Author Topic: First Black Series HasLab Project  (Read 7787 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: First Black Series HasLab Project
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2021, 03:44:27 AM »
I have a Walker head Hemble made for me in 6" Scale. It is massive, but so freaking cool.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 03:39:12 AM »
The final reveals happen today at 11AM including the painted version and the final unlocks.

I am guessing they are realizing they might have messed this one up all the way around.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 04:41:43 AM »
Agreed. And I wonder why they put not only us, but also themselves under such pressure EVERY time they announce a HasLab. I mean it's the month before Christmas, which is the most expensive for many fans and collectors. So why do they only give us 31 days or so to back it?! Not only do they launch 2 HasLabs at once, but the minimum amount of backers has risen from 6,000 to 9,000 plus neither of the teams have a complete version of their project READY TO GO!
Why is that so? Why don't they finish the prototype including all planned tier goals BEFORE they announce the project so that all who are potentially interested decide to back it right away?
They could use the remaining time to advertise their project and make it available worldwide. I mean there are bigger items than shipped around the planet and Haslow don't need to pretend they don't have the logistics for that.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »
So after the Fan First Friday live stream the amount of pre-ordered units went down from 5,107 to 4,991 - guess that sums it all up...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2021, 06:28:29 AM »
So the latest reveals are on the front pages:

Now onto my reaction. Uh, WTH!

There are even less backers this morning!

Why in the world one of the unlocks wouldn't have been the Rancor Keeper is unfathomable? Sometimes I wonder if anyone on the brand team has even watched Star Wars.

They need someone like me who can keep them from doing things like this! >:D

At this stage of the game I am seriously considering dropping this.

I am sure the folks at Hasbro are stupified their "reveals" yesterday didn't push this over the backing number.

Is it a cool offering? Yeah, but they should have either lowered their price point or really included some great unlock goals. I guess hindsight is 20/20, but for the Black Series I wish they had picked something a little more over the top.

I keep going back to an AT-AT. There is probably no way we would ever get an AT-AT other than a crowdfunding platform like this. Or a Death Star Playset (heck in any scale) or a Star Destroyer or man can you imagine a Dagobah Playset done for six inch scale. I mean out of all the cool larger 6" stuff you had to choose from? And the backing count has gone down as I am writing this.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 06:51:45 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2021, 06:51:25 AM »
Yeah price was too high. Once they revealed the unlocks, people bailed. Lets be honest, unlocks aren't really made to be deciding factors. The unlocks for the razorcrest were pretty lame, but it didn't matter because the crest was worth it.
They have two other haslabs going simultaneously, and Super7 has that 500 dollar party bus, which is an insane price. I guess companies figure this time of year people just spend money without thinking. We aint getting any more stimmies, from the gubberment. Speaking of which inflation is through the roof, everything costs way more now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2021, 06:54:12 AM »
Yeah, whomever thought have three HasLabs going on at the same time was smart probably needs to have their head examined.

I mean the proton pack, the Skystriker, and the Rancor at the same time? It forces folks to choose between one and man the Rancor is last on that list.

I am almost tempted to revive the ole CAFN Podcast to talk about this.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2021, 07:21:52 AM »
I have been sitting here debating all morning.

Now all I can notice is how the head fits onto this thing. I mean I know they did it for the articulation, but it looks horrible. I mean bad, bad, bad.

Gonna think on it some more.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »
Out of the three haslabs the Ghostbusters proton pack is the only one funded. The striker is still at the halfway point too. The proton pack is cool. Nice to switch up to a prop. It's not for me, but it's cool.  I don't know much about the striker, but i guess it's marketed for vintage figures, but why not just get a vintage striker?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2021, 08:46:26 AM »
Now all I can notice is how the head fits onto this thing. I mean I know they did it for the articulation, but it looks horrible. I mean bad, bad, bad.

That's also the biggest issue I have with the design: The gap between head and neck looks awful. It rather looks like a tortoise, but not like a Rancor. I think the Legacy Collection Rancor for the 3.75" line has got a better sculpt, but the paint on the HasLab Black Series one looks better. Not perfect, but better...it's a shame.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2021, 06:54:59 AM »
I just can't fathom why you would do three HasLab Projects at the same time?

I mean, from what I understood at the get go for HasLab, this was going to be a one project a year kinda over the top never being able to produce for the regular line due to size and or cost constraints.

I don't see how the Rancor fits into this other than trying to increase the price point. I don't see why this couldn't have come out at maybe $150.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2021, 09:47:54 AM »
Backers are still going down. Guess this one is the first HasLab that won't make it! It just burns me because I bet we won't get any new Star Wars, let alone Black Series offering for HasLab in a good long while.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2021, 09:31:23 AM »
Daily check in. It is down more.

Anyone think this is gonna make a resurgence the final day or so to make this viable. I think its a forgone conclusion this one is out.

I was also thinking maybe for the next HasLab they ought to do a Fan Site Vote like they have done for figures in the past. Anyone think that would be a good idea?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2021, 12:37:04 AM »
I still think this one will break 9k when all orders from Zavvi and other international partners are added at the end. More afraid am I that the Hasbro brand team will not learn the lesson, then. I keep my fingers crossed for everyone who wants to have a 1/12 scale Rancor.
If this is not happening, there's still 3D printing.

If the brand team is smart, they do take a look at fan pages, which they said they do. When I interviewed Eric on Comic Con he said he knew the Shipyards! I know Steve does!
Their tier goals are nothing less but disappointing. I mean it's nice to add the smallest figure, Mr B Crumb to the Rancor, but it's a kick in the face for all TVC collectors at the same time because the Crumb AND the Mouse Droid were close to impossible to get. And giving them VC numbers was an insult to all completists out there. I'm glad I'm not one of them. I'd probably be mentally broken since.

At the moment, the Rancor a sinking ship hit by friendly fire. The brand team are sinking themselves. And this is nothing personal.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 12:05:08 PM »
Well its two days since I last looked and its about the same.

Still have my doubts this will be funded.

Sure hope they would do a fan vote for the next Star Wars HasLab.

I do think the team has a bit of disconnect for items the fans really want especailly for these higher priced items.