Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52332 times)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2009, 08:35:33 PM »
I got it out of Sunday's paper, but I'm sure you can find it online.

I just googled and came up with nothing, though, :(

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2009, 07:01:01 AM »
Isnt there a link on TRU site for a weekly shopper ad?
I havent looked online there in such a long time, but every other store site has one.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2009, 07:11:08 AM »
Dana, I believe that if you follow this link and fill out the two pieces of info, you will be directed to a page where you can sign up to get the weekly adds.

https://secure.ed4.net/toysrus/preferencecenter/prefs.cfm

You will have to register with their site for this to work.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:13:03 AM by Clonehead »

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2009, 07:58:53 AM »
I think I am already registered, since I have made a few online purchases from them, but I opted out of the ad emails. probably just need to turn on that account option again.
Thanks for the info. maybe there will be one close by and we can get deals at both TRU and Walmart if they will price match.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2009, 08:16:27 AM »
Thankee for that link!  Rebe says the price-matching deal is most likely a region-by-region thing and that our other local WM - in a different region from the one she works in - may well match it.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2009, 03:32:06 PM »
our walmart matches, I've bought way too many figs this week, :)

heck, I have 14 on my trade list, :)

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »
I'm sure I'd have to have a print ad to get this other store to match it - wonder if I could take my laptop in and show them the info on the website.....   ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2009, 06:08:59 AM »
I just found out I was already signed up on this list, but had to reset preferences to start getting the emails. Good link Clint. Might want to fp this one sometime when things get calm, if that ever happens! I am not complaining about that by the way!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »
I re-earned my nick last night.  7pm, I get a call from home - I was an hour's drive away and would normally not be getting home for another 3-4 hours - but for an emergency, could be home in about an hour.  Seems Keke's newly-pierced ear had swollen up and swallowed her earring.  It was bleeding a little, but Bren got that stopped in short order while we were talking.  so, after about 20 minutes of talking Bren thru an attempt at removing the jewelry, we decided to call a break.  I had my cousin walk around and check on things after that.  Long story short, Bren kept his head and calmed an almost-hysterical Keke down to the point she was ready to fix supper.  +1 to him!  After talking to my cousin, called home and told them to leave it alone so it wouldn't be irritated and tender when I got in to look at it. 

Got in ~11pm.  You couldn't see the earring from the front.  Holy... that wasn't exactly what I was expecting!  We went into field surgery mode, trying to push it back out - much screaming - pull it all the way thru - much MORE screaming at the mere thought - and just generally get it at least exposed, if not removed.  Orajel makes a great topical anesthetic, btw.  Well, Lonnie was hanging in there with us, worried about her sister and not wanting her sis to be without a comforter during a difficult time.  Finally, sleep was getting to Lonnie and I asked Rebe to take her to her bed and snuggle her up real good.

At that point, I was able to get some real progress made.  I could *almost* get the earring pushed forward thru the front of her ear like it should be - but the backing was in the way.  Now, the working area was squirming and covered in orajel and wound seepage.  Not an easy place to be!  In the end, I used a pair of side-cutters to hold the post of the stud and a pair of flat-nose pliers to work the back off in two stages.  That was the least painful part.  I basically SAT on Keke and worked the post to line the setting up with the hole in the front and started pushing.  JUST as the first tiny piece cleared the surface - covered in ... stuff, she starts wailing "I can't take any more, stopstopstop!"  Now, earlier, we'd talked about it and I'd told her that once I got it lined up and started out, it was GONNA HURT.  But that thing HAD to come out before she went to bed.  She understood and agreed that once I had it started out, I couldn't afford to stop for anything short of severe trauma to her body.  So when she started to squirm and scream she couldn't take any more, I just held her down with my body-weight and SHOVED on it until it slid free.  I could tell the intense pain was gone, because she stopped screaming immediately, just lay there sobbing as I cleaned up her ear.

Rebe put a pair of small hoops in to replace the studs and as of today, the ear is slightly bruised around the piercing hole but has good color and no swelling.  Bren says she has been very subdued and polite today.  Wonder why.  ;)

Only thing I didn't have that the ER would have used was injectable lidocaine.  And I had a functional workaround.

I finally got to bed at 2am+ and got up at 830am so I could take Rebe to work then go retreive her cellphone - which had gotten left behind the night before, so that was an hour trip each way.  Now I gotta go pick her up in about 2 hrs.  wheeeee.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »
Wow Doc, that was some story. Glad everything worked out. I ain't getting my little girls ears pierced ever after that story!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
Sounds like a real nightmare, doc. I still have troubles in the area where I pierced my ear in the steak house parking lot on the way to an iron maiden concert 23 years ago.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2009, 12:37:29 PM »
Sounds like a real nightmare, doc. I still have troubles in the area where I pierced my ear in the steak house parking lot on the way to an iron maiden concert 23 years ago.

wuss.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2009, 01:01:45 PM »
Happy to report her ear is doing quite well - had some minor bruising around the hole, but the swelling and pain both went away.  She's wearing small hoops now, rather than studs.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »
sounds like quite the little trooper.
my daughter would have had to be taken to the hospital... she dont do well with stuff  like that, and i would have really not dealt well with all the hoopla...
but she got her ears pierced at 14 days old, thanks to her mom on a road trip in Germany.
they have doctors and nurses there who do that stuff at special piercing studios in some places. I know the lady was a nurse, because we saw her a few weeks later on a tv show there... all about body piercing and tatoos and stuff like that.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2009, 11:17:44 PM »
Insanity abounds.  I happened to notice earlier today that my little "board rank" tag now reads "Sgt. Major" out there.  Holy Smokes!  I got to poking around on the members list and found out as far as posts go, I've got more posts than fully HALF of the mod/admin team!  My wife says, "And this is surprising how?  You don't have anything *else* to do..."  I hope there's not any higher ranks, I'd kinda like to be a Sgt-Maj. for the rest of my stay in this wonderful place.  (ok, I'd love to be THE Sgt-Maj!  I got here first!  It's MINE!  Y'all just go be an Admiral or Commander or something!  Leave thsi one to me!)

Worked on the Garage a bit this evening.  I need to try out that hot-wire cutter idea and get moving with this beast.  I did run spackling compound into most of the cut-seams this evening, leaving a gap in the area where I'll be cutting thru to remove the rear wall.  I'll take pics of tonight's work and post them tomorrow - too tired to screw with it tonight.  I'm sure I'd do something wrong.

Barring the sudden discovery of the exact right parts I'd need to build a Rebel AAC-1 speeder from Battlefront II, I've pretty well firmed up my contest entry.  Bout time, eh?  Seeing as we're less than...3 weeks out from the deadline?  And I need to make molds for several heads, to boot, at least two of which will be used on the contest entry...

Ok, I think I'm beyond babbling and getting into the drifting off in the middle of a thought, so I'll shut this down and go to bed.