Author Topic: Upgraded Hasbro 1:6 Han Solo and Luke X-Wing pilot  (Read 120828 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Superarty Blanx RC post order 66 - NEW!
« Reply #885 on: April 01, 2013, 07:04:53 AM »
What an awesome RC! Very nice work Ray, this guy is most impressive! The paint work and weathering is just phenomenal! A figure like this takes so much dremel work! One thing I am wondering about the knee area. I think it would look even better if you cut the knee pad off the top of the shin guard and carve the plastic to make that shin guard look taller. Then sculpt the small amount of detail needed for the knee guard on the blank's knee that is currently behind that guard. Just an idea, as this is one great looking figure!

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #886 on: April 01, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »
Man, you do some great paints.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #887 on: April 01, 2013, 03:06:33 PM »
Wow thanks guys! Some really nice comments on here!

LE I have another two of these guys to chop and build - I shall definately take on your tips with their builds!

Thanks again,

Ray

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #888 on: April 01, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »
Those Blanx figures are looking mighty intriguing!  Willoughbian is correct: your paint skills continue to amaze.  This is a terrific rendition of an Imp Commando; the desert cam scheme is spot-on.  Excellent figure.  Just excellent!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #889 on: April 01, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »
Ray, once again, you are showing Hasbro how it is done! Great job!

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #890 on: April 04, 2013, 04:25:55 AM »
Very nice RC! It seems everyone is doing commandos at the moment! Lol!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #891 on: April 04, 2013, 04:35:08 AM »
woah! minty sweet!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #892 on: April 08, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »
Hey All

@ JMerc  thanks buddy, I have to keep pushing myself to keep up with the skills you guys all display!

@ Buba haha thank you very much - there are loads of folks on The Yards who could hangs Hasbro for the better!

@ Chad - they seem to come in groups don't they? I've been loving your awesome updates too, and recently popped the CD back into my PC for a blast...

@ Jay - mate thanks as always :) gutted that you won't be able to come to Collectormania :(

Does anyone else here attempt to rescue POTF2 heads? Here's a couple that I've dremelled out and modded slightly to fit on more modern figures...

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #893 on: April 08, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
Yes!  I've recently done some and plan on doing more. 

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
Re: 2 x New 'Supernatural' Hunters completed 04/29/13
« Reply #894 on: April 08, 2013, 11:56:43 PM »

@ Chris - mate the denim is nothing special, just blue acrylic then a drybrush of lighter blue. Followed by a dark Mig Wash with the excess wiped off with cotton wool. Finally another dry brushing of even lighter blue paint!

Blimey Ray! I think I've done we'll if I get a couple of layers of paint on without smudging it all! But your in a different universe to me! 'The denim is nothing special'!!!!! Lol! How far you have come! But not satisfied with a decent paint job, you just drill out other figures armour, them fit them onto a totally different figure, like you just changed your Action Mans outfit!!! Then  do any necessary sculpting work! Then you do another kick ass paint job on it and hey presto a totally new figure is born! Strooth! Take a moment to think back to when you first did a simple head swap! You have come a very very very long way since then!
Actually thinking about it many of you chaps have done a similar amazing journey! It's mind boggling! These figures are small and fiddley to work on! This site isn't about playing with toys it's about creating real works of art! Because not only are you creating the figures, but then vehicles ( love your mustang , can't wait to see that painted up!;) ) and whole dioramas and then learning how to add lighting & other effects & not to mention the incredible photography & PC effects etc etc etc! This site and you people blow my mind!!!!
Sorry! I think I went off on one there! Lol! :)

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
Re: WB's Aliens : Colonial Marines V2.0
« Reply #895 on: April 09, 2013, 04:26:48 AM »
Haha thanks Adam! :D I have learnt so much from the folks on here - but still have a long, long way to go!

This place is like a Jedi Academy of Customising!! Talking of improving your skills my next project is almost a go...One of my first ever runs of figures were my Aliens : Colonial Marines here's a group shot of the team...

Now in the light of the great work by my buddies Darth Optimus and ShamanLogRay I've decided to revisit these guys and try and update them. I want to do this in time for my anniversary in September so I can hopefully give Vicky a large dio for her study! This dio will include a 1:18 APC and a few figures...

The 13 figures that I'm working on will be a mixture of Colonial Marines, an AI Mech, Colonial Special Forces and two Dropship crew - all based on our RPG/Fanfic characters. Vicky writes some amazing Colonial Marines stuff, but it is very R-Rated so I've never got round to posting it on The Yards!!

To aid my upgraded figures I've been secretly stockpiling parts from the Hot Toys snap kits, Maurauder inc, GI Joe and some custom resin parts from our own Clonehead! Below is the Drake snap kit that I scored on the Bay - chopping this up will hurt but the end result will be worth it!!!

Anyway folks stay tuned for more...

WB Out!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #896 on: April 09, 2013, 04:43:51 AM »
Awesome, my comments are on the front page.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #897 on: April 09, 2013, 05:39:18 AM »
WB, a few notes:

1. The super-arty RC turned out really well. He needs the rest of his vod, then some Geos to sguash.
2. I too have been "rescuing" POTF2 heads. I've also used a couple of true vintgae alien head scpts.
3.  Dude, I cannot wait to see the USCM 2.0 team!  Great minds think alike...I am doing another squad also. Less "movie accurate", more artistic license. I also wanna do a few of the Weyland/Yutani commandos seen at the end of "Alien 3".
4. Keep up the good work!  Each post is more badass than the last!

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #898 on: April 09, 2013, 05:56:17 AM »
I can't wait to see the finished results and your APC! I'm sure your lady will love it and I'm sure they will all be far better than my efforts!  ;)
I'm also very interested to see your take on the Aliens theme Darth Optimus! Especially the Alien 3 marines! Which reminds me, have you both seen the other version of Alien3in the the quadrilogy set ?? It's sooooooooo much better than the original!! :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #899 on: April 09, 2013, 05:58:27 AM »
THAT IS SO COOL OF YOU RAY! Your wife is going to be blown away!
Yes, I too enjoy rescuing the older heads.