Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52336 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
Thanks!  Body of a Greek god, face of a true dork - thus the shemagh!  He made me hold off sending in sample pics for 3 weeks so he could get back into his PowerFlex routine.  Yeah, um...it worked.  ;D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
Some of you may remember my mentioning I had three articles published in a new gaming e-zine back at the beginning of March (which has a 4-star rating on RPGNow.com, btw!).  Well, the publication is intended to be a quarterly publication, so they are working on getting issue #2 together.  So I come in at lunchtime from church and open my email and discover... an email direct to me personally asking if I was interested/intending to contribute to issue #2!!!  I know of at least one other contributor who did *not* receive such an email.

I assume it is proper to feel flattered!

So time to get busy on articles again.  Fortunately, I have three in mind already.  Making them happen is the big hurdle.  ;)

Several molds are curing right now, full of clear parts including a datapad that cast quite well in opaque resin.  My flexible resin experiment didn't turn out too well last night - I think I didn't give the parts enough in-mold curing time, so I'll try again soon.  Of course, I may have simply selected the wrong resin for the particular job.  Time - and further experimenting - will tell.

I *almost* cast my first hand weapon last night.  I think it is ideal for a trip into the pressure pot - possibly with a mold redesign first, to make it more effective.

The pressure molding experiment failed.  The molds that were cured under pressure produce casts that look more at home in a Salvador Dali painting!  So I have a few molds that need to be redone.  (I need vacuum degassing gear...)

So that's about where I'm at today - oh, and the migraine Friday and the seized-up back yesterday and this morning.  So, overall, it's been a GREAT week!

Offline jedi_randy

• Lieutenant
    • Tales from the Mos Eisley Carinderia
« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
Wow, you have all the reason in the world to be flattered! Great job!

[Using the Force, Yoda effortlessly frees the X-Wing from the bog]
Luke: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.

Spookymufu

« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2011, 10:14:31 AM »
any updates on, oh, say a hoth BP box and Hoth tach screen? :)

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »
I'm back!  The past few weeks have been CRAZY!  I've got to dig up the list I made the other day, but it started with a game-publisher contacting me to see if I were interested in getting articles in the upcoming issue of Infinite Horizons.  Why yes!  So I got busy - 2 new articles and half of a third (which will end up in the NEXT issue) for starters.  Lots of writing going on for those and some other things - not much in the way of action figures.  Well, I'm working on catching up, which should overjoy Spook!  I've got a couple of new molds that I will be debuting very very soon.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
Great to hear from you Doc. I figured you had shipped out for a while. I am ready to send the stuff we talked about as I am eager for that Cloud Car.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2011, 07:11:56 AM »
I'll get the box out mid-week - I'd held off on it because I wanted to get one of these tactical consoles tucked in with it when it shipped.  Naturally, that turned into its own adventure. *snort*

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2011, 07:15:43 AM »
Awesome! I'll be ordering 2 of those Hoth boxes as well.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
Now it's MY turn to go back to work.  Found out today that I'm taking over the last few days of a project starting in the morning - maybe 4 weeks.  12+hr days, 7 days a week - gotta love construction.  Fortunately, it is local enough I stay at home rather than have to relocate 500 miles, so I can finish off these outstanding projects.  (Spry, I've got a figure missing that I need to find before I can send your box - have to find what safe place I tucked him into) (Spook, I just need to pkg up your originals and some casts and get them heading your way)

I'll be keeping an eye on the boards occasionally, but if you need to get ahold of me, just send a PM - I get an email alert for every PM.  My online time will be rather limited to a small window in the evenings, because the jobsite doesn't have net access this time.

So, now y'all know why I'm about to be even scarcer!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2011, 03:40:52 AM »
Well, glad you are going back to work!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #310 on: May 31, 2011, 09:35:40 AM »
There is that... now I can afford some toys that I won;t get to play with for a while...

Rumor has it that I'll be going back to south TX fairly soon, too.  Sounds like a rather lengthy project this time.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »
Man, its like we trade back and forth with work. Good to hear that you are going back. I have been home for a week.

Spookymufu

« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »

Rumor has it that I'll be going back to south TX fairly soon

oh?
where abouts?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
I've got a week left on this project and then we'll see about TX.  The project manager headed for Odessa to look at a site that is about to kick off.  Quite a bit of work is starting up again down between Laredo and San Antonio.  Where I'll end up - who knows.

Spookymufu

« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
aww, well, too bad you wont be in my neck of the woods