Author Topic: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!  (Read 19722 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
Re: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
Well I have to admit I hate everything on here.........

I would also be lying if I did admit that, first off I love the concept for your Admiral Ackbar I plan on doing something similiar with a few of those Mon Cals however making them troopers for the Rebel Alliance, seeing they are bringing out an Admiral Ackbar which I will be getting a few of as well, because I want to make them up into custom Officers.

I also like the Bespin Han although he does seem a little on the skinny side but that's not your fault it's Hasbro for making the parts of Han slim.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2010, 02:22:48 PM »
Thanks everybody, glad you all like him!
- Darth Neo: I totally agree, and I am going to set up a bar fight between them, with a few other guys thrown in there, just for you!
- Doc: Glad you like him, I agree that Hasbro totally could -and should- release one like this, especially if they give us that O2 mask that comes with the current crappy one that's out there! I refuse to buy what looks like a POTF figure just for that (albeit totally sweet) accessory... If you do try to make your own (and I totally recommend that you do!) be sure and heat-press the two chest pieces together after you've separated them but before you glue them back together, without the arms and legs in there. If you get them to fit perfectly again before gluing, you'll have nice stiff arm / torso movement that won't be loose and wobbly at all. The chest is a very hard plastic, which is why it's best to re-align those halves without any of the softer pieces in place yet so you can heat up a bit more without warping anything. Good luck!
- Cap'n Lux and Mandalore the Skepsis: glad you like him!
- BR Steel: I think the mold is pretty close to the same, but I really think the waist part is a bit smaller, although it could just be my imagination, I suppose.
- Sprywalker: Thanks, I hope people do! I'd love to see what other people do differently, like a Bespin-Han Build-off, hah!
- Cimter: Are they really making a new Ackbar? I haven't seen or heard anything about that! You should post a link on here if you find a picture or whatever. Also as for the skinny legs, I was really considering using my Deleted Scene Biggs for the legs, because they definitely had more bulk, but the only articulation was at the hips, so I figured it was a worthy sacrifice to get hips, ball jointed knees and ball jointed ankles instead. I'm such a sucker for uber articulation!   :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:24:22 PM by XizorsVirago »

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »
nice Han Solo!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »
Alright, whoever is a fan of teeny tiny little itty bitty stuff is gonna love this next one... In yet another tribute to the 30th anniversary of Empire, I'm building a model of the Falcon that's pretty much in scale with micro machine figures, so it's about as long as my elbow-to-fingertip distance. And, since any good ship needs a pilot (and co-pilot!), I've painted up my Han and Chewie, with Han actually consisting of a different head (the one that came with the model was wearing a helmet?!), and with what I can only assume are the wrong arms, because I had to do a little slicing to get them to fit, haha. So, here are my freshly painted mini-figures, enjoy!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2010, 01:02:37 AM »
as an action fleet fan ..i think its superb!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2010, 02:20:35 AM »
Now that was some tiny detail painting. Good job, XV!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2010, 11:32:38 AM »
Thanks, wraithnine and clonehead! This morning I looked at them and decided I definitely needed to make Chewie a bandoleer, so I used the strap from one of the 3 3/4" sniper rifle straps (the "clone gear"), and sliced it thinner so it wouldn't look quite as bulky. Enjoy, let me know what you think! (the dime is in there for a sense of scale, in case anyone was wondering!)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
Are you going to use that dime to see if the Falcon can turn on it.  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  Good luck on the model building.  Can't wait to see it.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2010, 01:09:20 PM »
Haha, nice one, JM!

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »
score!! nice anyway boosk hates chewie if you want to do a background search you,ll see what i mean ;)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »
damn.... having been someone who put together the older mel. falcon model I know how tiny these figures are... I wound up using a han and chewie from the transformer's line so that they'd be in scale and already painted! lol

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »
Wow, thanks for the close up shot. Nice bandolier work on chewie. Now that reminds me of how tedious it was to paint details on the little 1/72nd scale military model figures that I used to get into.
  That's some detailing skill, folks!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »
Wow! That is cool! and some small details to paint. Can't wait to see more on this.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2010, 07:01:35 PM »
cool ;D

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2010, 07:42:31 AM »
very very nice XV
Chewie looks really good with the custom bandolier.