Author Topic: Squirepec7's Custom Figures: Update 1-24-11  (Read 66243 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Squirepec7's custom figures
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 01:54:54 AM »
excellent custom mate

the colours fit perfectly together

Can't wait to see the other customs

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
nice figures, it's nice to see someone else doing concept sketches of their ideas before they build them! The sketches look great.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 11:29:50 AM »
My new customs should be up in two weeks. Im going to Kansas City, MO tomorow for my shopping thing I do on my birthday. Won't exactly be on my birthday but my parents have to work on Monday so anyway I will be buying stuff to make resin parts. None of my figures so far will have removable helmets because I don't want to cut up my figures.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 11:51:52 PM »
sounds great mate

oh and happy birthday

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »
Finally bought my paint today so I can get the clones painted but I decided to just make them without resin parts because I ran out of money at the time.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 04:24:28 PM »
Captain Drain and Major Ninor look like two great customs.  I can't wait to see them.  Also, those are some great pieces of art.  You could probably post them in the Artwork section if you wanted to!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 12:31:20 PM »
Done. Posted the pics in the artwork section of this page so go and be on the lookout.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
Finally finished Commander Breaker of the 42nd All Weather Battalion or the "The Rainy Day Squad" before I had to go to boy scouts tonight so without further ado here he is!!

Close up

And a shot of the back.

Hope you all like him!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:35:41 PM by Squirepec7 »

Offline clone commando7

• Cadet
  • Squirepec7's little brother
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
WOW!! Bro he turned out nice. I may be only 11 but I made my first custom that is pretty sweet, but that is beside the point he is just WOW!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:05:01 PM by clone commando7 »
Dead or Alive, I get paid either way.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 07:49:36 PM »
Ok then post it off my photobucket account then later. Can't wait to see it since you won't let me help.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 10:26:32 PM »
The figure looks great, it has alot of potential.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm going to give you a little constructive criticism. 

I realy like the figure, I think that physically it has great construction.

However, you realy need to practice your paint work.  they are alright and if your happy with them that's all that realy matters.   I know my first customs were not too different, so don't think I'm talking down to you.  Hell, some of my current customs still could have better paint apps...   

Paint apps, color schemes, and the final detais will make or break a great figure.  For instance, I've seen some customizers take a HORRIBLE looking chap-mei figure (those realy cheap trashy toys you get at the dollar stores) and repaint them into something that looks like a production model.

Start practicing with multiple coats of paint.  The biggest thing I see here that could be touched upon is that the green isn't quite covering the figure that well.  you can see the individual brush strokes and you can still see some of the white armor underneath. 
You are probably like me, when I first started out I was impatient and didn't take time to let the paint dry and go through multiple applications...  I noticed a few fingerprints in your figure's paint as well, and going slow, painting a little at a time and waiting for it to dry before continuing will prevent accidents like that, but furthermore going over them a second or third time will cover them up too! 

The last thing I think you could do even better on is your weathering, the dirt smudges of brown look too much like brushstrokes.  Try letting your brush dry out more and applying it in smaller ammounts.  use an even smaller brush.  Experiment with the toothbrush splatter technique for getting mud splatter on the figure...

Again, I like this figure, I realy do.  the custom shoulder pad is great. the overallcolor scheme is good, I think that it could be alot better.  Don't let this discourage you, I hope instead it urges you on to be more patient and work harder....    Bottom line in making an awesome figure is taking your time...

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 12:51:24 AM »
That is a great custom figure mate

I like the name of the squad "The Rainy Day Squad" really cool  ;D

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 06:18:53 AM »
Thanks he turned out okay didn't he.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 02:30:56 PM »
The figure looks great, it has alot of potential.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm going to give you a little constructive criticism. 

I realy like the figure, I think that physically it has great construction.

However, you realy need to practice your paint work.  they are alright and if your happy with them that's all that realy matters.   I know my first customs were not too different, so don't think I'm talking down to you.  Hell, some of my current customs still could have better paint apps...   

Paint apps, color schemes, and the final detais will make or break a great figure.  For instance, I've seen some customizers take a HORRIBLE looking chap-mei figure (those realy cheap trashy toys you get at the dollar stores) and repaint them into something that looks like a production model.

Start practicing with multiple coats of paint.  The biggest thing I see here that could be touched upon is that the green isn't quite covering the figure that well.  you can see the individual brush strokes and you can still see some of the white armor underneath. 
You are probably like me, when I first started out I was impatient and didn't take time to let the paint dry and go through multiple applications...  I noticed a few fingerprints in your figure's paint as well, and going slow, painting a little at a time and waiting for it to dry before continuing will prevent accidents like that, but furthermore going over them a second or third time will cover them up too! 

The last thing I think you could do even better on is your weathering, the dirt smudges of brown look too much like brushstrokes.  Try letting your brush dry out more and applying it in smaller ammounts.  use an even smaller brush.  Experiment with the toothbrush splatter technique for getting mud splatter on the figure...

Again, I like this figure, I realy do.  the custom shoulder pad is great. the overallcolor scheme is good, I think that it could be alot better.  Don't let this discourage you, I hope instead it urges you on to be more patient and work harder....    Bottom line in making an awesome figure is taking your time...
I know wharyou are say ing and I understand it took me maybe just 4 days to make him I should take more time later when I get better paint I will redo him. Thanks for the cunstuctive critism

Offline clone commando7

• Cadet
  • Squirepec7's little brother
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 02:39:44 PM »
Zach or (bro) can you help me with my customs please. See you at home later.
Dead or Alive, I get paid either way.