting low-batt chirps from a phone that was hooked up on the charger when I started.  Sheesh.

It is raining.  Still.  Hard to take parts outside to paint them with water falling out of the sky.  On a related note, WalMart has a digital hygrometer for measuring indoor humidity for $7.50.  That would be *most* handy for my mold and cast operations.

ALMOST have all the stuff moved out of the trailer-house.  Made another run in the car last night while Rebe was at work.  Discovered someone had kicked in the door at the trailer-house sometime between Tuesday afternoon and last night.  Apparently they think my trailer-house is THEIR private property and got offended that I would have the temerity to actually - God forbid - LOCK THE DOOR.  They stole two packs of (REALLY old) cigarettes (planned to make bug spray from them) and my cordless drill/driver - this time.  They *may* have stolen Rebe's class ring, as I don;t remember seeing it in the pile when I picked up that jewelry box.  I'll double-check that when she gets home, as the jewelry box is in the trunk of her car.

They've toted off a metric ton of stuff from around and in the trailer on numerous trips already.  But they have always left the tv (too big and heavy? old?), change-jars, and computers.  Instead, they take stuff like cooking utensils, decorative knick-knacks, a climbing stand, a walk-behind plow, a heat-gun (but left the rest of the shrink-wrapping machine?!?), and pawed thru my model-parts organizer.  I *think* they took my small sword collection, but I may have loaded them into a rough-tote and forgot which one it is in.  Makes me just so angry that they act like the stuff is *theirs* when it is obvious I'm coming and going, moving my stuff out.  Oh, and they "borrowed" my dad's car-hauling trailer a while back.  I left notes in the mailboxes of everyone on the road that the "borrower" had one week to bring it back or the owner I had borrowed the trailer from would be filing a stolen vehicle report.  Funny how it turned up on the side of the road 36 hrs later, less than a quarter-mile away.  That narrows my suspect-list down a lot.

Rebe says she thinks we almost had a run-in with them a couple of weeks ago.  We ended up overnighting at the trailer unexpectedly and she thinks a 4-wheeler pulled up into the driveway then left when they saw the active vehicle pulled up in the yard by the front door.  Too bad they didn't come on in - I'd'a put a STOP to that foolishness in a supersonic hurry.  Almost enough to inspire me to lay in an ambush and nail the b'turds to the wall this week.  I might yet do it - have Rebe leave me and some overnight gear and head home with a car-load of stuff so there's no vehicle to give away the trap and then come back the next morning for another load.  Hmmm...  Think I'll start assembling a load-out list...  flak-vest, spotlight, zip-tie cuffs...  Nice to know I can assemble all this without having to leave the house.  Ah, well, we'll see what we see.  I'm just glad we're almost done getting our stuff out of there and GLAD WE MOVED.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2009, 05:51:13 PM »
Wow, sounds like those thieves are really bad. I believe a phone call to the local authorities is in order Doc. Be careful.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2009, 05:56:04 PM »
yeah just be very careful Doc, could get messy...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
I'll be calling the Sheriff's office tomorrow and reporting it.  As for messy, yeah, it could - but I'm good at making messes.  It's the cleaning up that I suck at.  But I don't want to run the risk of adding any new ventilation holes to the trailer for the new owner to have to fix.  ;)  Besides, judging from the number of emptied beer cans and occasional spilled beer I've encountered, they'd be incapable of doing anything other than raving incoherently when faced with an organized threat.

But I'm ALMOST DONE moving my stuff out and then I won't have to worry about them stealing the stuff out of my house.  And Rebe made sure I knew booby-traps were illegal.  Darnit.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2009, 06:30:25 PM »
I have a few things at my work that would help .. ;D...but i'm a tad far  away Doc sorry... :(

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2009, 06:42:35 PM »
Well, I deeply appreciate the moral(?) support, ner vod!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »
You're a big one, aren't ya?

Yeah, I'd wait overnight just for shits and giggles, once your stuff is out, of course.

I'm sure you could have a load of fun with them.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
Big enough to do the job...  ;D

I think I was right at 200# when that pic was shot - 5'10" & former Marine.  Today, I was 194# but have been working out recently, so the belly is a bit flatter.  Just your average guy...

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
Big enough to do the job...  ;D

I think I was right at 200# when that pic was shot - 5'10" & former Marine.  Today, I was 194# but have been working out recently, so the belly is a bit flatter.  Just your average guy...

I was a marine mascot when I worked private security, meaning I was the fat guy that all the marines hung out with, nice breaking up stuff, but horrible for the self esteem.

If I wasn't fat, I'd be tiny, so there is some positive, :)