Author Topic: Customs in progress  (Read 5730 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Customs in progress
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 07:51:42 AM »
    I based team "Redwing" off of a form of intimidation the USN SEAL Teams used back in Vietnam. A form of camoflauge known as "Improper Camo."
Basically what it is, SEALs will paint their face with some kind of design, like a skull face. So if you can imagine a Viet Cong soldier soldier walking along a trail at night. And then all of a suddenly a man with skull face pops up and cuts your throat.

You done gave me an idea.....

Clone  with a skull mask?

Pretty much!  A ghost-faced ninja would be even better, *IF* I were capable of pulling that off.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
Very nice, expect to see these on the fp soon.

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 03:41:28 PM »
Nice! I would like to see a breakdown or an in detail explanation of that backpack. On a side note does anyone know what kind of rifle/machine gun that Navy SEAL was carrying in Nam?

Yep, it's a Stoner LMG. 
Expect to see a video soon of an explanation of the pack and other stuff.
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »
wow

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »

In the early stages of the Grand Army of the Republic, Jango Fett noticed a massive problem with armies Special Operation Brigade. Although Many of the operations conducted were sucessful, there was a problem with intelligence work. The soldiers whom were conduction them, were clone troopers. And this made things particularly difficult. If a clone was in the field posing as a civilian in order to infiltrate behind enemy lines and act as a spy. He would tend to draw attention to himself, because there are 15 million others who look like him, and 3 others around him who also look exactly alike.
   So a new Detachment of Special Operations Brigade was created. The Special Warfare Development Teams. There were 3 teams, Team 1, 5, and 11. In order to make the enemy think that were 11 teams, not 3. Each Team is conprised of 100 Operators, Team - 100 men, company - 50, Platoon 25, squad 10, and then a squad can be broken up into smaller groups. When Jango went out to look for warrior eligable for the 3 week selection training. He looked for non-cloned commandos, ARCs, and other non-cloned soldiers under special Operations brigade who have excelled above their fellow warrior clone troopers. The first class of soldiers to go SWDT's selection training, was a class of 165 soldiers. This included the now operators of Redwing, Axe, Hawks, Duece, and Vegas. Each week of selection was a new evolution, indoctrination evolution 1. This was just a week for the soldiers to fine-tune basic skills like navigation, and simple techniques that will help in days to come. The 2nd Evolution was one too weed out the weak, this consisted of a 50-mile cross-country Forced March, Long distances swim in a full combat armor, and many other tough exercises. At this point, students were given 1 day to recover. And then the last phase. 3rd Evolution also known as "Hell Week" it starts early in the moring  around 1 or 2 o'clock. While the students are sleeping and them, seeming all hell breaks loose. Their immediately woken up and thrown into the "Mosh Pit" a dug out mud pit filled with about a foot of water. Forced crawl al 50 meters and then they get to the logs, divided up into teams, doing cunches, lifts, running with it, a 450lb telephone pole.
   this goes on for about 6 1/2 days. Oh and it's conducted under combat conditions. So no sleep, and their is constantly someone yelling at you and making your life difficult. When hellweeks is over, the class went from 165, down to 25. After the students rejoice and celebrate, their given a day off. And then move Coruscant for advanced weapon system training. They hown their skills to be infinately better than the average clone. They train with almost every weapon system, and even aerial platform shooting. Then after about a 2 months, they move onto more advanced combat techniques. Their practice close quarters combat, urban warfare, breaching, escapes, shooting and moving and operating in the field as a team. After about 3 months, the students go to Scout Sniper training. practicing shooting with a precision rifle, relaying information to am assault team, and counter sniper tactics.
   Soon after Scout Sniper school, the students train in tactical drving, and some types of flying. Once they have complete their Direct Action training, Intelligence training began. They learned how to spy and conduct secret operation. Some Shadow Troopers were brought in to help instruct them on how gather inteligence alone in the field, how to link-up with other operators, and prepare an assault on their target and capture, or kill it. After the students have gone through all the training, they are given one last test. This would test all their skills. Class 1's (Redwings class) mission was to locate and capture a high ranking terrorist leader, and swiftly capture him for trial in front of a jury.
during the 2 week operation each operator is given 5 hours from mission breifing, until the local Law enforcement begin to track them down. They were reported by their intructors to be a terrorist organization planing an assault on Courascant.
   Once the class finishes, they go to graduate and are assign a Team. Redwing was assigned Team 1.

If you liked this description of their traning, let me know, and maybe I'll actually write a short story about the selection and training of SWDT. That actually is about the oeprators of Team Redwing, rather than just paraphrasing it.         

Alright here is what I have done since. A quick look at my progress with the stand (Working on putting a team emblem in the center). And a look at the the entire team and thier weapons.

Can't quit, don't die.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »
Nice man!

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
Alright I'm gonna be starting my next set of customs. So here is a teaser.  I'm a fan of the Battlefield series, and thought this would be neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHuZMQU2_s
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:32:20 AM by NightStalker »
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »
Here are some customs I have been working on.

The first is a Vintage Sand Trooper. I added a half camma and some paint applications.

The second is a team of trooper I am doing to a friend of mine.                             

Hope you like 'em.
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 06:55:25 PM »
looks awesome i like that sandtrooper

Offline trooperfelks

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
thosse troopeer looks great dude keep up the good work dude
One shall stand < one shall fall

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »
awesome
I like the Stormtrooper with half Kama

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 11:14:04 AM »
nice trooper there!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »
That sandtrooper looks cool.

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 07:36:04 PM »
I'll have more, and better picture when I am finished this weekend.
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 05:03:29 AM »
Sweet stormy, back on the front page.