Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Contests

Star Wars No Paint Kit Bash 2017

<< < (3/16) > >>

Forceflow:
Nice work, guys. I'll be joining you shortly; just gotta sort through the pics.

Fett, I get a definite vintage vibe from yours. At first, I thought it was built out of old Kenner parts.

I-am-Boba-Fett:

--- Quote from: Tamer on May 15, 2017, 02:48:37 AM ---I am Boba Fett is on the front page for todays custom challenge focus. I do like that Bounty Hunter.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for that Tamer! It feels good to be back on the front page again. Thank you also for hosting this fun custom challenge!

I-am-Boba-Fett:

--- Quote from: Forceflow on May 15, 2017, 06:18:59 PM ---Nice work, guys. I'll be joining you shortly; just gotta sort through the pics.

Fett, I get a definite vintage vibe from yours. At first, I thought it was built out of old Kenner parts.

--- End quote ---

Forceflow,  Thank you for the compliment on my custom Ubese Bounty Hunter figure.  I really like how this custom kit bashed figure turned out. Can't wait to check out your entry once it's posted.

Forceflow:
AGENT MULDAR  First Order Security Bureau

Aux Muldar is a special agent of the First Order Security Bureau (FOSB), tasked with anti-smuggling and narcotics investigations. His affinity for non-human cultures and languages makes him an asset to the Bureau in dealing with underworld cartels. While his peers deride him as an "alien lover", First Order command recognizes the practicality of blending in.

Parts

* Head/torso/upper legs: Star Wars The Black Series Imperial Navy Commander
* Arms/lower legs/jacket: Star Wars Comic Packs Legacy #2 Cade Skywalker
* Rebreather: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra The Doctor
* Tubing/belt pack: fodder
Construction
Heat to swap joints. Dremel to modify joint holes and x-acto knife for accessories. Super glue to adhere mask, tubing, belt box.

It wasn't easy, but I resisted the urge to paint! Looking over a few WIPs on my table, I saw how many already had paint applied, even sparingly. Working in all black made it much easier. I'm a big fan of using like colors whenever possible, and black always looks good.

In the future, I could add some weathering and repaint the shoulder pad. All told, 90% of the construction was swapping parts from two figures. In my opinion, Cade was put to good use; he was creepy, and not in a good way. I'll have to find a use for his goofy head!

P.S. if the collage image violates the 4 images rule (since I have the big main image), I will happily revise and resubmit. Just thought I'd include a couple different views.

Tamer:
Wow, sweet bash. Off to share the latest!

Now that looks fantastic on the front pages. I was even able to recognize a few of those parts before I read your parts list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version