Author Topic: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures  (Read 43853 times)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
I might be interested in this line. Does any of you know if they're in scale with SW and GI Joe figures? What I like about these figures is that a lot of them have these skin tight suits. You can easily use that Daredevil torso to paint it in a skin tone, so it's a bare torso  :)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »
These are SLIGHTLY taller than Star Wars or G.I. Joe.  Not by a whole lot, and depending on which character, they're very usable as custom fodder.

Personally, I love these.  I wish they weren't $8.50, but they're awesome!

I picked up 2 more today, along with one that Wayne had sent me earlier this week, so I got Jean Grey, Warpath, and House of M Spider-Man

Jean Grey, the Jim Lee version everyone's been begging for for years: Disappointed.  No neck articulation, so she's always looking down, and her face is so far off it hardly looks like her.  She looks very uncomfortable.

Warpath: Probably my favorite figure in this line, period.  Warpath comes from my favorite X-Team of all time, X-Force, and his new, darker version of himself in a much darker and deadlier X-Force is fantastic, and this figure is built SO well!  I have nothing but praise for this one!

House of M Spider-Man: One of the few who knew the House of M alternative universe was false while he lived it, this version of Spider-Man was a celebrity, loved and admired by all.  Uncle Ben was alive and well, he was married to Gwen Stacy, and they had a child together.  It was Peter's greatest fantasy, yet lived in a nightmare.  An excellent looking costume, very detailed and vivid.  I'm not a huge Spider-Man fan, but I love this figure.

These are just short notations, not full reviews.  Stay tuned for those!

Offline DeathStarDroid

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
    • http://www.deathstarplans2.net/
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2009, 06:55:47 PM »
Do they come with stands?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
The newer ones do.  This latest wave is the first wave to come with them.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »
I might be interested in this line. Does any of you know if they're in scale with SW and GI Joe figures? What I like about these figures is that a lot of them have these skin tight suits. You can easily use that Daredevil torso to paint it in a skin tone, so it's a bare torso  :)

I belive that hasbro agrees with you as they have used that torso over and over and over.  Only thing bugs me about that is the inflated price tag on them, it would seen at that price they would try to spend more on molds rather than reusing the same one over and over. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »
Would love to get a cast of that Jean Grey Head.

On the whole though they haven't made anything I am interested in yet, where's cable or others like that, and I thought they would have done some War of Kings figures by now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:20:12 PM by Cimter »

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2010, 06:21:33 PM »
My guess would be Cable's popularity has wanned since the 90's he isn't nearly as popular as he used to be. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »
He's definitely one I'd like to see, and recently, his popularity in the Marvel Universe has risen again, so there's always a chance.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »
enchantress vs thor looks good.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2010, 08:35:43 AM »
I've FINALLY found some new Marvel Universe items!  Yesterday and today, I bought...

Colossus
Havok (1980s variant)
Kitty Pride
Juggernaut

I'm STILL looking for the Thor from last wave, and no sighting of the modern Havok or Archangel, which I need at least 3 of!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »
Got my SDCC Spider-Man, best spidey ever Love it. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »
I'd like the Galactus, but for $60, it's a bit steep for me.  I also really wanted the Ages of Thor figure, but I missed my shot, I believe.

On another note, I've found the variant Havok (80s version) and variant Archangel (Death Mask), but not the regular versions.  That's a rarity, but all of the Targets in my area got the variant cases instead of the regular ones!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
I'd like the Galactus, but for $60, it's a bit steep for me.  I also really wanted the Ages of Thor figure, but I missed my shot, I believe.

On another note, I've found the variant Havok (80s version) and variant Archangel (Death Mask), but not the regular versions.  That's a rarity, but all of the Targets in my area got the variant cases instead of the regular ones!

I beilieve (not certain) the retail version will be $40 to $50, only difference is the packaging and you get a Silver Surfer figure with it. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »
I've been on the prowl, thanks to the Holiday season, in search of the newer Marvel Universe figures.  A little success, a lot of failure, but what can ya do?  In the past week or so I've found Modular Armor Iron Man, Spider-Man 2099, and Spider Woman.  Still so many holes to fill in my collection, but I'm chipping away.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »
Many of the holes might be fillable in the next few months.  The gap between the current (World war hulk) and next wave is going to be slightly longer and filled with revision cases that are intended to give us some HTF figures like Archangel (Both), Havok (Ditto), Sunfire, Vision, Moon Knight, Bullseye, ect. ect.  Good chances people (like me) who have missed some important stuff will find it.