Author Topic: Vintage information articles  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Vintage information articles
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
this is an introductory feeler to see if there is enough intrest for me to start a series of information articles about vintage collectables.  If there are topics you guys want to learn about I will take some time and write a series of basic articles to shed some background and a starting guide to some of these collectables.

First are there some subjects that would be of intrest?

Chime in here if you want to see these happen.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
Re: Vintage information articles
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:51:43 PM »
1. Variants

2. Cardbacks 101

3. Variants

4. Variants

;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »
Oh yeah, I would love to find out more about all the ESB vintage vehicles with boxed images if possible. That and any TESB variants too. Great idea.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:28:11 PM »
Alright,

I will get writting over the weekend hopefully ;)  and first up will be based on cardbacks,  What they are and what the differnces are and what's depicted on each type.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
Alright,

I will get writting over the weekend hopefully ;)  and first up will be based on cardbacks,  What they are and what the differnces are and what's depicted on each type.

Sounds great to me. I kinda know what they all mean, but would love to know all the different types and renditions. Thanks for doing this Wayne. I might have to make you some webpages to house this thing. "vintage editiorials by Sarge" or some such thing.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
No proble,   Most people know what a cardback is and the number refers to teh listed figs on it but many don't know the differnce in a 48b, 48c, 48d card off the top of their heads, bust we will start with the basics and work into some deeper items, such as prototypes, non action figure items and so on

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 08:44:03 PM »
Thanks a lot, I am really enjoying reading through all this stuff. I don't know what I'm going to do when I complete my vintage collection! (Hopefully some time next year at this rate)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 06:26:24 AM »
Thank you, I will be adding more as the weeks go by, it's just a matter of picking topics and getting my info correct ;) my memory can be fuzzy at times and the vintage area is filled with contradictory info and exceptions to the rule. Everyone knows a kid whom they swear had a rocket firing Boba Fett even though none ever made their way into consumers hands backin the day.

As far as finishing a vintage collection, I don't know if one will ever be truely complete, once you finish a basic run, there are so many other offerings from specific cardbacks, to foreign carded and loose figures, prototypes, ads, displays, non toy items, the list is huge since Lucas was a master in marketing,.