Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158463 times)

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: crimson scout)
« Reply #1080 on: March 18, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »
this scout is great!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #1081 on: March 19, 2010, 06:20:12 AM »
Great custom, buddy!
Without any doubt one of your best creations!
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #1082 on: March 19, 2010, 07:57:11 AM »
Great custom, buddy!
Without any doubt one of your best creations!

thanks CK.  I'm working on the other scout in the pack off and on right now.  I got another resolute cobra trooper (who's torso is the best fit for the scout troopers) and began work on it.  I'm probably going to keep the other figure it's original black on black with silver highlights color scheme. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1083 on: March 20, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
Cool mods, spud. I can't believe you are having trouble with the silicoln again.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1084 on: March 20, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »
Cool mods, spud. I can't believe you are having trouble with the silicoln again.

I don't know what is up with the stuff.  This last batch has got me vexed.  I'm tempted to call alumilite and give them a piece of my mind, I e-mailed them on monday and have yet to hear back from them!  I mixed this batch exactly as instructed.  I mixed 4 ounces and put in two full scoops of catalyst.  One scoop for every 2 ounces per instructions.  The crap never hardened right and wound up a goopy mess on my parts...  now I've got to spend extra time to clean my parts back up to try it again.  I should have used extra catylist like I'd been doing.  I'd been using at least half a scoop more per mix than recomended....  but It'd been so long since I'd done it I forgot to and followed the instructions... WHICH SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME THE CORRECT RESULTS....

I am beggining to wonder if there is too much humidity or the temperature might be a factor... or if the instructions are just wrong and you should use more catylist....

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #1085 on: March 21, 2010, 01:57:41 PM »
Nice figures, I am a huge fan of Boba Fett and mandalorians (hence my name) so I am really enjoying those Mando's! 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1086 on: March 21, 2010, 03:15:08 PM »
Those are the same mix measurements that I use and I never have a problem. It could be humidity.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1087 on: March 21, 2010, 10:05:28 PM »
Those are the same mix measurements that I use and I never have a problem. It could be humidity.

I bet it's a temperature/humidity issue then.  First of all I'm in ky where humidity is off the charts at all times... second I'm in a basement room with no real ventilation where all my animals' terrariums are so the humidity is a little higher in my room because of that. 

I actually left one of the molds in the molding container until last night as I was so frustrated that they didn't work I didn't want to mess with it and it solidified, but it took it 3 days to do that! and I still don't know if it's salvagable enough for resin pouring. 

What I'll probably wind up doing is shredding the mold that partially cured and using it as filler in whatever molds I make later since silicone bonds to itself and can be reused like that...  I'll just have to be extra careful to prevent air bubbles and cavities...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1088 on: March 26, 2010, 10:37:10 PM »
well I finally got my hands on a much wanted VOTC Bossk figure.  I've wanted to do a custom of ALL the bounty hunters eventually... but my favorites have always been boba fett, ig-88 and bossk.  to me those three were the most badd-ass of all the bounty hunter's in the OTC. 

so... like I said, I finally got a VOTC bossk fig and I imediately tore into him.  This is an amazing figure to begin with btw, great articulation, great sculpting, perfect details...  but I wanted to customize it to match my other figures...

so this is where I'm at:

as you can see i've removed the lower half of the original bossk figure (from the VOTC line) and replaced it with joe parts.  The lower torso is that from the Pitt Commando and the legs are from a storm shadow figure.

it looks pretty silly right now.  But I've got his harness removed at the moment and the colors are all miss-matched, so it looks a little odd.

The feet will be transposed onto the lower legs of the storm shadow legs by simply cutting them both off and attaching bossk's feet to the SS legs. 

I'll do the same thing for the little suit details, cut them off and glue them onto the new leg pieces.

I've got to mix up a light semi-gloss yellow to match the flight suit and repaint the entire figure to match and it should be done.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #1089 on: March 27, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
YES! *Fist Pump* Bossk is one of my ALL TIME favorite characters! Unfortunatley all i have of him is that sh*t arty one (ya know: swivel neck, swivel shoulder, swivel hips). And im VERY EXCITED to see this guy finished!

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #1090 on: March 27, 2010, 08:36:09 AM »
Crimson Storm Commando:
appointed by the emporer himself to carry out highly secretive missions the crimson commandos are an emperial force to avoid.... 

the crimson commando custom is super articulated using joe parts spliced into the star wars figure.  I have finally perfected this technique and I believe that this is the most seamless blending of the two styles I have accomplished yet.  I am very proud of this one...

These are temporary pictures to hold your curiosity...

He's pictured without his helmet because it is currently setting in a silicone mold waiting to harden and be pulled...  Eventually I hope to add this helmet to my cast resin mold collection.  I forgot to put his bandolier back on him for these shots as well...

I also have plans to make a crimson commando speeder bike to go along with him... as I still have two uncustomized speeders and one will be sacrificed to this custom...
I figure all my scout troopers need to have a speeder bike to go with them... and since my other shadow speeder custom has lights in it I will be adding lights to gen. wier's speeder as well.

expect to see more of this figure and this set of customs by the end of the week. man all i have to say is damn thats fricken awsome man and that black scout next to him was that the one in  comic pack with another scout with a red visor but that crimson one is just superb :o :oawsome

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1091 on: March 28, 2010, 02:03:15 PM »
heres another scout I finished.  He's a blue scout trooper with black armor.  I've not figured out WHY he has that color scheme, I was thinking perhaps that he would be an urban scout trooper (since the honor guard troopers are blue) and since blue and black seem to be more an urban scheme than anything else.  I picture this guy sneaking around the outskirts of couruscant scouting for inner city gangs and thugs that might cause problems for the empire...

The blue figure is a reconstructed/repainted imperial commando with the non-removable helmet from the comic pack. 

My debate now is whether or not to leave him in the blue color scheme or repaint him in the red color scheme to go with my crimson scouts...  I have plans to repaint at least one speeder bike to be Gen. Wier's crimson scout speeder bike...

I'm thinking about repainting my at-st in black/red colors as well and making a set of crimson scout at-st drivers.  HOWEVER I just got a revel at-rt kit so I might redo the at-rt in crimson scout colors and make it their walker support vehicle instead of ruining my at-st....

the at-st drivers will probably be modified scout troopers with crimson guard helmets instead of the traditional helmets.... 

I also have plans to make a shadow arf trooper with a legacy/joe body style.  It'll be the same recipee as the blue scout pictured above but have a cast resin arf trooper helmet repainted in black/grey colors.

oh... and I'm still working on bossk...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1092 on: March 28, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
Nice work, Spud. I am looking forward to the completion of that Bossk figure.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #1093 on: March 28, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »
cool work !

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #1094 on: March 28, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »
these are pretty fun...you NEED to give me that bossk hands, feet, head, :)

Just saying...