Author Topic: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!  (Read 19720 times)

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
Re: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2010, 08:15:36 AM »
ur ackbar rock socks!!!!!!! i bet hasbro cant even come up with anything close

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2010, 08:17:58 AM »
nice customs dude :)

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »
Ackbar and Dooku look amazing.  Ackbar especially...the combination of parts is fantastic.  It seems strange to me that he has yet to receive a super-articulated update.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
That Ackbar is awesome

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
Very cool Ackbar, Love it!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2010, 09:15:27 AM »
I do so love them Mon Cals!  Nice work!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2010, 06:46:21 AM »
nice customs!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2010, 01:54:22 AM »
Thanks, guys! Glad you like Ackbar, he was a really good one to make, my rebel forces are stronger than ever! And now, for something completely different.

Okay, everyone knows this year is the 30th anniversary of Empire, and I have certainly been in a mood for all things ESB. While I was digging around through my collection, I realized that I actually didn't have something that I have been desiring for quite some time, a really nice looking, fully articulate Bespin Han. I know they're releasing a Hoth version, in his big winter coat, but that's just not as awesome as his blue jacket outfit. I had the Torture Rack Han , but everyone who's seen it knows how terrible it is... those anorexic skinny legs, that terrible "tortured" face that just looks like he doesn't know how to close his mouth, that awful mid-torso articulation point that juts out way too much... all kinds of terrible. BUT, I also have a really excellent figure (which I will now need to re-purchase), which is Shield Generator Han . His face really looks like Harrison Ford, his chest has a nice hidden arty-point, and his shirt is neat and tidy tucked in, plus he actually comes with a blaster belt!  So, in Honor of the ESB 30th anniversary, I sacrificed SG Han to make my Ultimate Bespin Han!

Essentially I cracked open SG Han's chest (after basically destroying TR Han's to get at his jacket arms without damaging them at all) and gave him TR's jacket-wearing arms, glued him all back together (after having to try to heat his two chest-halves up enough to align tightly enough that he's not loose), and gave him the vest part of the jacket, which nicely hides the line of separation. I then gave his boots a gloss coat so they would look a bit more distinct from his pants, and painted his droid caller. I had previously painted up his blaster for use with my VOTC Han, so that's now got a silver barrel with teeny little black dots on the flash suppressor (because the sculpt has them on there), as well as some silver "paint chipping" effect. Hope you all like him, but tell me if there's anything you think could be improved!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2010, 02:00:39 AM »
Here's another shot of him with my awesome VOTC Chewie (the one out now who comes with the breathing mask, who absolutely everyone should own!)

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2010, 04:56:04 AM »
nice han and chewie ryan you should hav them fight with boosk

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »
Oh my word.  And Hasbro could EASILY do this one up for us and we'd buy them by the truckload.  (wanna see how Hasbro reuses bits and parts?  Go to yojoe.com and look at how regularly they already do it for Joes...)

XR, you've done a GREAT job on this fig!  I know - simple concept (with some challenging execution, just to keep you honest) but perfect "off the shelf" looks in the completion!  Looks like I'll be after some certain figs on ebay soon...

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »
nice figures!

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
I really like that Han.

I might have to do me one up like that.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19:20 PM »
Looks fabulous.

I've often wondered what exactly went wrong with Torture Rack Han's legs.  If you compare them to both the VOTC and Shield Generator versions, you'll see that they basically used the exact same sculpt with a single modification to remove the holster thigh strap--i.e. every other detail is the same.  I think the overly barrel chest adds to the illusion of Torture Rack Han having smaller legs.

Regardless, if Hasbro duplicated the figure you created, I'd be happy to call it my Bespin Han.  Nice job!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
Very nice job! This is a great Han and I think we will see many people copy this. This is so needed and so sad the Bro has the parts and can't even figure it out. They continue to give us old inferior figures. Great job XV!