Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52283 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »
Don't ask how, but Outland Station managed to get ahold of a Captain America Liberty Jet.  Now, mounting a pair of ducted fans, it's painfully obvious that she's no space fighter.  And, interestingly, she sports only a single weapon-station, mounting two spring-fired missiles.  But the laddies in the Chop Shop are salivating!  Rumor has it she'll be worked into the Fixer-verse as one of the already-mentioned 'speeders with which the droid has had previous contact. 

A repaint is a necessity, of course.  And the fold-down front landing gear will likely be replaced with a ski-style rig instead of the wheel-system currently in place.  Her rear landing points are the tips of her winglets.  I'm not real keen on that idea, so I may kit out some struts back there, as well.  But I might just leave it all as-is. 

Heck, she's a beauty just as she sits, needing nothing but a repaint in a more 'verse-friendly scheme to fit right in - and stand out all over again.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »
This past weekend was GenCon - if you are a gamer, you know what I mean.  If you recall, I mentioned back in the spring I had helped playtest some modern RPG rules for the Pathfinder RPG.  Well, since then, they wanted to redo/revamp the rules-set and have it ready in time for GenCon.  I think over the course of 48 hours of the weekend before GenCon, we generated something like 5 manuscripts with revisions ranging from simple errata/typo corrections to incorporating a newly-released set of vehicle rules.  It was a wild time!

Well, in the end, the good folks at GameRoom Creations gave me not *just* the playtester credit from Ver1.0, but *added* "Rules Editor" credit!  Quite exciting...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »
Congratulations Doc, do you have a link we can go look at all this neat stuff?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »
Doc, that's awesome!  Congrats, and can't wait to see more of this.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2011, 04:31:42 AM »
Very cool Doc!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #320 on: August 14, 2011, 07:30:05 AM »
The group's website is Game Room Creations, but there's not really a whole lot there.  They are four guys (I know one's a full-time firefighter) who have regular jobs and do this in their spare time.  It is available for sale at DriveThruRPG. (currently on sale for $3.99, regular price $4.99)  It's a Pathfinder-compatible rules-set, which is derived from D&D 3.5.  Interestingly, Pathfinder has started outselling D&D, based on industry reports.  Hasbro made a LOT of folks mad over moving from 3.5 to 4 and then a lot *more* folks who tried 4th Edition switched to Pathfinder because 4th Ed. just didn't play well.

On a related note, Fantasy Flight Games has the license for Star Wars games now.  Should be interesting to see what they come out with!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #321 on: August 15, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
Folks, I very rarely make a request like the one I am about to make.  I just got a call alerting me to a job-fair in two days for a fairly local plywood plant to be held here in town.  They will only be seeing two groups of 20 people and will be conducting interviews on the spot in order to fill a variety of positions.  You betcha I'll be there.  So for those of you so inclined, I would deeply appreciate prayers, good thoughts, candles, whatever support you can put out there that this will be 1) good for me and my family, that 2) I'll be selected for an interview, and 3) I'll get a job offer from it.  Thanks!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #322 on: August 15, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
Consider it a done deal on my part Doc. Good luck!

Spookymufu

« Reply #323 on: August 15, 2011, 12:38:55 PM »
Folks, I very rarely make a request like the one I am about to make.  I just got a call alerting me to a job-fair in two days for a fairly local plywood plant to be held here in town.  They will only be seeing two groups of 20 people and will be conducting interviews on the spot in order to fill a variety of positions.  You betcha I'll be there.  So for those of you so inclined, I would deeply appreciate prayers, good thoughts, candles, whatever support you can put out there that this will be 1) good for me and my family, that 2) I'll be selected for an interview, and 3) I'll get a job offer from it.  Thanks!

I'm job hunting too, so I will light a candle tonight for you!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #324 on: August 15, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »
best of luck, Doc.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
Good luck Doc!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »
Yah, so - I barely squeeked into the first session.  I ended up being the last interview of the day.  I was one of the two best-dressed folks who showed.  I took notes.  I actually had questions for the interviewer.  One of those questions stumped my original interviewer and she had to hand it off to the other guy, who'd popped in halfway thru, since he'd finished his stack.  I'll be hearing back from them within a couple of weeks for the next step.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2011, 01:23:28 PM »
Sounds good Doc! Good luck buddy!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:02 AM »
You've been doing good!
We'll still keep our fingers crossed for you.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Spookymufu

« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2011, 08:29:05 AM »
ah, I'm glad the candle worked, I'll light another one for you tonight