Imperial Community > Sports

Fishing

<< < (2/23) > >>

Clonehead:
wE had a lot of fun fishing in Warsaw out of Truman lake Friday! Caught several Perch, some catfish, and one bass. Most were small but one monster cat was looking about 18 inches long. He fought all the way in and nearly snapped my pole. As I pulled him from the water the line broke and I lost him. We are going back this weekend and I am going to restring that pole with some line of a more stout nature.

Tamer:
Man, I have too many stories of the one that got away too. It is starting to look like my first fishing is gonna be ocean the week after next. I have some good stories of ones that have just pulled the hook from the line fishing the ocean too. I haven't really done too good the last few years, but there is always a shark or a skate to reel in. I would love to see some sea trout or "weakfish" start hitting again like they were years ago when I decided to sink the coin to buy a surf pole.

Hope you get that big one Clint. Snap some pics! It might be the only way I see fish this summer!

Clonehead:
I will take some pics when we go back this weekend, buddy.

Darth C:
Well hopefully I'll get up the the big pond of Mille Lacs Lake on sunday and try and see if I can snag some big Walleyes.  There is quite a bit of natural forage for them this year and it seems like the bite is pretty hit and miss.

Tamer:
Well I went camping this weekend for the first time with my little gal and we came home early because of thunderstorms all night last night and got soaking wet, but my little girl hauled in her first fish! Pics to follow. I will let you judge who is happier though. Man, that little girl, ain't scared of anything slimy or crawly or frisky. She grabbed hold of that bass like it was nothing. She only got upset when we let it go. She sure isn't gonna have a problem with daddy bringing home a few to eat. The lake I fished was called Jennings Randolph Lake and it is beautiful with some of the best shoreline and structural areas I have ever seen. The problem is I just can't figure out the particulars of it and there are only a few areas you can fish from the bank. Most of the lake goes out a few feet from shore and drops off the thirty or fourty feet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version