Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158452 times)

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: contest entry)
« Reply #1065 on: March 14, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »
ok... new figure in the works (well, actually a couple) but this is the only one I've got pics of at the moment

Iron-mando
or
Heavy Armor Mandalorian

it's just a WIP at the moment... still needs paint.

basically this figure is the comic style war-machine from the Iron Man 2 line of figs with a clone trooper head and a cast resin mando helmet...  the belt is actually the vest of the night adder trimmed up and inverted...  the hands are a random joes and the weopons were in my accessory box...
I want one ! I love the way it looks with the war-machine body, and parts. By the way , how are your scoutARF troopers coming? Can't wait to see them .

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #1066 on: March 15, 2010, 01:07:28 AM »
Thats how I see Mandos Devin. I think they have a few sets of armor like Iron Man based on the combat environment.  I saw these new Iron Man figs and immediately thought of what you might be able to come up with based on these. I think this is gonna be outstanding.

I would love to see you do a boba one like this with the vintage paint colors like NFC did and a Mythrosaur skull on the armor somewhere.

Tamer that is the way I also have always thought.  I always felt boba's armor was the way it was because (according to traditional, BEFORE the prequels, thinking) his armor was the last known remnants of the mandalorian tradition, that his armor was mismatched in colors and parts because it was cobbled together from several sources...  The thought that I always had was that every mandalorian would either
1: have one set of armor that was uniquely theirs in color, style, and fit...
OR
2: have SEVERAL set of specified armor that would reflect the situation they might be in.  (ie: stealth armor, snow armor, desert armor, etc)

In my customs I have kind of reflected the second thought process.... but I also believe that both ideas could be adapted into current mythos...  in that the original mandalorians in their glory days would have had many suits of armor, many styles, and many specified armor types... but in the tradition's decline, as more and more mandos were wiped out by the civil war, and as mandalore iron became scarce mandalorians began to use a "one armor suits all conditions" generic armor that was then tailored to reflect the individual wearer rather than the environment they were in....  so instead of becomeing just another tool in the mando's repituar the armor became a symbol of self and a way for mandalorians to quickly recognize individuals......

:Psorry I ramble.

as for this custom.  I am going to be using a different head as I don't want him to be a clone.... and I will be repainting the figure, possibly sculpting some traditional chest armor, as well as giving him a more traditional mandalorian color scheme....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1067 on: March 15, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
I would love to see an EU SW novel that was like a Raiders of the Lost Ark for a "fabled armory".

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1068 on: March 16, 2010, 12:05:14 AM »
ok... so some of you may have figured it out, and I may have said this before, but I love mandos.  I love boba fett...  and I love the concept.

But if I had to choose a second favorite concept in the star wars universe it would be the scout trooper.  I don't know why, probably because I LOVED the endor sequences as a kid and (being a bonified redneck) love the outdoors/woods, I always thought that being a scout trooper on basically a galactic national park would be awesome....

anyways, I degress.  I love my scout trooper customs.  I love the kashyyyk trooper, and the EU versions of the scout trooper, and I love the fact that the storm commandos use the scout trooper style armor.

SO... when the new comic pack with general wier and the second storm commando were released I had to grab one for some super arty customs!
I'm almost finished with general wier and I've come up with a whole new class of scout trooper made from him....

the "crimson scout"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: crimson scout)
« Reply #1069 on: March 16, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »
Crimson Storm Commando:
appointed by the emporer himself to carry out highly secretive missions the crimson commandos are an emperial force to avoid.... 

the crimson commando custom is super articulated using joe parts spliced into the star wars figure.  I have finally perfected this technique and I believe that this is the most seamless blending of the two styles I have accomplished yet.  I am very proud of this one...

These are temporary pictures to hold your curiosity...

He's pictured without his helmet because it is currently setting in a silicone mold waiting to harden and be pulled...  Eventually I hope to add this helmet to my cast resin mold collection.  I forgot to put his bandolier back on him for these shots as well...

I also have plans to make a crimson commando speeder bike to go along with him... as I still have two uncustomized speeders and one will be sacrificed to this custom...
I figure all my scout troopers need to have a speeder bike to go with them... and since my other shadow speeder custom has lights in it I will be adding lights to gen. wier's speeder as well.

expect to see more of this figure and this set of customs by the end of the week.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #1070 on: March 16, 2010, 12:22:25 AM »
SPUD YOUR THE MAN I havent even seen those comic packs around my neck of the woods yet. Oh yeah Im also working on an Iron man clone custom should be ready in a couple of days.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1071 on: March 16, 2010, 04:13:06 AM »
Awesome Devin! This is one of the best for sure, and the size of the figure came out right as well. Great job!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1072 on: March 16, 2010, 04:17:10 AM »
Looks good Devin. I can't wait to see this with the helmet on, let alone the speeder bike!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #1073 on: March 16, 2010, 10:01:39 AM »
Excellent spud. The next great work of art from your hand.

It is great to see a Biker Scout (or Storm Commando) which is able to sit on a bike.

great job
10/10

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1074 on: March 16, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
that is super awesome mate great work cant wait for a new mando

Offline Stitch_Fett

• Ensign
« Reply #1075 on: March 16, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
wow, it's amazing!!!!!!, I love color scheme!

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #1076 on: March 16, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »
cool custom dude

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #1077 on: March 16, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »
I fuuking love this custom.  Everything g'damn thing about it is flipping awesome.   

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1078 on: March 16, 2010, 10:22:03 PM »
lol thanks guys, I think this is probably my second favorite figure I've ever done...  (second of course to ultimate boba)...

I'm having some issues with this last batch of silicone I used while trying to mold this helmet and a bunch of others so it may be a while before I finally get it worked out so that I can use his helmet again....  dang silicone is giving me issues and not wanting to harden up again.  Seems like every other batch of this stuff gives me problems..... >:(

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #1079 on: March 18, 2010, 07:42:40 AM »
Cool custom Spud I am really liking the looks of this figure, the splicing came out really well.